• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LAST Smashfest Wed Aug 26th - The Vro Zone [MELEE]

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
matt r thinks of the best tourney names...they gotta be gangsta

BAAK (bring an AK)
foghorn leghorn 5
u mad! (overused but i think it would be funny)

ending with random numbers is the best, then people think your tournament is established and legit

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i'd just like to address something that has come to mind in light of meneks post

a host taking a cut of venue fee for himself is generally frowned upon i guess

but considering the extreme lack of tournaments within the entire mw, i would like to say that i fully support anybody who does this, as long as the venue fee remains reasonable

if youre renting a place out and need a $5 venue fee to cover it, dont charge an extra $5 for yourself

but if youre having it at your house or someplace for free or can easily cover it, i, along with im sure many other people, wouldnt mind a $5 venue fee going directly to the TO, even if they dont buy snacks, if it meant there was at least one tournament in the entire mw planned before pound 4

so if youre considering having one at your place but dont know if you want the hassle, go for it and charge everyone $5

Meneks

Smash Lord
Just to clarify I was joking about that tourney name..
Don't really want to make it seem like i'm money hungry lol.
But yeah I wouldn't mind if a TO charged 5 bucks for an entry fee and some of the money went to himself.
Not really a big deal in my opinion..

john!

Smash Hero
Kochiha Kadabra? Cuz Kadabra's a Pokemon and you like Pokemon...?

Why is this a group effort lol. Nobody's gonna judge you by the name of your tourney. Loud Noises was fine if you ask me...

Top Bottom