• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
And it also works on every skill that doesn't have a channel, like it'll work on Fiddle or Kennen ults but not on Nunu's or Karthus.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I use Zhonyas when I'm Qing in a team fight as Rumble.

If I was smart I'd Zhonyas on the my first Q so that I can overheat on my second Q to increase my DPS.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Another good tip is is to look up the champion your laning against on Lolwiki. It'll tell you their resource costs, base damages, but most importantly their cooldowns. Knowing CDs is a pretty big deal if you're an aggressive laner who likes to try and outplay the opponent for 1v1 kills. I gave first blood to a plat Rumble the other day because I misjudged the CD on his Q by 1 or 2 seconds, because I forgot it goes on CD immediately after the Q starts, whereas I thought I only went on CD after the Q ended. That lack of information on my behalf was the difference between me getting first blood as opposed to him.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Another good tip is is to look up the champion your laning against on Lolwiki. It'll tell you their resource costs, base damages, but most importantly their cooldowns. Knowing CDs is a pretty big deal if you're an aggressive laner who likes to try and outplay the opponent for 1v1 kills. I gave first blood to a plat Rumble the other day because I misjudged the CD on his Q by 1 or 2 seconds, because I forgot it goes on CD immediately after the Q starts, whereas I thought I only went on CD after the Q ended. That lack of information on my behalf was the difference between me getting first blood as opposed to him.
And here you are not believing for a single minute that I count ult timers. lol

late but whatever. I like it.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Wtf when did I ever say I didn't believe you? This is like the third thing you've made something up in this thread about me. Please stop randomly saying stuff that doesn't concern other people. It starts arguments and ruins the thread for everyone else.

On another note, I'd like to know what people think of Renekton's carry potential in soloq. He can obviously win his lane, but his scaling is poor and he doesn't strike me as the type who has any game-changing teamfight abilities like Malph ult or something.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well if her thing is being garbage then I agree, she's really good at it.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Janna's awesome, you just gotta believe that people are stupid enough to let you charge a medium impact spell for 5 seconds first.

Come on guys, you play fighting games, you know how easy mindgames are~

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why play Morgana and Q somebody when you could just go Janna and hit them with a Nado that was being charged in plain sight for 5 seconds right??!!!?

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
could easily give her an amazing quality of life/usability buff by allowing her to select the direction the nado goes in upon release. Would honestly make her so amazing though, my god.

Would turn Janna into the *flips shades* YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH~ type of character we all want.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Ur Crazy.
When the likes of Nunu was one of the best supports and all he did was exist outside of a random snowball every now and then, Janna nunu etc. were used quite a bit in S2.
Friendly reminder Nunu is still super viable with his 1:1 snowball ratio

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ur Crazy.
When the likes of Nunu was one of the best supports and all he did was exist outside of a random snowball every now and then, Janna nunu etc. were used quite a bit in S2.
Nunu was picked because Bloodboil on an ADC was broken as all hell and when he through out a snowball that showed down the enemy ADC, he pretty much said, my ADC >>>>> yours. It's wasn't because he just stood there, he had something in his kit that broke him as a support.

Janna is usually picked for what she does out of lane, sometimes in lane. In lane, she isn't doing much outside of stuffing out hard engagements. Out of lane, she is stuffing out a lot of people from jumping in while granting MS when she can.

Janna isn't picked for her laning, her laning has always been sub par as a support.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Real talk though, the support from my 5s team that i duo with and such a ton is a Janna main, and there is literally no reason to pick her when champs like Morg and Zyra exist. They both do exactly what she does just as good if not better, while also offering more like damage, initiate, poke, etc AND being a threat in lane. With how much ive played with Janna as basically every adc, i can tell you from experience that shes nothing special at all and honestly one of my least favorite supports to have.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Janna's just okay out of lane, but that's really only if you survive the laning phase, which she currently cannot do if you're playing someone who knows what they're doing.

Characters like Leona, Braum, Morg, Zyra, and Thresh are all better out of lane. It also helps that they are still really good in lane as well; better than Janna definitely. Janna would need a ton of buffs to be as good and versatile as those characters are.

And definitely no on that last part, Ryu. Janna used to be an annoying god of laning. Like Sona.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Nunu was picked because Bloodboil on an ADC was broken as all hell and when he through out a snowball that showed down the enemy ADC, he pretty much said, my ADC >>>>> yours. It's wasn't because he just stood there,
So ur saying Nunu wasn't just sitting there in a bush.
But sitting in a bush and pressing W on an AD?

Just like how Janna sat in a bush to press E on the AD while she W'd the AD to slow them like Nunu E for snowball but without the huge as slow?

Fascinating...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Janna is very fine against Thresh/Leona at least, during that period were they were far and beyond the best supports, reactive janna play would generally win (or at least keep things from going bad). TBQH, I don't mind Janna in lane that much, a thing or two could be a tad better; her capabilities outside of lane are just a joke though. Janna doesn't save carries like she used to, they just blink back in or they kill the carry before anyone can do anything and free blink out.

She was the safest support character in the game to ward with, but vision and all related mechanics have been continually "nerfed" since season 1. Her kit has too slow of a response time to deal with character team fight capabilities of the current game's power level. Stuff like her AD bonus being tied to the shield was one of those things that put her in line as the "high skill ceiling support" back 2-3 years ago, but is now so unnecessary (and overly detrimental, they aren't any such letdowns of ability usage when we have Lulu/Nami/etc get away with their cheesy support spells without drawback). Her "niche" was anti-aoe and she was the best at it (in a generally aoe dominated metagame), while being the best support too. Thresh' ult is everything Janna wants and basically used to have (oh except it lasts longer, does a lot of damage and actually restricts movement of an entire enemy team/etc), Botrk active ****s carries in a way that Janna cannot save them from.

Turn Janna into a god:
1. Auto attack range++ [let's get her back into a scenario she can harass enemy supports (and ADs) with AAs and her shield, so she can be a strong independent woman in lane again (with more consistency)]
2. Q shoots in the direction of your mouse at release. Way too much movement in this game at this point, it's too easy to get around Janna's only decent "save" spell.
3. Give back the single slow on her ult knockback. It doesn't need to be reoccurring. I'm just sick of her ult basically being superfluous when you knock someone back and they have their botrk slow on the carry anyway and just run/blink back in and do whatever the **** they want. The fact that it heals is dangerous and all, what if it was pseudo-master yi meditate (lower health = higher gains; those clutch ignite or other tick saves and stuff would make her feel a lot better). Maybe some number changes ensuring anything AP-ish doesn't go down the obnoxious path.
4. I mentioned the shield thing, but that really does turn her into a bot lane god (trust me, it does). You won't be losing level 6 engagements when your carry has 30-40 AD even after being burst. The thing I think I hate the most though is the requirement to max her shield to be useful in lane, there really isn't any other level path that feels good/works.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
You don't really need to max the shield first. Level 1 shield is still giving around 10 AD, which around those levels is enough to turn a duel in your favour.

As for charging nados up, I just did it in the bushes. I thought that's where everyone charged them.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Maxing Janna's Zephyr in lane would be good, if it weren't for the fact that lifesteal and/or sustain supports are just too good. She can poke pretty well with the slow and damage from zephyr plus some autoattacks with her shield up, but it's just not strong enough, it will get healed up once they finish vamp scepter (or i guess 2-3 doran's blades in this patch). Maxing W first can work, but generally I max her shield first nowadays. Tornado last basically always.
I've only tried Ardent Censer in one normal game where my adc kept getting blitz grabbed and feeding, so it's hard to tell how good the item really is on her. Making turrets attack faster is pretty sweet, and being the only champ that can shield turrets is pretty nice.

I never buy boots on Janna, and I also almost never die with her. So in essence it's like getting a free ~1k gold since you don't have to upgrade boots ^_^ you get plenty of movespeed with her passive+Zephyr, and Talisman.

I don't die in lane with Janna (unless adc is just too ******** to save) because tornados counter everything that isn't Black Shield. I almost never charge tornados at all because it's so impractical, I dunno what your complaint is because it's still a great spell even without charging. Also it's 3 seconds not 5. When enemy jungler ganks she's the best support (aside from maybe thresh with his broken lantern) at saving the marksman. When your jungler ganks she's actually not bad at helping out. Targeted slow, followed by an easy knockup, makes ganking pretty easy for your jungler.
tl;dr Janna is good at not dying in 2v2 or 2v3, and reasonably good (for a defensive support) at going aggro in 3v2.

In teamfights she's a god, I dunno what you guys are talking about. She's much better defensively than Thresh, wtf. Tornado is easy to use and prevents anybody from reaching their targets, and then as if that wasn't enough your ult does that again, plus more. If they try to run, Talisman+Zephyr is great.

If Janna got buffs she would be broken. DId you guys already forget she had a ~55% winrate and was among the highest picks for almost the entirety of season 3? I'm just speaking from experience, I got to Diamond with her, I had an 11-1 W/L at one point, and I don't even like supporting. She's like the perfect support for when you want to be lazy, and even without the laziness factor is just generally good.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Stop talking about Janna. :applejack:

Also Shaya, Maaaaaaaaaan said "**** you."

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Seems like a lot of people don't think Ardent Censer is that strong on Janna (or, anyone for that matter).

As for charging nados up, I just did it in the bushes. I thought that's where everyone charged them.
Except people can still see them in or out of bushes.

I think Janna is one of those champions I simply cannot win with.

I have like a 25% win ratio in season 3 with her.

Edit: I miss ward ***** janna. Mobis and 50 wards.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also Shaya, Maaaaaaaaaan said "**** you."
Who is he?

The 5 second thing was an exaggeration. Lightly charged tornados can feel good, but rarely feel remotely as good as Thresh's knockback. Tornado + W will slow down an initiator/back line diver for about a second. Her ult comes in as her only other way of doing something like that for 8 seconds, and in which case genuinely ruins what her ult is at least designed to be for in some capacity (healing) and I believe is way too weak as an anti-engage in general (seriously, it doesn't do **** against most champions who aren't S1).

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Only supports I have a positive win rate this season are Sona/Janna/Blitzcrank and I think Lulu.

Ardent Censer is godlike on Janna, 25% AS with an potentially super high AD buff is a potentially huge steroid.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
AP Janna's ult also heals for 1k-2k depending on how much AP you have.

AP Janna also ends up giving over 100 AD with her shield too, and will be faster than champs with tier 2 boots.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How do you guys not like getting mob boots and backing after every wave and getting back to wherever you need to be by the time the next wave comes along.

VROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That feel when youre in the loading screen for league and your entire screen freezes up completely so you have to restart your computer.

Then when you finally join the game youve missed 10 mins... But then you go 8/0/1 in the end anyway.

Shoutouts to Leona and Skarner for catching me up and getting me a double kill down bot at level 2 against two level 9s.

Caitlyn OP.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Why did it take 10 minutes? Is your computer really slow or was it problems with the game reconnecting? Those are the worst.
I've been getting blue screens every so often lately and it sucks. I might have fixed it by updating windows (which i haven't done in like a year :3) but I can't tell unless it bluescreens again.

Top Bottom