• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Hype!!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
No your just a self entitled little guy who thinks hes always right.
Well guess what?
You're wrong. Zelda's prone to change and you need to accept that.
Where is your proof? I completely agree with Hayzie on a lot of points. For example, she is right in saying Zelda is the god of all videogames.... Nearly every major(a) Zelda game has been on the forefront of innovation. Zelda 1: Open World, Zelda 2: Dark Souls Difficulty, A Link to the Past: every adventure game ever, Ocarina of Time: 3D gaming, sword fighting, and camera controls that are still used today, Majoras Mask: Atmosphere in games, Wind Waker: Cell shading!(this didn't affect the gaming community until way after it's release), TP:uh...... I'm at a loss for this one, Skyward Sword: Besides motion controls SS provided a deep connection with the main character, A Link Between Worlds is more of a soft reset of Zelda, but it is still bringing back older gaming culture back into the community.... So yeah.... Without Zelda, games really wouldn't be as good as they could be... As for voice acting, do you seriously think it's millions of fans will cancel their preorder because the game doesn't have bad voice acting? Really, think of the logistics. Nintendo would have to dub Zelda in every major language, spend less time in development, make the game release later than it usually would, and it would be expensive.... Very expensive.... Would you rather have a rushed game for some VA to "compliment" the experience and a pretty huge chance of severely messing up on the VA'ing to Zelda CDI amounts of bad, or would you rather have a beautiful, timeless gem that doesn't show it's age with Voice Acting?
Really, the only way they should do VA is if all the characters a form of Hylian similar to Fi or Midna. That would not have to be localized, and it would sound pleasant to the ear. They also have very little to mess up on.
Even then, go sit in a corner and thinks out the priorities for this game.
I'd rather have voice acting too, but if it's not done well then uhh....uh-oh.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
No your just a self entitled little guy who thinks hes always right.
Well guess what?
You're wrong. Zelda's prone to change and you need to accept that.
you're*, he's*

Zelda won't have voice acting and for a reason. You 92 year old woman from Wisconsin. Your cheese stinks and you're killing all the cats.

R0Y

Smash Master
you're*, he's*

Zelda won't have voice acting and for a reason. You 92 year old woman from Wisconsin. Your cheese stinks and you're killing all the cats.

Hayzie pls. After Kid Icarus: Uprising and The Last Story I have some faith in Nintendo and voice acting.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Where is your proof? I completely agree with Hayzie on a lot of points. For example, she is right in saying Zelda is the god of all videogames.... Nearly every major(a) Zelda game has been on the forefront of innovation. Zelda 1: Open World, Zelda 2: Dark Souls Difficulty, A Link to the Past: every adventure game ever, Ocarina of Time: 3D gaming, sword fighting, and camera controls that are still used today, Majoras Mask: Atmosphere in games, Wind Waker: Cell shading!(this didn't affect the gaming community until way after it's release), TP:uh...... I'm at a loss for this one, Skyward Sword: Besides motion controls SS provided a deep connection with the main character, A Link Between Worlds is more of a soft reset of Zelda, but it is still bringing back older gaming culture back into the community.... So yeah.... Without Zelda, games really wouldn't be as good as they could be... As for voice acting, do you seriously think it's millions of fans will cancel their preorder because the game doesn't have bad voice acting? Really, think of the logistics. Nintendo would have to dub Zelda in every major language, spend less time in development, make the game release later than it usually would, and it would be expensive.... Very expensive.... Would you rather have a rushed game for some VA to "compliment" the experience and a pretty huge chance of severely messing up on the VA'ing to Zelda CDI amounts of bad, or would you rather have a beautiful, timeless gem that doesn't show it's age with Voice Acting?
Really, the only way they should do VA is if all the characters a form of Hylian similar to Fi or Midna. That would not have to be localized, and it would sound pleasant to the ear. They also have very little to mess up on.
Even then, go sit in a corner and thinks out the priorities for this game.

Oh but I never said Zelda wasn't all that. I said using that as your only argument is showing that you have a very, very poor argument to begin with.

