• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Least favorite chars?

Out of all available chars, which ones are least favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Multiple choices possible. What are the chars you dislike really and expect not to use at all? and why? I saw a thread about the newcomers but I'm also curious what about the newcomers + veterans.

Mine are Meta Knight (never liked him in brawl + I dislike chars the more they are being used, so he's probably my least favorite), Yoshi (even though he was okay in brawl, I'm just so thrilled with almost every char I don't think i'll use yoshi at all), Diddy kong (guess my dislike for items goes as far as banana Shenanigans) and Lucario (not my style. Played him a while when brawl was just released but after, kind of totally ignored him)

Last edited:

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
It's nice a few people have already voted, but if no one says anything here the thread will get lost.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I feel like this thread is in danger of being locked due to possibly promoting anti campaigns.

That said I can't say I'd miss either Falco or Lucas if they weren't in.

Of who we got so far...I dunno; Marth? He never really appealed to me.

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Warning Received
!.:4lucina:
Lucina? Dear god no.
2.:4pacman:Like ham in PMW1/2 but not in PMW3/Smash
3.:4olimar:never liked him in brawl

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
4.:snake:(not my style. Played him a while when brawl was just released but after, kind of totally ignored him)

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I already casted my votes. but if we don't a get a fully evolved grass starter, count one more vote to Greninja. Without a grass starter, Greninja is random, out of place and makes no sense.
I voted for the Mii Fighters and Wii Fit Trainer. I can understand why the Mii Fighters are in the game, but I'll never accept Wii Fit Trainer. She's not even a character. She is just an eyeless, skinless, personless thing.
I forgot to vote for Toon Link. Just make normal Link a good character and call it a day. The five Zelda characters should be Link, Zelda, Impa, Ganondorf and Tingle.
(Heck, I'm surprised that everybody got a vote, even Mario.)

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I don't like Link, Villager, and WFT, but I just don't like Link and I think someone better could've replaced Villager and WFT I have no problems with the actual character. Also Toon Link because he should have a different moveset not be a clone.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Of the currently announced ones?

:rosalina::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4wiifit:

I dislike very gimmick heavy characters, so I can already say I'm not good friends with Rosalina, and Olimar of course fits under this too which is a bit of a shame as he's actually a cool little fella'. Add ICs here when they're eventually announced.
I dislike Palutena's personality and she doesn't really offer anything interesting in her moveset imo. Same for Pac-Man actually, his moveset looks bland and his personality consists entirely of winking at the screen.
And Wii Fit Trainer... eh. There's nothing special about her moveset, she's solely here to be a surprise as far as I can see.

Of course this is all mostly centered around my playstyle and my opinions, so I don't consider them bad additions at all, they're just not my thing.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I dislike :4zss: because she is blatant, overt fanservice and is a sorry excuse for both a second Metroid rep and a female character.

The Miis are another set of characters that I haven't grown fond of, because they have move sets that could have been used for more worthy newcomers, and moves that should have been customs for existing veterans (the side smash for Mii gunner should have been given to Samus!).

:4palutena: hasn't exactly been very interesting to meso far, which is probably because she has had by far the worst trailer out of all the newcomers. I can't really say much about her playstyle so far, so I might change my mind later on.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I don't like Rosalina (and Luma) because I think she looks like Peach but with long bangs. She looks like she plays well, but I'm a little bummed that a Peach look-alike made it on the roster.

Then Toon Link, for being a clone.

Then Lucario because I'm still bitter he replaced Mewtwo in Brawl.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I like everyone.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I just chose my least favorites in smash 4.

1. :4wiifit:: Only like 10 people in the world asked for her, does nothing in game but teach you yoga, and all-in-all a wasted slot. Plus, her moves are yoga moves which is pretty stupid, and I don't think I can master her.
2. :4luigi:: Could never master this guy. Not to mention, I never liked him in Mario since he was just a tag along.
3. :4lucario:: Besides the fact I don't really like Pokemon, I could never master this guy (dog?).

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I just chose my least favorites in smash 4.

1. :4wiifit:: Only like 10 people in the world asked for her, does nothing in game but teach you yoga, and all-in-all a wasted slot. Plus, her moves are yoga moves which is pretty stupid, and I don't think I can master her.
2. :4luigi:: Could never master this guy. Not to mention, I never liked him in Mario since he was just a tag along.
3. :4lucario:: Besides the fact I don't really like Pokemon, I could never master this guy (dog?).
"I could never master these characters. That makes them useless!":troll:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
You spelled "Palutena" wrong. Anyway,

:4palutena: - I think she'll be Sakurai's baby and she'll get drastically overpowered. I don't have problems with her being on the roster (she full well deserves it), I'm just not interested in her as a Smash Bros. character.

