• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kung Fu Tea Smash Tourney -San Mateo, CA

Japster

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow smashers,

My name is Kyler Niemann and I work at a local boba tea shop called Kung Fu Tea. Our store is located in San Mateo, California on 140 B Street. During this summer, we plan on hosting a Melee tourney with a cash prize.

In the meantime, I was wondering who would be interested in participating in our tournament! The expected times of our tournament would be in the month of July, preferably within the first week of the month.

Before initiating our tournament, we would like to see how many people would like to participate! Please leave any information or questions regarding our planned tourney in this thread!

Thank you and happy smashing!

TLDR;
Come get some boba tea and win some ****ing money playing smash.

Japster

Smash Rookie
As of right now, we have a venue and a few friends that are down to participate. We just need to find out how many people were thinking of joining us so we can plan ahead. We are also thinking that the first Thursday of July will be a good day to start.

As for an entry fee, we think 10 dollars will be appropriate. For doubles, 5 dollars per person. Winners will enjoy a cash prize and possibly a free drink every day for the rest of the month of July.

Last edited:

Anubis

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3711-6997-0574
As of right now, we have a venue and a few friends that are down to participate. We just need to find out how many people were thinking of joining us so we can plan ahead. We are also thinking that the first Thursday of July will be a good day to start.

As for an entry fee, we think 10 dollars will be appropriate. For doubles, 5 dollars per person. Winners will enjoy a cash prize and possibly a free drink every day for the rest of the month of July.
Sounds sweet! The first Thursday of July? So the second?

Japster

Smash Rookie
Yes. However the date isn't final and first our store would like to find out how many people can participate. If you have any friends that are interested, please let us know so we can plan!

Anubis

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3711-6997-0574
Yes. However the date isn't final and first our store would like to find out how many people can participate. If you have any friends that are interested, please let us know so we can plan!
Me and one friend are probably going. Just tell me the final date alright.

Top Bottom