• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Specific Jump Techs

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
Most Pit mainers know about the first method of regaining jumps. You upB, touch the floor with your feet, aerial, and then you have your jumps back.

There's now also a ledge specific method of regaining pit's jumps.
I can't really put up a video, so I'll try to be as specific on detailing how to test this out as possible.

Go to training mode and pick final destination. make Pit go to the right edge, but not so far as to have him dangling over it. In fact, move him a little back... Just a little. :D

The original jump limit from the ground is 4, and the jump limit while in the air or from a ledge is 3. To prove that the jumps are renewed, you'll have to jump 3 or 4 times in place from the ground. After the fourth jump, begin firing an arrow and hold it. As Pit falls to nearly the ground, direct forward and hold it, and Pit's body will begin to move forward slightly in the air. Pit's left foot should just touch the stage, and then Pit should slip off the stage. Release the arrow and you should have your jumps back.

This technique can be used for all of Pit's specials; WoI (the already known, Mirror Shield, Angel Ring and as the test showed (If i explained well enough) Palutena's Arrow.

Not groundbreaking but I hope this leads up to possible advances for Pit.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
i dont think this has been discovered but im not sure. nonetheless, good find and we pit mains appreciate it very much. thanks for the help and looking out for us!! i like bowser too!

edit: just tried this and it works... i mean it makes sense maybe i should have figured this out anyway. Anyway a pit could slide off teh ledge with this, shoot a loop and get back on the ledge after it hits the enemy. This can also be used on platforms in stages like battlefield and pkmn stadium 1. nice stuff

ps. same concept works with pit's mirror sheild, again not ground breaking, but may be useful at some point which makes it good to know

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
So basically jump, used arrows or MS touch the ground and fall off the ledge. How is this possibly useful when you still have to touch the ground? The good part about Wing refresh is you dont have to touch the ground, you use your time in WoI as your first jump. Giving you free mobility to chase anyone whos recovering high or low.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
sounds like the platform cancel...thing. I saw it in a samus video once, the guy was able to quickly fire off missiles by passing by the edge of a platform, brushing the very of edge of it to cancel the lag of the missile.

So basically jump, used arrows or MS touch the ground and fall off the ledge. How is this possibly useful when you still have to touch the ground?
edit: forget what I said here before.

here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8obqmOSaQk
he does it at 2:40 ish. I believe that's the same thing the op is talking about.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
This is similar to sliding off the stage with Mirror Shield, you do get the jumps back. Idk, i forgot what i was thinking about.

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
I'll admit that currently I can't think of any defining advantages to using any of the other specials in comparison to the WoI. But this was given out as an idea to help produce possibilities for Pit.

Also, from greatest movement due to pushing a direction to the lowest movement is in this order for his specials.
WoI
Mirror Shield
Angel Ring
Palutena's Arrow

Some of the possible things I can think of right now is..
1) hold the arrow, as your opponent's coming back from the stage drop off the ledge, shoot up and hit, then jump into aerial. If they're low you could possibly uair to stage spike on FD.
2) Not being able to predict just how high an enemy is coming back from. Drop down with mirror shield to block recovery moves like characters' upB's
3) Any means of pushing someone off a stage, jump into a ledge-sliding angel ring to gain some more distance, then mirror shield in the direction away from the stage while using your renewed jumps (usable from the ground too but this helps if you use aerial means to push them off the stage)
4) what kyuubi said. slide off the ledge, shoot the arrow right before you slide off, loop it and come back later.

I know they're not very good ideas, but the more you know about a character's small points, the better chance you'll be able to find something big later on. So if you really want to, feel free to call this useless.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
... This is great and all, but I don't see any use in it. This is too situational, and Wing Renewal is far more practical. Still is nice to know of it though.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
So basically jump, used arrows or MS touch the ground and fall off the ledge. How is this possibly useful when you still have to touch the ground? The good part about Wing refresh is you dont have to touch the ground, you use your time in WoI as your first jump. Giving you free mobility to chase anyone whos recovering high or low.
yup, what he said. Its very impractical at least as how i see it.

Top Bottom