• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lasering question! (Through platforms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
^ wouldn't kill you to refer to what you mean. It's called ISAI dropping. you just tilt forward on the left stick right after you land your laser, and the tilting forward makes you walk very slightly which cancels the fact that you can;t drop through and laser right away. Lol, just read the sticky. I suck at explaining.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
asdijf;lkh can we get the sticky renamed something like

"how to laser through platforms"

and then make the first post really good?

PKSTkimo

Smash Cadet
ty guys xD

And sorry about this, i didn't know it was called ISAI drop x.x

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
not your fault, it's ust one of those questions that we get from new players all the time, so it's annoying on our end. we set up a sticky for it a couple weeks ago and im just frustrated that it's not working haha. to be fair, some of the responsibility is on your end to have at least looked through the stickies, but the sticky should also have a more illuminating name.

Michael_BluFalco

Smash Journeyman
the way i do it is just hit the stick at a 45" angle and it drops, but the timing is somethin u gotta learn urself & once u get the timing then gg i suggest u not learn isai drop cuz its hard if ur concentrating on taking a step then droppin

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
the way i do it is just hit the stick at a 45" angle and it drops, but the timing is somethin u gotta learn urself & once u get the timing then gg i suggest u not learn isai drop cuz its hard if ur concentrating on taking a step then droppin
what? isai dropping is absurdly easy. you just start holding a direction when you're about to land, which sets you in the walking animation in that direction immediately upon landing (in almost all situations you'll have plenty of time to do this, so the timing's easy) and then when you land you just hit down any frame after like, the 2nd or whatever after you land.

yes it takes some practice but it's a pretty easy technique once you're used to it. easier than a lot of falco stuff.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
no lol, it needs a different name. anyone who's wanting to do it wouldn't know to call it something completely irrelevant to lasering but actually an old school pro's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom