• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge flip and Bouncing fish edge cancel video

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Man, this video took WAY longer than expected. Probably the last one I'll do before my exams (which are in a week...the horror...). But this shows off the ledge flip and the bouncing fish edge cancel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZYyPd-jloM

Feedback is always appreciated.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
Man, this video took WAY longer than expected. Probably the last one I'll do before my exams (which are in a week...the horror...). But this shows off the ledge flip and the bouncing fish edge cancel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZYyPd-jloM

Feedback is always appreciated.
You're awesome. Thanks to your vids ive been able to learn the other techs, and now im really looking forward to learn these!

Had a blast learning the chaingrab.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
From your Burst Nade Video:
I'm not sure if you can run off the ledge and throw [the grenade] out [...]
Now from this video
[...]causing Sheik to slide of the ledge whatsoever, allowing any aerial to be performed immediately after.
So since 1+1 is 3 and without further ado, well, take a look.

(Sorry big moving image, I'll replace it with the Link to it if it desctructs too much...)

Yes thats right. What I want to call the "Bouncing Fish Ledge Cancel Slide-Off Reverse Nade Cancel" Or short BFLCSORNCD (where the "D" stands for "Destruction" because you know. And I chose to rename the run-of to slide-of, cause thats what you do, and went with reverse because it's away from the stage, unlike with the normal RONC)

So yes, pretty simple actually, just wanted to point it out. Slide off and Side B, but watch out not to SD (I SD one out of two times atm). The name is more or less a joke, if you didn't notice tho.
Also, didn't know where exactly to post this, but I decided here cause this is the most recent thread. And I quoted you, so it makes sense, kinda. In addition, sorry if the quotes aren't 100% what you said, but the information is what counts. have Fun!

Jackson

Smash Lord
From your Burst Nade Video:

Now from this video

So since 1+1 is 3 and without further ado, well, take a look.

(Sorry big moving image, I'll replace it with the Link to it if it desctructs too much...)

Yes thats right. What I want to call the "Bouncing Fish Ledge Cancel Slide-Off Reverse Nade Cancel" Or short BFLCSORNCD (where the "D" stands for "Destruction" because you know. And I chose to rename the run-of to slide-of, cause thats what you do, and went with reverse because it's away from the stage, unlike with the normal RONC)

So yes, pretty simple actually, just wanted to point it out. Slide off and Side B, but watch out not to SD (I SD one out of two times atm). The name is more or less a joke, if you didn't notice tho.
Also, didn't know where exactly to post this, but I decided here cause this is the most recent thread. And I quoted you, so it makes sense, kinda. In addition, sorry if the quotes aren't 100% what you said, but the information is what counts. have Fun!
Woooow that looks so cool. And another fantastic video Tree, I will hyperlink in the AT thread.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
What I want to call the "Bouncing Fish Ledge Cancel Slide-Off Reverse Nade Cancel" Or short BFLCSORNCD (where the "D" stands for "Destruction" because you know.
This gave me a good laugh.

But that bouncing-fish to burst-grenade looks really cool. I really hope that Sheik starts looking crazy as we find more of this stuff.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
*sigh* this isn't a special technique that requires bouncing fish. You can do this w/o it.
All you are doing is ledge canceling a grenade after you cancel your bouncing fish.
Yes so what? Thats why I quoted the other Video as well, where he stated the ha doesn't know if you could throw the nade out an grab the ledge. And this confirms it. Additionally, it shows an application of what was shown in the Video. So I don't see whats wrong with posting this here.
So yes, pretty simple actually, just wanted to point it out.
I even said it myself, it's nothing special, and I just wanted to show it, because (at least form me) this was kinda new, and according to other people's reactions as well, they didn't know it was possible.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to do the run off the edge and bouncing fish back on to the stage technique but the bouncing fish moves away from the stage. Is there a jump or a direction pressed after running off the ledge that makes sheik bouncing fish back towards the stage?

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
I'm trying to do the run off the edge and bouncing fish back on to the stage technique but the bouncing fish moves away from the stage. Is there a jump or a direction pressed after running off the ledge that makes sheik bouncing fish back towards the stage?
After running off the stage, when you press down-b to initiate Bouncing fish, immediately after hold slightly towards the stage or platform you ran off. There's a small period of time after initiating Bouncing fish where if you hold either left or right, it will flip in that direction. For example, when I run off the left of the stage, I hold left to run off, down (and b) to use Bouncing fish, and then immediately move my circle pad slightly to the right, which, since I am holding a direction, means I will flip right. You'll get the hang of it with enough practice.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
After running off the stage, when you press down-b to initiate Bouncing fish, immediately after hold slightly towards the stage or platform you ran off. There's a small period of time after initiating Bouncing fish where if you hold either left or right, it will flip in that direction. For example, when I run off the left of the stage, I hold left to run off, down (and b) to use Bouncing fish, and then immediately move my circle pad slightly to the right, which, since I am holding a direction, means I will flip right. You'll get the hang of it with enough practice.
Thanks @ _Tree _Tree . I did a little bit of practicing and can consistently do it now. I had initially wanted to main pac-man but saw this bouncing fish tech and had to switch. Very good stuff!

Equalox

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1091-8179-8685
You can still do this, you just have to have a platform, and mostly used for two bf's in a row(so its totally different,but reasons). Im atwork right now so i cant post video or gif. But on battlefield if you run off a platform then reverse bf (make sure she goes into the cartwheel animation) then she can do another bf with little to no lag. It's not as fast as before but i thought it was neat.

Also im working on something i accidentally did in a few matches online. When performing vanish i got a huge boost of momentum as if i preformed a ledge canceled vanish (or what ever its called) or pushed by water, and this was near the center of the stage. If anyone wants to help test things let me know.

Equalox

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1091-8179-8685
Warning Received
You can still do this, you just have to have a platform, and mostly used for two bf's in a row(so its totally different,but reasons). Im atwork right now so i cant post video or gif. But on battlefield if you run off a platform then reverse bf (make sure she goes into the cartwheel animation) then she can do another bf with little to no lag. It's not as fast as before but i thought it was neat.

Also im working on something i accidentally did in a few matches online. When performing vanish i got a huge boost of momentum as if i preformed a ledge canceled vanish (or what ever its called) or pushed by water, and this was near the center of the stage. If anyone wants to help test things let me know.
Sorry, reverse bf onto the same platform. Sorry for the confusion

Top Bottom