• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Launcher bringing me to home screen.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Please, can someone just answer this?
I have a 4 GB SDHC card and I am running the Homebrew version. I recently used an 8GB SDHC and it worked fine, but after moving everything to a 4GB it does not work. Please do not tell me to use Gecko OS. I want to know what is wrong with my build and why it suddenly won't run. I have searched everywhere on the internet, and people have had the same problems, but none of them have yielded success, and frankly everyone who answers them either just tells you to use Gecko or plain ignores the problem. I have:
Used every possible control scheme on the Launcher.
Redownloaded the Homebrew version and replaced the mu_menumain, sc_selchr, info.pac, and strm files/folders so as to keep my custom songs/layouts.

Is this a problem with the launcher or the data itself? I have replaced both.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Oh my god, can someone please just answer me? Someone has to have an answer. This is ****ing ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

adklfalkdjfoiU(IDSjfaldkfadf

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

adlkfjaodkjsfadsf

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Have you made sure that the disc is in the Wii???

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
The disc was definitely in the Wii, and I'm using an SD. It works with Gecko on a 2GB, but I need a 4GB for the extra data. It seems the launcher just randomly stops working, and I don't know why. Thank you for answering.

D

Deleted member

adlkfalkdfadf

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Except using Homebrew you can use any size limit, and that's what I use. I used to use an 8GB

D

Deleted member

paakldfjkladf

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
No, you don't understand. I've been using an 8gb one since i got PM and it worked. Same on 4gb, and 2gb. Then it just stopped working for no reason, out of nowhere.

Narpas_sword

It's probably Project M's fault then. They might have not added larger SD card support yet. Has Project M worked before on a larger SD card?
The brawl smash stack exploit can only use an SD card (not sdhc) which are typically 2gb and under.

Smash stack is what is known as the 'hackless' the method.

Otherwise the wii can read sdhc. It's brawl that can't.

It's not something we add or change. It's a limitation that we have no control over.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
The brawl smash stack exploit can only use an SD card (not sdhc) which are typically 2gb and under.

Smash stack is what is known as the 'hackless' the method.

Otherwise the wii can read sdhc. It's brawl that can't.

It's not something we add or change. It's a limitation that we have no control over.
Well like I said, it was working with an 8gb SDHC card before, and then it suddenly stopped working. Why?

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Yes, it does now after redownloading it again, two times. It just does that randomly.
I think my 4gb was corrupted but after copy/pasting the files to 2gb it did the same thing. Maybe a bug?

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
Well, I'm just running it on a Wii U. The only things I have on the SD card I use is Project M and an Aspect Ratio app to fix the Wii U's aspect ratio bug with homebrew. What could be causing it?

Top Bottom