I however agree with your form of VA. And I'd be happy with it.

you're*, he's*

Again proving that you can't hold a argument. Grammar correction is obviously just you backing out of an argument you know you are losing.
I am very offended by your "Insults" as well.

Hah :)

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I just hope this game does well and help with the sales of the Wii U. It has a lot of potential to be one of the best Zelda games from what we have seen.

If this game isn't good, I'm just gonna be REALLY :c

DrXenoPootis

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrXenoPootis
3DS FC
3969-6817-9705
Other than being so hyped up, I honestly don't know what will Nintendo implement something that's unique only to the game. Like for Majora's Mask's obvious mask system. I guess a giant letter U? Since the game is named Legend of Zelda U? Its best to just wait.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Again proving that you can't hold a argument. Grammar correction is obviously just you backing out of an argument you know you are losing.
I am very offended by your "Insults" as well.

Hah :)
Correcting your grammar is obviously showing that I'm arguing with a 1st grader. Nice try, though.

Hayzie pls. After Kid Icarus: Uprising and The Last Story I have some faith in Nintendo and voice acting.
KI:U is a resurrected franchise from quarter-century ago and does not share & hold the same values and history as Zelda.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Correcting your grammar is obviously showing that I'm arguing with a 1st grader. Nice try, though.

KI:U is a resurrected franchise from quarter-century ago and does not share & hold the same values and history as Zelda.
No, if you were holding an actual valid statement you would've stuck to it and not grammar.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Can everyone get back on the topic of the thread, please, instead of pointlessly bickering?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah true, this is geting very annoying show some HYPE for Zelda.:4link::4sheik::4zelda::4ganondorf:
:link:
It is quite difficult to continue hyping up a game that has just been delayed, and supposedly isn't going to make a showing at this years E3. . . Any dedicated Zelda fan has read about and / or has personally discussed the little amount of information we've been givent to death now. At the most, all we really have left are personal wants / theories and whatever. Believe me, I'm just as excited as anyone else for this new, ambitious Zelda title, but. . . We need new information eventually, even if just a little. :/

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It is quite difficult to continue hyping up a game that has just been delayed, and supposedly isn't going to make a showing at this years E3. . . Any dedicated Zelda fan has read about and / or has personally discussed the little amount of information we've been givent to death now. At the most, all we really have left are personal wants / theories and whatever. Believe me, I'm just as excited as anyone else for this new, ambitious Zelda title, but. . . We need new information eventually, even if just a little. :/
100% this....
There is really nothing to talk about regarding Zelda Wii U.... Even more so, we now do not know anything about Zelda Wii U now, because of this new direction of the development team and these "New Ideas". We now have no idea what will change, we have no idea when we will see Zelda Wii U again...........
I just really hope they don't port a superior version of the game on the NX..............

finalark

SNORLAX
I didn't know voice acting in LoZ was this touchy of a topic. It looks like it's practically on par with walking into an anime club and asking "Hey, what did you guys think about Neon Genesis Evengelion?"

Anyway, on track.

I really doubt Nintendo is working on a port of it for the NX. People seem to forget that companies begin working on their next console usually about mid-way through their current consoles lifespan. Although I do think Nintendo has really poorly handled the Wii U, but that is a topic for another day. I already said this in another thread but I think it's worth stating again, I'm really hoping that it's an E3 no-show because Nintendo isn't confident in the game right now and wants to refine it into something they feel can be proudly presented.

Although the lack of info really hurts. I kind of wish we had at least had a few hints on what was coming instead of absolute silence. Although this is just how Nintendo is handling the LoZ series these days. If you recall, Skyward Sword was pretty downplayed too. I think it has something to do with them creating unrealistic expectations with Twilight Princess way back in the mid 2000s.

Where is your proof? I completely agree with Hayzie on a lot of points. For example, she is right in saying Zelda is the god of all videogames.... Nearly every major(a) Zelda game has been on the forefront of innovation. Zelda 1: Open World,

This game had LoZ beat by seven years.

Zelda 2: Dark Souls Difficulty,

I wouldn't even argue that LoZ II is hard because of the tricky controls and high learning curve (which is what makes Dark Souls hard). It was hard because of bad game design.

