• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last Smash Game

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
On a poster in the window of my local Gamestop, it said a brawl to end it all. What do you think that means?

1) It's the last Smash
2) They're planning on it being the last Smash, but might make another one
3) It's just a catchy saying that doesn't mean anything
4) It has something to do with SSE
5) It's the last brawl, kinda like no Melee no.2, so no brawl no.2

Discuss, but no TROLLING or FLAMMING!

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
Probably 3); what would gamestop know about whether or not this is the last Smash game? It's a pretty catchy saying too.

"A Brawl to end all"

It just rolls off the tongue.

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
Probably doesn't have any intentions.

Though, I, myself, believe it will most likely be the last one, if not Sakurai's last.

ShadeofDante

Smash Cadet
It's just a phrase used to create the sense of "excitement." Although I do imagine Sakurai not doing another Smash game, after seeing the amount of stuff in the game. Granted, that doesn't mean the end of Smash, after all, since when has Nintendo let a series die? Take Metroid, the original creator isn't even living anymore and they're still making games to this day.

They'll just go on without Mr. Sakurai.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280

If they're going to end the SSB franchise, they might as well just take 4 billion yen and light it on fire.

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
Probably 3); what would gamestop know about whether or not this is the last Smash game? It's a pretty catchy saying too.

"A Brawl to end all"

It just rolls off the tongue.
But nintendo probably designed it, so gamestop wouldn't have to know if it was the last.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
NOPE, It definately means this is the LAST SMASH! YUP that poster is FOR SURE that this is the last Smash brothers. Sorry guys but that Poster on the wall knows the future.

Good I thing that poster at Gamestop told me that this is last Smash Bros. or else I would be waiting for another one.

Novus

Smash Apprentice
You know.

The original World War was supposed to be the war to end them all.

Its a saying people. "An ___ to end them all!" Simply means the greatest yet.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Like many have said, it is most definatly 3, but Sakurai isn't probably gonna make another one. still there is probably a 60percent chance of the series continuing.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
NOPE, It definately means this is the LAST SMASH! YUP that poster is FOR SURE that this is the last Smash brothers. Sorry guys but that Poster on the wall knows the future.

Good I thing that poster at Gamestop told me that this is last Smash Bros. or else I would be waiting for another one.
I concur. Why would the poster lie? I mean, what sick, uninformed psycho would trick me into a catchy phrase that increases sales if its not true. There is no way another is ever going to be made. EVER.

EDIT: /sarcasm In case no one noticed...

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
I don't think there'll be another Smash, but what about fighting games with Ninty all-stars made by companies like Intellegence Systems, Nintendo itself, even 3rd parties (Like the Sega Soccer Slam/Mario Strikers company)? Sakurai isn't making Smash anymore, so we'll just wait and see, and maybe there could be Smash Spin-offs.

*coughSmashRacing=Pcough*

Mess

Smash Cadet
We'll have another smash game, we just won't know anything about it until later. The next nintendo console will probably have one (maybe even a DS one?). But yeah, patience is key.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
But nintendo probably designed it, so gamestop wouldn't have to know if it was the last.
I doubt Nintendo would have designed it, otherwise you would hear it on commercials and the like (which could possibly still happen). But most likely Gamestop just made it up, and stuck it on a poster.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Like many have said, it is most definatly 3, but Sakurai isn't probably gonna make another one. still there is probably a 60percent chance of the series continuing.
This quote proves that 73% of statistics are made up on the spot.

/sarcasm

J18

Smash Journeyman
i don't think it pertains to anything, just a catchy phrase. although i personally think this is gonna be the last one.

Top Bottom