• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Landing Options with Dk

D

Deleted member

can some one give me to on how to land with dk when pressured in the air. Back kick is a good option. But if a opponent shields and grabs it starts all over agian. I do go for the ledge alot but sometimes its not always a nearby. Are there strategies you guys use. Even a second option will help me mind games opponents. Thanks DK Team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hameed Ziabari

Smash Cadet
What stage? If FD you're kind of screwed. On battlefield it isnt that bad. Im pretty sure DK up-b has invincibility on the ground, dont know about the air. Air Dodge is good if you dont spam it. If only we had PM nair...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Im pretty sure DK up-b has invincibility on the ground, dont know about the air.
Startup invuln in the air, heavy armor for the duration grounded. Arms intangible for both, though the disjoint is larger airborne due to them being fully outstretched.

D

Deleted member

Ok that's good but what about when you land how do you guys get over that huge landing lag

Last edited by a moderator:

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
I feel like you just have to mix up your landings, like for example you're falling to the right and your opponent is on the ground running right then you move to the left in the air and right when you touch the ground shield or spot dodge or roll. There arent too many safe options for DK tbh.

Yong Dekonk

Smash Apprentice
I have found that because of the reduced back air duration since brawl it is best to just land. Don't try to be to counter your opponents juggling attempts as more often than not you will just rack up more damage. DK is not a character who is at an advantage when he's above his opponent. If you start to get juggled be patient and avoid your opponent until you land.

Tujex

Smash Ace
None of these are actually extremely safe, and are situational, but against extremely aggressive opponents I throw out, Fairs and Dairs if I can out prioritize them. Fair has tremendous range, but both are highly punishable so I'd only recommend it as a last resort. If your opponent is getting comfortable shield grabbing your attempts start landing or descending with sideB. That shield will break more than likely and they'll start backing off on pressuring you because of it.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
As a mix up you can also fake a landing in front of your opponent (they may expect a poorly spaced b-air), but then cross up behind their shield into a well spaced, retreating n-air. This can trip them up, and if the n-air connects it spaces well into a d-tilt or other follow ups.

Since the priority of n-air has been improved, I can't stress enough how much better it is as a landing option.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If you want to be a cheezelord you can go for a yolo stubborn headbutt to SA through their option. Of course they have to commit to an attack otherwise it's super punishable.

D

Deleted member

Thanks so much guys for all you advice. And a personal thank you to you will for commenting. Your DK is my inspiration to me and one of the reason I still main DK post Brawl. Thanks

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
The only safe way to land with an attack is to space it so that you are as far away from them as possible when you land. Landing behind them is also a plus since they will have to shield drop and turn around before they can grab you.

If their shield is slightly damaged, you can go for a shield break with Side B. It does like 80+% of a shield's hp in shield damage. If you miscalculate how healthy their shield is or if they powershield/dodge it, they will punish you for free though.

Another thing that may be useful is footstool jumping. Even if you have no double jump, if they just sit in shield you can just footstool jump away to safety.

Fast falling at the right time and empty landings into grab/dodges can also help. The less predictable you are, the better your chances will be.

Gloman600

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gloman600
DK is a good character in this game only problems I have with him are dealing with his terrible landing options its already easy to juggle him but getting back on the stage is difficult...HELP

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
DK is a good character in this game only problems I have with him are dealing with his terrible landing options its already easy to juggle him but getting back on the stage is difficult...HELP
Welcome to Smashboards. I moved your post here because there was already a thread about this. It is more helpful for everyone if you search for existing threads before making duplicate threads.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
What I do when I'm juggled and have no way of landing is, I try to get to the edge of the stage and ledge-grab my way back. This is only a last resort thing for me though, so try to fake them out as much as you can.

Down B Wave-bouncing/B reversing helps a ton too, and if all else fails, down air them if they get too aggressive, they never see it coming!

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I've learned to bait my opponents into shielding then headbutting their shield. Shield breaker!

Top Bottom