A Link to the Past: every adventure game ever,
This is pretty ambiguous, but I'm certain most of A Link to the Past's innovations could be found in games like Dragon Quest or Mana series.

Ocarina of Time: 3D gaming, sword fighting, and camera controls that are still used today,
I really can't argue that the Z-targeting system wasn't revolutionary, but I'd point to Mario 64 as more influential on how 3D games were designed.

Majoras Mask: Atmosphere in games,

Wind Waker: Cell shading!(this didn't affect the gaming community until way after it's release),

Skyward Sword: SS provided a deep connection with the main character,

This one is a bit more ambiguous, since I haven't played SS and I'm not sure what you mean. But I'm assuming you mean how you interact with and perceive the protagonist is a big part of the game.

A Link Between Worlds is more of a soft reset of Zelda, but it is still bringing back older gaming culture back into the community....

ALBW was made specifically for people who were nostalgic for the older LoZ games. Frankly speaking, it's barely even a blip on the radar of the gaming community at large. Although there is a noticeable movement towards the style of older games, this is primarily an indie game thing.

So yeah.... Without Zelda, games really wouldn't be as good as they could be...
I'd argue the only LoZ game that did anything hugely influential was Ocarina of Time, although LoZ 1 popularized the idea of an open world.

Don't get me wrong, the LoZ games are wonderful but don't let your love of the series make you myopic.

Last edited:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
We all knew that Zelda was going to get delayed. I think that the initial announcement of a 2015 release date was about short-term investor concerns.

No E3 presence does concern me though. After the last demonstration in December (which in all honesty wasn't much at all), it seems like there should be enough to at least put together a trailer. some screenshots, anything for the biggest game show of the year. Game development definitely takes time, especially for Nintendo, but a total no-show leads me to believe that Nintendo is trying to implement something "innovative" (read: goofy and half-baked) into the gameplay, and that has me worried.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Can everyone get back on the topic of the thread, please, instead of pointlessly bickering?
Well, that depends. Do you have something to say about Zelda U? I'd like to hear it.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, that depends. Do you have something to say about Zelda U? I'd like to hear it.
Finalark is right. The lack of things to discuss about Zelda Wii U isn't an excuse to derail the topic, as there's nothing forcing you to post in this thread, and certainly not on a subject that I already asked you to drop if you couldn't discuss it civilly. If you have anything else to say on this topic, please PM me.

To answer your question, like everyone else, I'm bummed about it being delayed, and like everyone else, I'm hoping it doesn't get pushed back to the next console. I finally got a Wii U not long ago and I'm still not seeing a ton of titles that are interesting to me (just enough for me to justify getting the console), and some major franchise titles that aren't Mario are the kind of thing I'd like to see. Since I have no clue when we'll see Metroid at all ever again, I'm holding out my hope for Zelda.

finalark

SNORLAX
I finally got a Wii U not long ago and I'm still not seeing a ton of titles that are interesting to me (just enough for me to justify getting the console), and some major franchise titles that aren't Mario are the kind of thing I'd like to see. Since I have no clue when we'll see Metroid at all ever again, I'm holding out my hope for Zelda.
I know this struggle. Last year I decided to pick up a Wii U over a PS4 because the games I want for the latter won't be seeing the light of day for a long while. I had assumed that by the end of 2015 we would be seeing a number of new entries into long running Nintendo franchises that I like, so I picked up a Wii U. About six months later the only games I own for it are Mario Kart 8, Nintendo Land (both came bundled) Monster Hunter 3 (a birthday gift), Smash 4 (which I partially bought the console for) Hyrule Warriors (which I admittedly probably wouldn't have bought if it didn't have Link on the cover, never underestimate the power of recognizability). Given that the console is three years into its life cycle and I'm struggling to find games I want to buy, this is a problem.