:4luigi: - I used to like Luigi, back when it was more of a joke that he's an "eternal understudy" than a painful truth (many casuals only like him out of pity these days). Because of his status as the perceived inferior sibling, Luigi gets overrated and overblown a lot. Aside from that, I hate how he plays in every game, having excellent aerials being neutered by poor movement on the ground and in the air (except in Melee, where wavedashing helps him a lot). I also don't like his voice much.

:4zelda: - I hate fighting Zelda, and I just don't like her feel. Her new down special looks cool though.

:rosalina: - Like Palutena (and everyone else on this list) she deserves her spot on the roster as a hugely popular and relevant Mario series character, but her moves look really boring and she seems to be a character that would rely on unorthodox strategies for damage and KOs. She also has Zelda's build, being a huge target but very light, which is never a good thing.

:4wiifit: - A surprise character to me honestly. She looks kind of boring.

:4pit: - I hated fighting Pit in Brawl, I hate his voice, and I hate how he feels as a Smash Bros. character.

:4peach: - As with Zelda and Pit I hate fighting her, and she never appealed to me much.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
The mii's by far. They do not need to have all these separate play styles and custom moves, it is a waste of dev time imo.

They also cannot be used online, which is just awful, it gives no incentive to want to play as them knowing that if i go online i cant use them

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
If we're solely going off how much I'll play them, Palutena, Lucario and Meta Knight would likely top the list. I feel that Palutena's moveset seems random, and Lucario's seems one half too weighty and one half too slippery. I don't really have an issue with the execution of Meta Knight's moveset or his general inclusion, I just don't play him well.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I don't really know what to do with this.

Is it based on who I specifically do not want to play as? There are easily more characters I won't play as regularly than I will play as, due to both the size of the roster and due to not liking every character's playstyle.

Is it based on who I don't like seeing on the roster at all? I'm pretty sure Sheik is currently the only character I don't feel is "worthy" of her spot (if such a classification exists), but I'm not exactly against the inclusion, either.

Is it just characters whom I don't think are very interesting to play as? Well, that's pretty much the same list as the first one and I don't feel like voting for 70% of the poll options.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Lucina REALLY rubs me the wrong way for being yet ANOTHER sword-wielding Fire Emblem character, and even more for being a clone of Marth.

ZSS bugs me because of the stupid "Now Metroid has two fighters, so stop wanting Ridley!" argument. At the end of the day, she's still Samus.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
-I'm not interested in:4greninja: at all. Of all the characters in Smash, he feels like the one who feels completely random and undeserving.

-I like :4palutena: in Uprising but I feel underwhelmed about her inclusion in Smash for some reason. Maybe its was her mediocre trailer that failed to excite me.

- :4zelda:is just a waste of what could potentially be an interesting magic based moveset. Doesn't help that I just find her more boring than most of the other characters (except when's she's Sheik/Tetra).

Last edited:

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Lucina REALLY rubs me the wrong way for being yet ANOTHER sword-wielding Fire Emblem character, and even more for being a clone of Marth.

ZSS bugs me because of the stupid "Now Metroid has two fighters, so stop wanting Ridley!" argument. At the end of the day, she's still Samus.
You do know that that Lucina used to be just a skin for Marth, but the devs decided to give her a spot on the roster just because it would take virtually no time to do so, right? Because I thought she was a little iffy at first, but now that it's been confirmed that she is basically 100% a bonus "why not?" character I'm totally cool with her.

I'm surprised people dislike WFT so much. I love her, and think she's hysterical. Bizarre characters like Game & Watch, R.O.B., and her are one of the big reasons I adore SSB. It's not just mountains of Mario and Zelda characters.

The three characters I'll probably play least of the people announced so far are:
:4pacman:,:4sonic:, and :4dedede:
I don't have any huge problems with the latter two being included, they just don't really fit my playstyle. I'm particularly meh about Pac-Man, though, since he doesn't seem to really fit in SSB. Loads of his moves are either just random punches and kicks or him just holding the ghosts out, which is pretty lame. The only really cool moves I've seen of his are the ones where he turns into his classic dot munching form. He probably deserves to get in anyway, just due to how incredibly famous he is, but I'm not exactly dying to play as him.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's not even close.

It's :4charizard:.

He keeps Rock Smash (a move that doesn't fit the character at all), he has 1 new fire move (and it's his coolest looking special move), and he now has freaking Shadow Claw as his forward air.

