• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lag comparison between local and online?

jackpot_

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1593-6120
Haven't had a chance to play local against any of my buddies yet, so we've been playing online up until now.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH. the LAG.

Just wanted to ask people who have had a chance to play local: Is the connection clean like single player, or kinda poor like online?

Rivinhal

Smash Rookie
I personally haven't experienced any truly notable lag while playing local. The difference between local and online play so far has been like night and day for me, but perhaps I've just been getting bad match-ups that are too far away... Who knows. But in my experience so far Local play is much much better than online.

Spirst

It's directly player to player so it's dependent upon the connections of those involved. One bad one will drag it down. So far though, I haven't gotten much bad lag.

Top Bottom