• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends

Splice

Smash Hero
its easier to catch up with the metagame of games like LoL and DotA then it is with fighting games in my opinion. 2 tired to elaborate...

Splice

Smash Hero
yeah, natural concepts like awareness aren't really something you can fall behind the metagame in

And some of the most important fundamentals of these games are those such things

And it's more obvious what the counters and relationships between two characters are in these games

What's the blanket term for this genre of game anyway?
DotA-and-Variations? trolololol

Splice

Smash Hero
I have no interest in playing LoL frequently.
I only really enjoy watching vids and playing at Afros to see the difference in gameplay and bits of originality contrasting DotA and to see the different skill requirements needed (pretty much the same lol)

I don't like any char playstyles in LoL yet either, cept Cho'gath or whatever that thing.

Anyway long story short: Yeah I'll get Afropony involved he plays, he good. A lot of his friends play too and they play together often so they can fill in spots if no-one else in melb plays LoL. You should get Mango to be in it.

@Ant/DoMo: Thanks. I don't think MOBA is an amazing description but I'd settle for less, I guess.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
we can just face off in dota 2 once that comes. melbourne has heaps of hon/dota players in the smash scene but lacking with lol players

Remastered

Smash Lord
Once you learn character counters, the game is quite simple. The basics of the metagame fall mostly under crowd control, team builds and structures. The rest is just basic laning, spacing and zoning << nothing new here really.

Characters like Amumu, Anivia, Fiddlesticks and the like, do particularly well, simply because they can control the field and are effectively tier 1 champs and first bans. (Especially Amumu)

Getting good bans, and the right team structure is half the match to be completely honest. If you are out comped to begin with, you will need to fight an uphill battle for the rest of the match.

Will hopefully play a few games with SummonerAU, Rad and ZXV this week. Looking forward to playing a few more smashers if anyone else is keen?

Remastered

Smash Lord
If we can get 2 more people playing in QLD, we would have a pretty solid 5v5 team of smashers. Atm we can do 3v3, though would have to wait for you to level Arrow.

Otherwise Arrow, you could join my 5v5 once you get to lvl 30? Anver, who was playing the other night would be part of that team as well.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Remember that they don't have to be uber serious matches :D

Also, I wouldn't call amumu a top ban atm.
The issue with mumu is that he's a tank forced to jungle, who while having okay speeds, doesn't provide map control (he has a weak gank + so so dragon) and the jungle will not provide him with the farm needed to tank.

The current meta is really focussed on early game ganking (in terms of junglers), and while it is favourable towards Mumu that counter jungling isn't a main focus, he's generally considered a subpar jungle pick when you can grab GP (aoe ult, team wide steroid, strong ganks + speed), Udyr, Lee Sin or Nocturne.

Fiddle gets picked a bit, but IMO he's a lot stronger in solo queue than in arranged play.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
A match between States would be pretty fun to watch(even if it is LoL), it'd be better if it was HoN or Dota =P

Remastered

Smash Lord
Lee Sin is ridiculous. The matches I have played with a level 30 lee sin jungling are always tough. I play Rammus jungler as a secondary to ranged carry Kog.

Mumu's late game is too hard not to love, and it's where he shines harder than the likes of nocturne and other junglers. I agree that tanks forced to jungle does weaken your top lane viability, and that Lee Sin, Udyr, and Nocturne are all amazing (Top 3 Junglers per current tier lists, followed closely by trundle I think) but crowd control Amumu is just so hard to deal with, especially with ranged carries like Cait and Kog.

Has Vyse picked it up? I need his summoner name ASAP so I can teach him the ways of the LoL's hehe.

Remastered

Smash Lord
No, the lower the level and the higher your skill, means an easier match for your top player hehe.

I'll add Vyse and Rad tonight. Will have to have a 5v5 custom match tonight if possible too.

Rad

Smash Ace
If you didn't notice Nocturne, Nidalee, Annie, and Blitzcrank went on RP sale because of the Hallowe'en promotion.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yay for 5-6 match losing streak.

I hate being terrible at games, only thing to do now is to force myself to get better tomorrow. Derp

Still doesn't feel good though.

Splice

Smash Hero
determination to get better is good leisha

But if that's not enough to pull you through and the feeling of losing is getting to you

THEN THERE IS AN EASY FIX

you just gotta
Blame support for not doing support stuff like buying wards (support buys wards in LoL right?)
Blame junglers for not being there when you needed them
Blame your team for not being as good as you
Blame everyone

Congratulate yourself for carrying hard despite your poor team
They were so bad you still lost even though you were the best

And don't forget to blame everyone.

idk about LoL but thats what we do in DotA :)
werks good

Remastered

Smash Lord
I think the worst losing streak I have had has been 3 in a row, but I have never lost more than 4 out of 10. Team comp makes all the difference really. Played a match with Shaya for the first time yesterday, and had one of the worst possible team comps I think I have played in, and it showed.

But lagging and drops do cause a lot of issues too. The storms last night were doing all sorts of wierd things to my team, from complete drop outs to lagging and characters moonwalking. Fun times.

Edit: Getting really sick of playing the same 10ish characters in blind pick though. Draft pick will be all I play soon I think. If I play another Gangplank, Akali, Caitlyn, Lee Sin, Udyr, Graves, Singed or Nocturne again, I might give up playing.

Top Bottom