My biggest problem with the current era is that Nintendo doesn't seem to know what to do with their non-Mario franchises. Even then, they've been pretty much remaking Mario Bros 3 for the past few years. Call me a heretic, but frankly speaking I never really cared much for Mario Bros 3. Even when I was a kid and I didn't know the game was "supposed" to be a big deal. Doesn't help that they've given fans of Mario 64 and the games modeled after it the shaft by discarding it for the sake of isometric Mario. Despite being a long time Nintendo fan, my least favorite part of Nintendo was Mario. Yes, I am salty that they've been trying to distract us from the fact that they're running out of white rabbits to pull out of their hat by pumping out Mario games like there's no tomorrow.

On the front of their other franchises, as far as the Wii U goes at least, we've gotten Pikmin 3, which is great if you're a fan of the series but those games were never really my cup of tea. The promise of a Fire Emblem crossover with a series that's cult in North America at best, while I plan on buying it I doubt it will be flying off store shelves. We've had a glimpse of a Star Fox game but nothing more than that. There was a new DK game, and while its fun (and I'm sure purists will fight me to the death over it) it's pretty much the same exact thing as the old SNES games. Nostalgia is fun and all, and maybe it come from growing up in the GCN era, but I'd rather see Nintendo take risks with their franchises rather than just unearth what already exists. If I wanted to play Donkey Kong Country again I would just go dig up my old GBA copy, no pay $60 for a brand new game.

As far as Zelda goes, they released a remake of Wind Waker to try and hold us over until Zelda U comes out. While that may be exciting for younger fans who never got a chance to play the original or for people who might have sold their old copies, as somebody who still owns the original GCN version there really isn't that big of an incentive to pay full price for it. Metroid might as well be dead at this point (five years without a new game isn't a big deal, five years without a single peep out of the devs is bad news), I really doubt we'll see another 3D Mario in the near future (I can take or leave 2D Mario, but I really enjoy the 3D ones). Nintendo has flat-out stated that they're done with F-Zero, the new Star Fox will probably just be a glorified Star Fox 64 remake (because god knows that certain, very vocal Star Fox fans tend to react very negatively if Nintendo tries to do anything creative with the series), I could go on but you get it. At this point I'm really banking on Zelda U to ease that buyer's remorse.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
100% this....
There is really nothing to talk about regarding Zelda Wii U.... Even more so, we now do not know anything about Zelda Wii U now, because of this new direction of the development team and these "New Ideas". We now have no idea what will change, we have no idea when we will see Zelda Wii U again...........
I just really hope they don't port a superior version of the game on the NX..............
I don't think they're really changing anything major. They're just adding onto it. With more powerful hardware comes fulfilling gameplay expectations. The least we could naturally expect is a huge world with no restrictions in traversing it with the Zelda gameplay we all know and love. Okay, there's that.... but what can the Wii U hardware do for the changing of regular conventions? Of course Aonuma-san doesn't want to just make a larger and prettier Ocarina of Time. Generational leap in hardware + rethinking the ideas of gameplay = we really need to work our butts off with what we initially had set out to do and we're gonna polish this to the extreme as we go.

NPC schedules, mini-games within the world, huge crowded towns, reasons for every action and item in your possession. Don't just fish here, fish there, too. You can't take Epona up this steep hill, climb on the back of this type of enemy or race. Perhaps dropping or toning down the classic "3 hit to defeat" logic. Literally puzzles and thinking everywhere; at least, in a gameplay perspective, logical actions for satisfying outcomes. It's Zelda growing up without becoming an entirely different person.

Last edited:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
On the front of their other franchises, as far as the Wii U goes at least, we've gotten Pikmin 3, which is great if you're a fan of the series but those games were never really my cup of tea. The promise of a Fire Emblem crossover with a series that's cult in North America at best, while I plan on buying it I doubt it will be flying off store shelves. We've had a glimpse of a Star Fox game but nothing more than that. There was a new DK game, and while its fun (and I'm sure purists will fight me to the death over it) it's pretty much the same exact thing as the old SNES games. Nostalgia is fun and all, and maybe it come from growing up in the GCN era, but I'd rather see Nintendo take risks with their franchises rather than just unearth what already exists. If I wanted to play Donkey Kong Country again I would just go dig up my old GBA copy, no pay $60 for a brand new game.

