• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let me know of your tournament!

The Game II

Smash Champion
This is mostly for TOs, but I want to hit everyone up with this.

I have started a news web site dedicated to everything (for right now) cali tournaments (www.getyourtournament.com). As you'll see, I get around and actually go to these events.

I semi-launched the site today, and we make it really official on March 31.

So, this is just a notice that I might show up at a future tournament (like tomorrow's event in Torrance) and report on it and the players. If I don't, you're welcome to PM or e-mail me with the results, but I'll need REAL FULL NAMES of the winners. I really want to make this work.

If you want to be a correspondent (non-paying), PM me and we'll talk about it. No guarantees, tho.

btw, this is not just a Melee site, even though melee has the most action.

--GCII

SuperRad

Smash Master
I like what your site is doing. So far I've just barely started to look at it, but it seems like you are doing a good job.

I just listened to your interview with Vincent Camarena (Meep I believe). A few suggestions on the audio interviews:
1) I'd suggest stating where you are, and introducing him by his real name and his alias.
2) I know that its hard, but I at times you kind of stumbled over your words. This is not a big deal but I think that if you can improve it will make the interviews more interesting.
3) You talked about him not playing his best character, but I believe you did not mention which character that is.
4) IIRC, the tournament that this was recorded at he played against KFC in the finals. It might've been nice to touch on that, as they are crew members.

Oh, and I wouldn't say that DSF is top 5 in the country.

But again, overall i think this is a great thing.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
cool, thats a good idea. Smashboards is great but sometimes its hard to find tournaments right away. BTW DBR has never been together all at once? I find that hard to believe.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Many thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep them in mind, because I'll be doing video and audio tomorrow.

As far as me stumbling over words, people who know me know that's me. I'm still learning the multimedia thing. I've been writing for 11 years, so that's my forte, but I wanted to expand beyond that, because I'll soon have to do podcasting for my real job.

In the future, I'd like my segment to be with someone else, where we can bounce words off each other. But that's way down the line.

--GCII

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
The site is great. Although right now there isn't much on it, I think it's an excellent idea to interview winners and to get information and pictures/media on all tournaments going on. Anything to help garner more attention to smash is definitely a plus. ANy tournaments that happen should put results and pictures and things onto this site for the benefit of both the tournament hosts to advertise easier and get bigger turnout and also for the site itself.

EDIT: Hey one thing though. I think the site is a great idea, but you gotta make sure your information is right. For example, McRusty's real name isn't right. Also, the articles have to be written by real writers, not just some guy compiling facts in some random order with no real knowledge of the game or the scene.

The Game II

Smash Champion
If mcrusty wants to tell me again his name because that's the name he gave me, then fine.

As far as my experience with the games, I'll let the rest of the community speak for me if they want. I will say that I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't believe that I could use my 11 years of local and statewide newspaper reporting to pull this off.

--GCII

Top Bottom