• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Cruces Game Convention 2013 - April 5th, 2013 - Las Cruces, NM

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005

In The 3rd Annual

Fri/Sat April 5th and 6th, Las Cruces, NM
IT'S A 2 DAY EVENT!​

that's a little animation I made from the greatest comeback in Melee History.

VENUE:Meerscheidt recreation center, 1600 E Hadley Ave. Las Cruces, NM 88001. (575) 541-2563
[/CENTER]

---------VENUE SCHEDULE---------
Friday, April, 5th
Venue opens at 3:00PM
Venue closes at 10:00PM

Saturday, April, 6th
Venue opens at 10:00AM
Venue closes at 10:00PM

---------Games tourneys Expected to be played besides smash-------
KOF XIII = 360
Street Fighter X Tekken = PS3/360
Super Street Fighter 4: AE = PS3/360
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 = 360
Tatsunoko vs Capcom = Wii
Rock Band = 360/Wii/PS3
Halo 4 = 360
CoD: Black Ops 2 = 360/PS3

+ Many more

-----------Games for Friendlies/Fun without tourneys-----------
Samurai Shodown 2
Primal Rage
Killer Instinct
(more to be added)

internet/stream:
USTREAM Channel
It will be recorded and shown live. Specially the finals, If there's too many people and we have to hold preliminaries, then the preliminaries won't be recorded/livestreamed.

local housing:
Days Inn will give you a great discount for mentioning LCGC 2013. Let them know!

EQUIPMENT discounts

Discounts for bringing setups consists of the following:
$5 off your badge price if you bring a full set up
consisting of a TV, A System, and a Game
The system does include controllers, at least 1 more besides your own.

Let me know as soon as you know for sure you're bringing a set up, so I can add it to the list

RULES:
MRB Official Rules apply
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257229
Double Elimination
B.Y.O.C - Bring Your Own Controller

PRICES:
$10 Badge fee per day.
$5 per tournament per person entrance fee.
(which means, for teams, each person pays $5.)

PRIZES/PAYOUTS:
our goal is to lock at least a 300 dollar pot gold bonus.

Singles:
1-19 = 80 / 20
20 - 39 = 60 / 30 / 10
40 - 79 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Doubles (# of Teams):
1-9 = 80 / 20
10 - 19 = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

sponsors:
Batteries Plus + Confirmed

Fox's Pizza Den - Confirmed
(more to be added)

crews:
let me know if your team is coming to compete, help, organize, etc.

pre-registration:
$20 Registration for Both Days
and I will give you a confirming email receipt that must be printed out and brought to the day of the event.

Housing / Hotels:
•Sleep Inn (approx. 0.7 miles)
•Comfort Suites (approx. 0.8 miles)
•Plaza Suites (approx. 1.1 miles)
•Ramada Palms (approx. 1.2 miles)
•Comfort Inn (approx. 1.3 miles)
•Motel 6 (approx. 1.4 miles)
•Super 8 (approx. 1.4 miles)
•Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites (approx. 1.4 miles)
•Quality Inn (approx. 1.7 miles)
•Hilton Garden Inn (approx. 1.7 miles)

we will try and do our best to find housing with local smashers in case you do not want to pay for the hotel. I know money can be tight, so i will find out who is available for housing in the local area.

What's So Special About This Tourney?

A little about myself first...
I am RPGfan, I am the president of "Game Knights" the most respected organization in the southwest. I have hosted tournaments from far and wide, from the east to the west coast. Helping multiple events and conventions have a successful gaming section. This is our baby, Las Cruces Game Convention is where we bring the best gaming the southwest has to offer. Both casual and hardcore.

The Las Cruces Game Convention (LCGC), is an annual event held by the Las Cruces Game Knights, a local video game club. Once a year, gamers from all around compete in high level tournaments while still enjoying themselves with an abundance of free play games. Gamers of all skill levels and genres are welcome and sure to have a memorable time at the LCGC! There is also cosplay contests, food, raffles, trading card games, anime, and small, fun tournaments. The LCGC is a non-profit event with 100% of the proceeds going towards the club, charities and local artists. Come get your game on, and bring serious gaming back!

question my dependability/notability/elegibility?
click here!
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Smasher:RPGfan

S21urcle

Smash Rookie
I'm from El Paso actually so fairly close by. I'll be bringing along my roommate too as we both play smash for like two to three hours a day, though it's usually like 80% Project: M, 20% Melee.

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
I started playing Project M not too long ago, it was immediately amazing for me to go back to my technicality from Melee, got wrecked by an unbalanced, over powered Zelda and so I stopped. But I am definitely picking it back up for the con.

S21urcle

Smash Rookie
Haha it was her blue diamond attack that annoyed you no? I felt the same way but it's easy to bait. As for her aerials they're pretty strong so I usually have to respect her space when in front or behind her.

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
funny you say that, cause my falco is usually trying to get in from the front or the back with shield pressuring and nairs, it only worked sometimes when I came from above with a dair. Then if she guessed my timing, she could bair or fair me with her deadly heels.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
How many LC people are actually going to be here? Also, if there are like 20 people, are you really going to spread the tourney out over two days?

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
@greenblattsam: It is a just in case anyone needs a controller, we do say BYOC, but you'd be surprised.

@wraight55: So far we have a 100+ people confirmed, not for the smash tourney. but con attendees, no tourney pre-registerees yet. And so far, no, the tournament will be on saturday, end on saturday.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the quick response. How many people down in LC consistently play smash besides yourself? I'm just wondering if you have a ballpark on how many smashers will be there.

Top Bottom