In Brawl :charizard: was wonky as hell with his design, and felt disjointed.

It seems instead of fixing :charizard: they went "meh, let's leave him as is" and made :4charizard:.

It's dumb because :4dk::4pit::4link::4bowser::4luigi::4sheik: and :4sonic: fixed TONS of issues in their past character designs in previous smash games, and yet, it appears :4charizard: has not.

It sucks because :4charizard: has so much potential.

:4charizard: should have several moves that utilize his unique dragon-esk flying movement and body (specifically the head, fire breath, tail, and SEISMIC TOSS EVERYTHING), and fire-based attacks.

But no, :4charizard:claws a lot with its' little T-Rex arms.

===

Every other character I think are a lot better built. I don't think it's even close comparing them to :4charizard: who the developers are soooo confident in that we've seen less of :4charizard: than every character that isn't :4metaknight:, who was revealed less than 48 hours ago.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
You do know that that Lucina used to be just a skin for Marth, but the devs decided to give her a spot on the roster just because it would take virtually no time to do so, right? Because I thought she was a little iffy at first, but now that it's been confirmed that she is basically 100% a bonus "why not?" character I'm totally cool with her.
I still don't like her for my reasons outlined above, bonus or not. Sue me.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's not even close.

It's :4charizard:.

He keeps Rock Smash (a move that doesn't fit the character at all), he has 1 new fire move (and it's his coolest looking special move), and he now has freaking Shadow Claw as his forward air.

In Brawl :charizard: was wonky as hell with his design, and felt disjointed.

It seems instead of fixing :charizard: they went "meh, let's leave him as is" and made :4charizard:.

It's dumb because :4dk::4pit::4link::4bowser::4luigi::4sheik: and :4sonic: fixed TONS of issues in their past character designs in previous smash games, and yet, it appears :4charizard: has not.

It sucks because :4charizard: has so much potential.

:4charizard: should have several moves that utilize his unique dragon-esk flying movement and body (specifically the head, fire breath, tail, and SEISMIC TOSS EVERYTHING), and fire-based attacks.

But no, :4charizard:claws a lot with its' little T-Rex arms.

===

Every other character I think are a lot better built. I don't think it's even close comparing them to :4charizard: who the developers are soooo confident in that we've seen less of :4charizard: than every character that isn't :4metaknight:, who was revealed less than 48 hours ago.
I'm pretty sure that Charizard's Forward Air is not Shadow Claw.
But, yeah, Rock Smash is weird.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm pretty sure that Charizard's Forward Air is not Shadow Claw.
But, yeah, Rock Smash is weird.

That new move (definitely the forward air) looks just like a bad combination of Bowser's Melee/Brawl forward air and Mewtwo's forward air (Shadow Claw).

That animation is so unfitting of :4charizard: it hurts. I mean, the thing where :4diddy: has extended arms at least makes sense, given his design and lanky arms.

:4charizard: doesn't have anything remotely like that.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

That new move (definitely the forward air) looks just like a bad combination of Bowser's Melee/Brawl forward air and Mewtwo's forward air (Shadow Claw).

That animation is so unfitting of :4charizard: it hurts. I mean, the thing where :4diddy: has extended arms at least makes sense, given his design and lanky arms.

:4charizard: doesn't have anything remotely like that.
That's just Slash, I don't see Shadows in that attack XD
Also, Charizard can learn Metal Claw in the Pokemon games, and Ash's Charizard knows Slash in the Anime.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
For me, it has to be:4fox:. :falco: and :wolf: too, if/when they get announced. The Spacies just never clicked for me; I'm not entirely sure why, I just don't find them fun to play as at all. Which is a shame because I really do like the Starfox series. I will give them another shot in Sm4sh and see if my opinion changed, but I'm not optimistic.

It also probably doesn't help that back in my melee days, I had a friend who insisted on only playing Final Destination with no items. You get three guesses on who he always picked. My hatred for Fox was probably cemented in those days.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's just Slash, I don't see Shadows in that attack XD
Also, Charizard can learn Metal Claw in the Pokemon games, and Ash's Charizard knows Slash in the Anime.

Again, I just don't think in Smash it fits his body composition.

His Project M forward air (the fire breath) was a much better option.

Wing Attack would also be a far superior option.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Still Toon Link and Miis. Nothing has changed.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Interesting to see. I did expect mii and WFT to be unwanted, but toon lin as well suprises me. I also didn't see rosalina coming.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
:4palutena: for me.

I'm not a huge fan of her character or design, plus her moveset looks boring in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom