• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'd like to hear about and see Mr.R's MMs.

Awesome sig, Link and Ike Lover :awesome:

Yeah the Broncos got massacred. :urg: We suck royally.

Edit, what are the max pixel dimensions for a sig now? I might make another sig soon.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Sounds fun. Maybe I'll make a siggy of Linkoln. That's Link with top hat and beard for anyone who missed the original reference. I can't even remember what page of this thread it is on.

"0 score and 7 years ago, the fathers of this nation put me to sleep while everything became terrible so I could wake up today and fight the terribleness."

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
This Superbowl was less hype than the boring MK ditto Grand Finals at Apex...
I know right!!!
I'd like to hear about and see Mr.R's MMs.

Awesome sig, Link and Ike Lover :awesome:

Yeah the Broncos got massacred. :urg: We suck royally.

Edit, what are the max pixel dimensions for a sig now? I might make another sig soon.
Thx man! Why Broncos why did u lose!!!! The sea hawks made lots of interception.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Well the Sea Hawks had their game on and the Broncos herp a derp derp. I'm not really a football fan but it's nice when the home team wins.
...or doesn't get creamed 8-43.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
2-0 vs jbands marth
2-1 vs vinnies peach ( lost 1 set too )
2-0 vs shakys ness
2-0 vs tyrants ice climbers
2-1 vs tyrants snake
1-2 vs tyrants marth
2-1 and 2-0 vs keitaros diddy ( lost 1 set too )
3-2 vs vinnies zelda ( lost 1 set too )
2-3 vs seagull joe
2-3 vs mjg's diddy

Those are the ones I can think of atm, probably forgetting some

Rizen

Smash Legend
^That's awesome; great work :awesome:

There are a few high tier characters that I think Link has a surprising good MU vs. I mean he still looses but not as bad as many characters. IMO Link has a relatively good MU vs Diddy and ZSS because his style of moving and spamming and his anti-item game. The main problem I find in those MUs is the opponent is faster.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
2-0 vs jbands marth
2-1 vs vinnies peach ( lost 1 set too )
2-0 vs shakys ness
2-0 vs tyrants ice climbers
2-1 vs tyrants snake
1-2 vs tyrants marth
2-1 and 2-0 vs keitaros diddy ( lost 1 set too )
3-2 vs vinnies zelda ( lost 1 set too )
2-3 vs seagull joe
2-3 vs mjg's diddy

Those are the ones I can think of atm, probably forgetting some
You're a top Link player in my eyes, Ramin. :DDD

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
There are a few high tier characters that I think Link has a surprising good MU vs. I mean he still looses but not as bad as many characters. IMO Link has a relatively good MU vs Diddy and ZSS because his style of moving and spamming and his anti-item game. The main problem I find in those MUs is the opponent is faster.
There certain characters Link is better suited to fighting since we as Link mains have relatively good item control as players. The match ups Link gets destroyed in often are:
:falco:,:dedede:,:popo:,:rob:,:sheik: and :metaknight:
and in my experience and opinion Link fairs well against:
:bowser2:,:falcon:,:ganondorf:,:ivysaur:, and :jigglypuff:

everything else feels pretty winnable IMHO.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
There certain characters Link is better suited to fighting since we as Link mains have relatively good item control as players. The match ups Link gets destroyed in often are:
:falco:,:dedede:,:popo:,:rob:,:sheik: and :metaknight:
and in my experience and opinion Link fairs well against:
:bowser2:,:falcon:,:ganondorf:,:ivysaur:, and :jigglypuff:

everything else feels pretty winnable IMHO.
Take Dedede and Rob off the list and I fully agree with you.

Rizen

Smash Legend
IMO Link has a relatively good MU vs ROB at -1. Link has good tools to deal with ROB's zoning that a lot of characters lack.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Really? I feel like Link can't get in and can't get away at all from :rob: personally. It's D-tilt is really unhealthy up close, it's F-air is annoying, and it can zone pretty safely around most of Link's blind spots.

Maybe you guys know something I don't cuz I was pretty sure Link gets bodied Falco hard vs R.O.B.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Really? I feel like Link can't get in and can't get away at all from :rob: personally. It's D-tilt is really unhealthy up close, it's F-air is annoying, and it can zone pretty safely around most of Link's blind spots.

Maybe you guys know something I don't cuz I was pretty sure Link gets bodied Falco hard vs R.O.B.
I had a CO PRed ROB player play me before he switched to ZSS and some other regular uses ROB with Jiggz and ICs in my state but I have no replays at all. We're terrible about replays and my wii's not hacked (in retrospect I should have hacked it and saved more). So this is the best I have:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2togFKpAB94
SH/jump passive spacing and spamming with lots of Zairs is a great way to space ROB. Utilt is good if he's above Link. Have good SDI to escape his Fair pressure and counter with Zair. Stay near the ground but don't challenge ROB on the ground. Keep mid-range and make ROB try to come to Link. That's my advice.

