• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L cancel practice?

OHIYO

Smash Rookie
So I usually practice my l cancels by just hammering them out in training but was wondering if anyone had any tips on better ways of practicing? Specifically with Fox and/or Marth?

MistFist

Smash Cadet
go to any stage with fox in training mode and do Dair (down air) and L-cancel it into a reflector (the shine). look at the "consecutive hits" box on the right. if it says 1, you didnt L-cancel properly. If it says 2 or above you did :) heres a cool vid of ideas of how to pracice too:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckV2MJgBzo

MistFist

Smash Cadet
now with marth, try to go to training and make a fox, falco, captain (or any character actually i just practice against those a lot since those are the ones most ppl play) above you and try to Nair (neutral air) them accross the stage without them jumping or such. for this to happen you HAVE to L-cancel otherwise the second to third Nair wont come out fast enough and you will drop the combo :/ im still practicing it but getting much better now actually. heres a video of ken doing and actually teaching some good marth practice methods. is kinda long but if you really like marth like me and enjoy playing with him then is a must watch:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFCQIAnYUMM

Good luck on your training :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom