• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 2: Return Of Spamerer!! Saturday March 20th!! Somerset NJ!!

Norfair replaced, stay on, or removed

• Keep Norfair on

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Replace Norfair with Pokemon Stadium 2!!

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Replace Norfair with f-ing Port Town Aero Dive!!

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Replace Norfair with Green Greens!!

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • All 4 of those stages are dumb

Votes: 31 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I did, an SMod closed and moved it. It was epic, I've got a copy saved on my comp if you want it lol

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
If I put everything in all caps it takes away the caps from every word except the beginning letter of each word. I might just do that instead.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Just make the th in 13th lowercase.
It looks better that way imo.

Also, thanks for informing me of that. Never knew.

Zucco

Smash Master
gay stages should gtfo imo, but thats just my opinion. My opinion is the law though!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Double post cuz Keitaro loves me. Edit: Dammit delta...

diem I want a rematch, mm or tourney. No Snakes though :laugh: Also if I win you're not allowed to call me an old lady for drinking tea during a set.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Double post because Keitaro still loves me.

Also, I'm not 100% confirmed for this, so don't guarantee my setup; I might not go if I have any exams. Classes start on the 21st I believe, so 3 weeks might be enough time for me to have an exam. If it's easy/stupid I'll still go to this though.

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
I have an Exam on Sunday right after church, Sorry, I can not come to this. If you change the date, I will have an Exam still, so I regret to tell you Keitaro, I can not come to this.

But in all honesty, Brothers BDay is on Feb 13th I teh hav exauutse :psycho:

clowsui

Smash Legend
man, counterpicks skew matchups in favor so badly that i couldn't even think of the most obvious solution: switch to a different character!

seriously, that reasoning isn't very good since you're given the option to switch. if somebody counterpicks you to a stage, they only have a limited character selection based off of the characters that you're good at already and the stage that they selected. if you think the matchup sucks for you, just switch to a different character >_____>; sure your opponent can still counterpick you but that's because the system works so that the opponent has an advantage

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
In other words, win round 1 or your fvcked. Deal with it. Keit's tourney, Keit's rules. People don't even take you to gay stages that often. Last KTAR the only gay stage I was taken to was Norfair twice once (<3 pride). Besides 90% of you main MK so I don't get why you're complaining; you should be rejoicing.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Nice Kai it'll be good to see you.

Honestly the stages aren't even that bad.

Luigi's: If you're afraid of being ceiling ***** get rid of the mansion.

Japes: You only need to worry about this against Falco/Pit/Rob, so ban it if you know your opponent uses that character.

Norfair: Similar logic as Japes. If you know your opponent has characters that are good here, ban it.

Pictochat: The hazards barely do any damage; the spikes do like 10% and the flames do like 3%. The missles are another story, but they move so slow and you know where they spawn/where they're going. There's really no such thing as "being pressured" to do anything in this game (just imo), so you can avoid the hazards with ease.

Most if not all these stages share the common issue of timing out, but really that shouldn't be a problem. We've been playing this game for 2 years now and know that being defensive/campy is rewarding, and timeouts can occur on neutrals, so it shouldn't be a surprise. Besides, 8 minutes isn't really that long anyway :laugh:.

With that said, don't like it, don't come, but you'll be missing out on Red Robin/free tea/bacon/oatmeal/juice.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Nice Kai it'll be good to see you.

Honestly the stages aren't even that bad.

Luigi's: If you're afraid of being ceiling ***** get rid of the mansion.

Japes: You only need to worry about this against Falco/Pit/Rob, so ban it if you know your opponent uses that character.

Norfair: Similar logic as Japes. If you know your opponent has characters that are good here, ban it.

Pictochat: The hazards barely do any damage; the spikes do like 10% and the flames do like 3%. The missles are another story, but they move so slow and you know where they spawn/where they're going. There's really no such thing as "being pressured" to do anything in this game (just imo), so you can avoid the hazards with ease.

Most if not all these stages share the common issue of timing out, but really that shouldn't be a problem. We've been playing this game for 2 years now and know that being defensive/campy is rewarding, and timeouts can occur on neutrals, so it shouldn't be a surprise. Besides, 8 minutes isn't really that long anyway :laugh:.

With that said, don't like it, don't come, but you'll be missing out on Red Robin/free tea/bacon/oatmeal/juice.
I actually disagree with you there. I DO think the stages are that terrible, but like you said, it's his rules. If it's that big of a problem people always have the option to not go.

It will indeed be good to see you though. It's been too long. XD

Zucco

Smash Master
The juice here was amazing. 100% juice should look into a venue like this lol.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
The juice here was amazing. 100% juice should look into a venue like this lol.
The image is gigantic so I'll just post the link.

http://www.directinteriorsinc.com/images/Jamba Juice/Jamba juice 1700 B'way 001.jpg

Kai: understood; to each his own. I personally love gay stages because I have a very gay playstyle, but I don't blame you for not liking the stage list.

Side note: I hope you're in the mood for red robin's.

To everyone else: I'll agree to Green Hill Zone if you're not DDD :)

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Speaking of beast-as-**** teammates, does anyone want to do that with me here? The return of Malcolm and Doom? Perhaps Keitaro, Cable, Zucco, Bum, Basic Sausage, Blacka, ksizzle, Orion, Pierce, etc.?

Zucco

Smash Master
Probaly not entering teams unless somebody BEAST AS **** asks to team that is all folks :)
"beast as **** players are going to most likely be teaming with other beast as **** players.

Speaking of beast-as-**** teammates, does anyone want to do that with me here? The return of Malcolm and Doom? Perhaps Keitaro, Cable, Zucco, Bum, Basic Sausage, Blacka, ksizzle, Orion, Pierce, etc.?
I dunno yet. I want the beastiest of **** teammate I can find!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Me too!! My static teams partner Xzax will most likely be my teammate though unless Spam takes up my deal.... *snickers...*

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Bribing cheap people is so easy.

I speak from experience. I do a LOT of things for money, lol!

Zucco, we should definitely team at something, if not this. That one time back in September was a fluke, we'd definitely do well together.

Top Bottom