As far as Zelda goes, they released a remake of Wind Waker to try and hold us over until Zelda U comes out. While that may be exciting for younger fans who never got a chance to play the original or for people who might have sold their old copies, as somebody who still owns the original GCN version there really isn't that big of an incentive to pay full price for it. Metroid might as well be dead at this point (five years without a new game isn't a big deal, five years without a single peep out of the devs is bad news), I really doubt we'll see another 3D Mario in the near future (I can take or leave 2D Mario, but I really enjoy the 3D ones). Nintendo has flat-out stated that they're done with F-Zero, the new Star Fox will probably just be a glorified Star Fox 64 remake (because god knows that certain, very vocal Star Fox fans tend to react very negatively if Nintendo tries to do anything creative with the series), I could go on but you get it. At this point I'm really banking on Zelda U to ease that buyer's remorse.
Let's just hope Splatoon is good. I don't even have my WiiU plugged in unless my son is at my house, and even he plays the Wii more than the WiiU. Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4 have been disappointments to me, and while I love the fanservice in Hyrule Warriors, I'm not a big fan of the gameplay. Although the WiiU frankly sucks, I'm not too remorseful, partly because I knew I was buying a Smash/Zelda box and partly because it was a gift for my son moreso than it was a purchase for myself.

I hope this Zelda game lives up to the hype, but I'm not really holding my breath. Nintendo's development process is so strange- it's as if EAD is frozen in time whenever they complete a game, and then reawakened to work on the next one with no knowledge of what's transpired in the larger gaming universe. Nintendo keeps harping on the open world gameplay as if its something new. Admittedly it is to Zelda, but open worlds have been a mainstay in gaming since at least GTA 3. And as good as the Majora's Mask remake was in many ways, the boss design has me terrified. In a post-SotC world, there is absolutely no reason for Zelda boss design to be stuck in the 80's with big eyes and glowing red spots.

Ugh, that was way more negative than I intended it to be, but I'm not hopeful.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Well, see you guys next year.

Now lets all join the GTA V PC delay train as we wait hopelessly.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It's really not the delay that's bad.... It's the lack of information and news......... We have almost nothing as of right now.....

finalark

SNORLAX
And as good as the Majora's Mask remake was in many ways, the boss design has me terrified. In a post-SotC world, there is absolutely no reason for Zelda boss design to be stuck in the 80's with big eyes and glowing red spots.
Your mentioning Shadow of the Colossus made me wonder why LoZ hasn't started making their bosses closer to puzzles rather than actual fights? In SotC, every single fight is focused on figured how exactly how to hurt this thing. In LoZ almost every boss for the past 20+ years boils down to "use dungeon item on boss, boss reveals weak point, wail on weak point for fifteen seconds or so, repeat until the pinata drops a heart container."

Speaking of puzzles, I would like to see some actual puzzles in the LoZ games. Aside from occasionally having to push around boxes, once again for the past 20+ years it's all down to the dungeon item. Only this time it's basically, "wander around dungeon until you find the dungeon item, go back to every dead end room and rub the dungeon item on everything until progress happens, fight boss, advance story."

On a game to game basis this isn't a terrible thing, but as someone who's been playing the LoZ series his whole life this formula is getting old.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Your mentioning Shadow of the Colossus made me wonder why LoZ hasn't started making their bosses closer to puzzles rather than actual fights? In SotC, every single fight is focused on figured how exactly how to hurt this thing. In LoZ almost every boss for the past 20+ years boils down to "use dungeon item on boss, boss reveals weak point, wail on weak point for fifteen seconds or so, repeat until the pinata drops a heart container."

Speaking of puzzles, I would like to see some actual puzzles in the LoZ games. Aside from occasionally having to push around boxes, once again for the past 20+ years it's all down to the dungeon item. Only this time it's basically, "wander around dungeon until you find the dungeon item, go back to every dead end room and rub the dungeon item on everything until progress happens, fight boss, advance story."

