• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last character you would want to main PM edition

StKo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-7897-1226
Random. It's the worst
But seriously probably Diddy or Zero Suit. If I ever end up with those two I just die

Pika_thunder

Smash Apprentice
Zero suit or Olimar.

Played these 2 characters in brawl, loved them. They feel really awful to me in P:M

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Not digging ivysaur at the moment, preferred the ivysaur from brawl/brawl+, can't find a good time for synthesis but that's just me. Maybe I should watch some vids but at this point she would be the one I would never main.

SvenFletcher

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2165-7173-1188
I cannot play Jiggs to save my life.
In fact, I'm terrible with pretty much every top-tier character in Melee. Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, and Jiggs are all characters I can't gitgud as.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
hmm.... I would have to say, Metaknight, sonic, toon link, ice climbers. None of them are bad, it's just none of their play styles interest me.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
There's a bunch of characters I wouldn't touch unless there was a gun pointed at me, but I think the #1 spot is a three way tie between Snake, Squirtle, and Zelda.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mained Olimar in Brawl, and something just feels wrong in PM with him. It's weird. He's...clunky now.

That said, on topic, Jigglypuff. Nothing about her playstyle interests me, and I still don't find her very deserving of a spot in Smash. I know the reasons, I just disagree. That, and she's not my favorite Pokemon at all. I've never met a single person that felt differently than I, and she's overall very forgettable.

More power to her mains, though.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
I would probably hate to main Olimar. He simply doesn't really have anything going for him other than his reputation in Brawl. He My second choice would be Jiggilypuff. She feels like an uninteresting character to play and her significantly worse matchups in P:M don't help her.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Olimar, as many people stated he doesn't feel like he belong in Project M. Next is IC because of just of how annoying they are to control as a do, I tried Sopo but his recovery is bad.

I mained Olimar in Brawl, and something just feels wrong in PM with him. It's weird. He's...clunky now.

That said, on topic, Jigglypuff. Nothing about her playstyle interests me, and I still don't find her very deserving of a spot in Smash. I know the reasons, I just disagree. That, and she's not my favorite Pokemon at all. I've never met a single person that felt differently than I, and she's overall very forgettable.

More power to her mains, though.
I actually feel that she does deserve her spot in Smash Bros, and she is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, someone even made me a bookmark of Jigglypuff.

burntfish44

Smash Cadet
Jiggly, cuz her playstyle is so weird and non-mine
Wario, cuz ive always hated him as a character
Yoshi, because yoshi. Though i would play him for the lolz of trolling with b and up b spam

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Probably either Olimar or Mewtwo, they both just feel so weird compared to the rest of the cast.

TPW_ThatOneGuy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jerry-ThatOneGuy
3DS FC
3239-4044-4959
Ganondorf.
Being stronger doesn't make up for the fact that he has horrible recovery, and that he's a C. Falcon clone.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
P:M Snake is cool, but his Brawl avatar made me hate him so excessively I swore never to even play any Metal Gear game.
What did you hate about him in Brawl? His appearance is the same as MGS2. Also, you're missing out because Metal Gear is an amazing series, and you don't even play as Solid Snake on half of the games in the main canon. Soon to be more than half when MGS5 comes out.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
What did you hate about him in Brawl? His appearance is the same as MGS2. Also, you're missing out because Metal Gear is an amazing series, and you don't even play as Solid Snake on half of the games in the main canon. Soon to be more than half when MGS5 comes out.
Grenades. All day, every day, every week of every month forever. That, + Nikita, +Up Tilt, +Insane survivability (even by Brawl's standards), +Nades, +Did I mention the goddamned Nikita? Exhaustively campy b*st**d with an autopilot edgeguard tool and stage control on top of his excessive camp and never dying shenanigans. Sigh. It got to a point where I refused to play him and would just quit out if a friend picked him. I don't care if the matchup chart says it's even. Playing Ike v/s Snake is so unfun that I won't even bother.

In P:M, of course, the character was turned into a veritable chessmaster with a very focused kit that is a lot of fun to watch and takes immense skill to use. Ike also enjoys the matchup a lot more; it's actually FUN fighting Snake, which is not something I ever thought I'd say. I still have far too bitter a taste left in my mouth from his Brawl incarnation, however.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Oh well, Pika destroys Snake in Brawl, so he never really bothered me that much.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
:fox::falco::wolf: - I don't play technically enough to really love these characters as much as the pros do. Plus I hate their falling speed.
:bowser2: - He's so ****ing slow, even if he's a powerhouse. It doesn't work for me. I can play Dedede cuz his range makes up for it.
:ganondorf: - Every time I play him I just want to be :falcon:.
:diddy: - Can't pinpoint why, I just don't like his moveset.
:samus2: - Too slow and dependent on wavedashing (:luigi2: also applies but I can play him at least decently because he's a semi-clone of Mario.)
:metaknight: - His brokenness irritated me so much in vBrawl, the hate carried over. Also if he had a more Kirby inspired moveset, I'd take it over the boring slash-fest moveset he has now.
:toonlink: - I don't want to torture people with the pain I go through when fighting him. I know him well enough to be able to main him but he's so ****ing irritating to fight, especially with his voice.
:olimar: - BOOOORING.
:zeldamelee: - UUUUUGGGHHHHHH. She is probably the most boring character I have ever played in Smash. Good thing I don't like her that much as a character.

I know I'm calling characters boring and uninteresting as a :039: main/secondary (don't know what to consider her) but eh... hypocrisy ftw.

I haven't experimented enough with :zerosuitsamus::sheik::ivysaur::charizard::squirtle::pit: yet to judge. Everyone else I can play decently and could potentially main.

Meaning that I could probably main :falconmelee::dkmelee::snake::dedede::popo::wario::ike::rob::pikachu2::lucario::kirby2::lucas::ness::link2::yoshi2::jigglypuff::peach::gw::roymelee::mewtwomelee: and :luigimelee: if I wanted to.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
:metaknight: - His brokenness irritated me so much in vBrawl, the hate carried over. Also if he had a more Kirby inspired moveset, I'd take it over the boring slash-fest moveset he has now.
MK in Kirby is just like a slightly better version of Kirby's sword power. I'd say his moveset is pretty faithful to Kirby in that sense.

Iron Jawbone

Servant of Malroth
--I was going to rant about :olimar:, but it seems everyone has already said what I was going to say, including how I loved him in Brawl.
--:wario: also feels really weird from what he was, but mostly things seem either too meh (FSmash) or too good (SB).
--Like Olimar, :squirtle: feels off as a PT main, but I have no reason to really play with him as I have Charizard and Ivysaur now.
--Andalsoandy said it best about :metaknight:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
MK in Kirby is just like a slightly better version of Kirby's sword power. I'd say his moveset is pretty faithful to Kirby in that sense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biPv2FIGUic
This is geared a little more toward I meant. Not saying the old moveset is unfaithful, there's just a lot more that could have been added (D-air was a step in the right direction.)

He has a lot of moves from vBrawl that seem like placeholders for cooler and more inspired attacks.

Of course that's me being a hypocrite again because I'm a :warioc: main.

Also, watch yourself:
Picture 4 2.png

:troll:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Zelda because she's fugly and can't sPeL AGgrESVie.

nessmaster1

Smash Cadet
Fox or Falco. They are OP and losers knuckle draggers play them.

Last edited:

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
MAN, so much olimar hate. I never played him in Brawl so maybe that's why I don't have that big an issue with him.

Don't want to play Foxco because this isn't melee, and Ness, 'cuz thunderjacket tricks are gone :c

EDIT: Eh Ness magnet tricks make up for it

Last edited:
Top Bottom