Edit, Lucario gets more aura buffs because his recovery wasn't good enough already (;)) :
"Pic of the day. When Lucario shoots out Aura from its hands to fly with ExtremeSpeed, you can control its flight direction. If Lucario's Aura is fully charged, it can fly extremely far, so be careful not to accidentally launch out of the area."
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnijMGQ9A

Last edited:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Oooh oooh which one were you*

*Disclaimer: Your evil smashboards ex-girlfriend may or may not be the one forcing me to ask this question

Bomber7

Smash Hero

*Disclaimer: Your evil smashboards ex-girlfriend may or may not be the one forcing me to ask this question
I never got in. I was in the corner collecting venue fees when the video was being shot. Though my face is on my youtube channel. It's super old, back in the days when I played Pokemon Trainer. That's how OLD it is. It's so ancient that it makes the dinosaurs looks like an newly discovered species.

Also, my ex never was on smashboards, unless there's a hawt girl on smashboards who thinks she's my girlfriend.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink

Bomber7 is a girl. Wait what?!!!!!??????????? You are a boy?!
────────────────────░███░
───────────────────░█░░░█░
──────────────────░█░░░░░█░
─────────────────░█░░░░░█░
──────────░░░───░█░░░░░░█░
─────────░███░──░█░░░░░█░
───────░██░░░██░█░░░░░█░
──────░█░░█░░░░██░░░░░█░
────░██░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░
───░█░░░█░░░░░░░██░░░█░
──░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░█░
──░█░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░█░
──░█░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░█░
─░█░░░█░░░░██░░░░░░█░░█░
─░█░░░░█░░░░░██░░░█░░░█░
─░█░█░░░█░░░░░░███░░░░█░
░█░░░█░░░██░░░░░█░░░░░█░
░█░░░░█░░░░█████░░░░░█░
░█░░░░░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░
░█░█░░░░██░░░░█░░░░░█░
─░█░█░░░░░████░░░░██░
─░█░░█░░░░░░░█░░██░█░
──░█░░██░░░██░░█░░░█░
───░██░░███░░██░█░░█░
────░██░░░███░░░█░░░█░
──────░███░░░░░░█░░░█░
──────░█░░░░░░░░█░░░█░
──────░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
──────░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
──────░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
████──░█░████░░░░░░░░█░
█──█──████──████░░░░░█░
█──█──█──█──█──████████
█──█──████──█──█──────█
█──█──█──█────██──██──█
█──████──█──█──█──────█
█─────█──█──█──█──█████
███████──████──█──────█
──────████──██████████
Me or else u will die! LOL

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Great stuff Bomber! In my region 40 people is a good number; you had 70+!

Brrr, is cold these last few days. Currently 5f, feels like -6f. :( (notice blue face)

I can help my mom move on Friday and Saturday then I move on the 15th. I'll be glad when it's all over. Hopefully the weather will be warmer then.

I really hope the next Zelda looks significantly like the demo. That looks awesome :awesome:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
We had 100+ people actualy, and many thanks for the praise. It was definitely a work load trying to start and run the event being 2 hours late.

Also, good luck with moving stuff Rizen! :D

I'm also hoping for warmer weathero n the 15th, gotta run my event. :x

Scabe

Successful Businessman
There was a local tournament where I came first in Brawl, Melee and 2nd in Project M.

It's a shame to say that I didn't use Link for Brawl and instead used Diddy and King DDD.

I used a bit of Link in Project M though.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
There was a local tournament where I came first in Brawl, Melee and 2nd in Project M.

It's a shame to say that I didn't use Link for Brawl and instead used Diddy and King DDD.

I used a bit of Link in Project M though.
HERETIC, BE BURNED AT THE STAKE

Good job though :D How many people attended?

Also, I just started placement matches for Starcraft II and beat a Silver League player then a cheesy Diamond one. I am going to have terrible nightmares tonight of what machinelike human beings I will be put up against in my next placement match ;_;

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Competitive Starcraft? Bleghck. The apex of competition in games like that is actually just writing a computer program that plays the game with perfect timing. :p

Rizen

Smash Legend
TAS are great. Tool Assisted Speedruns, btw for those who aren't familiar. I like watching TAS of crazy games like Kaizo Mario mods:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv9k2L1OrtQ

Brrr it's -9 degrees F here. I still went out and jogged 1/3 a mile last night :)

I need to get things together. I have so many half finished stories and projects.

Good to see you post Scabe :)

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Always nice to hear from Scabe, and a rare treat to hear from the best Marth in Europe/Really underated Link user Mr.R.
@ Rizen Rizen Fair enough, I was really rusty then anyways, so I probably didn't handle the MU properly.

So as far as Link's boomerang in SSB4 I really hope they realize how amazing the SSB64 rang was and bring that back. I think PM:Link's arrows are almost good enough, I'd love to be able to aim them. And Link's bombs have always been good so maybe just allow Link to hit his bombs again to fix that.

I've always thought grounded Spin attack should be as short as it was in TP, a quick and powerful spiral slash that doesn't waste your time.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't really have anything new to talk about :/
It's -4f and I really don't want to go jog today. I wish I had milk here; I want some cereal but not dry.
The SSB4 pic of the day shows Rosaline doing some kind of flip kick which might be like Ganon/CF's Uair or maybe a special like Diddy's sideB kick.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/
E3's taking forever to come. Aside from Zelda and SSB4, I'd like to see more about a new Metroid and this game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWTJMyM4qg

edit,
I got some really good photos. I'll upload them soon, hopefully. I'm tired. When I'm tired I use 'I' way too much :/ Look at all those 'I's :facepalm:
I'm going to avoid unnecessary stress for a while.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I've stumbled upon more epic OSTs on youtube again. I'm listening to them now. They are incredible.

Top Bottom