On a game to game basis this isn't a terrible thing, but as someone who's been playing the LoZ series his whole life this formula is getting old.
Aonuma said:
So you know we've talked a little bit today about the puzzle-solving element in Zelda, and how that's kinda taken a different shape in Hyrule Warriors. But I think people have come to just assume that puzzle-solving will exist in a Zelda game, and I kinda wanna change that, maybe turn it on its ear.

As a player progresses through any game, they're making choices. They're making hopefully logical choices to progress them in the game. And when I hear 'puzzle solving' I think of like moving blocks so that a door opens or something like that. But I feel like making those logical choices and taking information that you received previously and making decisions based on that can also be a sort of puzzle-solving. So I wanna kinda rethink or maybe reconstruct the idea of puzzle-solving within the Zelda universe.
Aonuma said:
One aspect of Hyrule Warriors that really left a big impression on me was how the big bosses can actually move across the map while you’re fighting them. For example, you can have a boss start by heading toward your stronghold and you’ll attack and then follow them. That’s something you don’t usually see in a Zelda game because bosses are usually in enclosed spaces so that kind of gameplay feels fresh to me. It also works really well in an expansive world, which is what we’re planning to do for the next Zelda game. It’s going to be a really open world so that’s the kind of gameplay we’d really like to incorporate.
I do not think you should worry about things not being fresh. Zelda WIi U really does feel like it may be a true successor to the original Zelda.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Remember how they said they wanted to blur the lines between overworld and dungeon in Skyward Sword? I haven't played it myself, but from what I heard this was more or less forgotten.

This is why I take everything anyone from Nintendo says with a massive salty grain of salty salt.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Remember how they said they wanted to blur the lines between overworld and dungeon in Skyward Sword? I haven't played it myself, but from what I heard this was more or less forgotten.

This is why I take everything anyone from Nintendo says with a massive salty grain of salty salt.
Ummmmmm
Nintendo did do that....
Everything in the overworld did feel like dungeons, it was kind of an obstacle, filled with enemies and their own puzzles.... That's why many people dislike Skyward Sword. This created a severe lack of exploration within the Hyrule portions of the game... Whilst there was absolutely nothing to explore in the sky....

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
My biggest problem with the current era is that Nintendo doesn't seem to know what to do with their non-Mario franchises. Even then, they've been pretty much remaking Mario Bros 3 for the past few years. Call me a heretic, but frankly speaking I never really cared much for Mario Bros 3. Even when I was a kid and I didn't know the game was "supposed" to be a big deal. Doesn't help that they've given fans of Mario 64 and the games modeled after it the shaft by discarding it for the sake of isometric Mario. Despite being a long time Nintendo fan, my least favorite part of Nintendo was Mario. Yes, I am salty that they've been trying to distract us from the fact that they're running out of white rabbits to pull out of their hat by pumping out Mario games like there's no tomorrow.
Tbh, I've been getting pretty tired of Mario lately due to most of the games coming out of the franchise to be mediocre at best. Besides MK8, none of the other games astounded me. It doesn't help that it seems like Nintendo's focusing more on that series compared to some of their other franchises. I know I won't be buying Mario Maker later this year because I'm not a fan of those type of games.

OT: I don't like that Zelda U won't be shown at all during E3 because it'll just leave Zelda fans in the dark more. Nintendo's just handling this situation very badly. At least give us a title or something, guys. >__>

finalark

SNORLAX
Ummmmmm
Nintendo did do that....
Everything in the overworld did feel like dungeons, it was kind of an obstacle, filled with enemies and their own puzzles.... That's why many people dislike Skyward Sword. This created a severe lack of exploration within the Hyrule portions of the game... Whilst there was absolutely nothing to explore in the sky....
Sounds like it backfired, then. Like I said, I haven't played Skyward Sword, so this is just going off what I've heard.

OT: I don't like that Zelda U won't be shown at all during E3 because it'll just leave Zelda fans in the dark more. Nintendo's just handling this situation very badly. At least give us a title or something, guys. >__>
I'm kinda hoping Nintendo pulls a fast one on us and ends up having some stuff at E3. Then again, information for the sake of information isn't always a good thing. No point in showing off features and mechanics that might end up getting dropped anyway.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Sounds like it backfired, then. Like I said, I haven't played Skyward Sword, so this is just going off what I've heard.

I'm kinda hoping Nintendo pulls a fast one on us and ends up having some stuff at E3. Then again, information for the sake of information isn't always a good thing. No point in showing off features and mechanics that might end up getting dropped anyway.
I mean, they did pull the idea itself off well, and it did work well within the game.... It's just the idea itself that was bad in the first place. They took the exploration out of Zelda, which is one of the aspects people loved about Zelda games. Obviously people would be disappointed from the idea itsels(I was as well), but like I said, everything in Skyward Sword was well made... It just had some wonky ideals(Casualizing the game for the Wii generation, getting rid of exploration, everything to do with Fi, a terrible beginning with way too many mandatory tutorials, The Imprisoned).
I really loved Skyward Sword, but it is really easy to see it's core flaws.
I really do hope all of these problems are being addressed in Zelda Wii U....
I just hope this delay isn't to casualize Zelda Wii U.......................................

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I just hope this delay isn't to casualize Zelda Wii U.......................................
I hope not. Getting rid of exploration in SS was one of the dumbest decisions they've made for it. If Zelda U is just as casual as SS, then I'm giving up any hope for the series to be relevant again.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I hope not. Getting rid of exploration in SS was one of the dumbest decisions they've made for it. If Zelda U is just as casual as SS, then I'm giving up any hope for the series to be relevant again.
Skyward Sword was not casual at all because of it's lack of exploration. It was because of the handholding in the game known as Fi(and that hideous tutorial sequence in the start of the game). Furthermore, for most of the enemies, combat was quite easy. Linearity was merely another direction they could have gone with, albeit a direction many Zelda fans dislike, yet the lack of exploration by no means made the game "casual".

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I believe having the mindset that Zelda Wii U's delay is for casualization purposes is going much too far. . . Nintendo would love for the Wii U to spontaneously combust in sales, and naturally so, but everyone knows that a casualization of Zelda isn't the way to do that. Hell, it'd seem more logical to me to make it more "hardcore" to attract gamers of other consoles rather than say, to maybe get non-gamers interested in playing or whatever, but that's neither here nor there (because I don't believe the delay is to casualize the game). . .

@ H Heroine of Winds - Would you happen to be the same person that I've seen active recently on ZU? I don't post there much at all, but I do my lurking and what-have-you, so I'm just curious is all.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Has anyone heard any juicy rumors about the game? I'll take some obviously fake "leaks" at this point. I don't have a 3DS, so it's been way too long since my last major Zelda adventure.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Has anyone heard any juicy rumors about the game? I'll take some obviously fake "leaks" at this point. I don't have a 3DS, so it's been way too long since my last major Zelda adventure.
On 4chan this guy who goes by the name "mmmmn" is answering questions about upcoming Nintendo games on Zelda U is one of them:

mmmmn said:
Ganondorf : Kind of
Ganon Yes
Impa : Kind of
Sheik : costume
Others : No
This was a response to a question that asked if certain character are in the game.
Others refers to Saira and Malon.

mmmmn said:
No they are NPCs in single player.
Response to the question as to whether Link's sister and Future Zelda will be playable in Single Player as well as Multiplayer.

mmmmn said:
They will show the plot and I will talk about that later.
Response to a question as to if Zelda U will be shown in the late September-October direct (which is what he said btw)

More story related stuff:
mmmmn said:
Ganondorf and Impa are from the future only in cutscene
Ganon is a boss
mmmmn said:
Link and his family can see the future.
The master sword is only in the future so Link will not use this sword in the game.
mmmmn said:
Look like a Brunette zelda tbh
(Talking about Link's sister)

mmmmn said:
Its simple
Its Zelda from the future to save Link
Because Link save Zelda but not himself
So Zelda came back to the past when Link was doing a Future Dream
He says he is from Canada which could explains the wonky english in these posts.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm very excited about the open world exploration! The Wii U LoZ looks awesome but it's taking so long to launch. Throw us a bone Nintendo, screenshots, a trailer, anything!

Top Bottom