• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOTC Trifecta Part 2! THIS WEEKEND! POT BONUS FOR 50+!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch33s3

Smash Lord

This will be the second event in the Smash Trifecta. Remember that $1 is added to the Trifecta prize for every attendant!

Venue Location:
Clinton Inn
145 Dean Drive
Tenafly, NJ 07670

We'll be using the unity ruleset, in its entirety, which can be found here.

One minor additional rule:
You can't eat or drink in the venue, there are tables just outside the room where you can. This is a hotel rule, not from KOTC or myself.

$100 Pot Bonus for 50+ entrants!

Schedule of Events:
Singles Pools: 12 PM
Doubles and Amateur Bracket will follow Singles Pools.
Singles Bracket will begin at the conclusion of Amateur Bracket.

This is designed to ensure every player gets a nice amount of matches.

Monetary Information:
Venue Fee: $10
Singles Entry: $10
Doubles Entry: $20 per team ($10 per player)
Amateur Bracket Entry: $3
You may not enter Amateur Bracket if you qualify for the Singles Bracket.
You must enter Singles to enter the Amateur Bracket.

Payout Structure:
Singles:
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 12%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%
7th: 1.5%

Doubles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%

Amateur Bracket:
1st: 30%
2nd: 15%
3rd: 5%
The remaining 50% will be added to the main singles bracket.
The top 2-4, depending on attendance, will be added to the main singles bracket as the bottom 2-4 seeds.

Trifecta Points:
1st: 1200
2nd: 1000
3rd: 900
4th: 800
5th: 700
7th: 600
9th: 490
13th: 340
All other Placings: 10

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Please note a date change. This is the second event (first is July 23rd) of the trifecta. This is moving forward one week from the 1st to the 8th.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Just a quick bump to remind everyone this is just over a month away. If we get over 50 attendees, there will be a $100 pot bonus! Hype! The venue is also changing, I will update that info tomorrow!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'll try making it to this again even though its a little bit farther away than it was last time. Gotta keep that win streak going afterall.

I wish LOL

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
That 1 month countdown

I'm going to win Pokemon

probably get like 3rd or some bs in smash lmao

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I went to the last one, might as well go to this one too. Plus the name is Sonic RainBoom, and that's pretty neat.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Let's see some hype guys, I want to crack 50 for the pot bonus! Help me out!

Don't forget the Trifecta bonus is still up for grabs!

ch33s3

Smash Lord
For all the city people, there is a bus that goes directly from port authority to the venue, the 166 Bus. I don't know too much about NJT, but if someone could post some additional info I'd appreciate that.

Get your carpools organized plz :3

APartofNothing

Smash Apprentice
me and my friend lunar are going to own teams

until we meet someone that knows what they're doing
hype

ch33s3

Smash Lord
What do trifecta points end up getting you again?

:059:
There will be a bonus at the third event distributed based on attendance over the three events to those with the highest points. I'm not yet sure what the distribution will be, but top 3 will certainly get shares, depending on the size of the bonus, more places may get shares.

Are players with trifecta points seeded above non point players?
I'm working out a fair way to use the points, they will assist in seeding for sure though. At the very least used to break ties, with pools there is more flexibility for using the points.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Will this be of the MK legal or banned variant?

It is kind of close to the tournament time, I'm sure a bunch of people have already made carpool plans (I know my carpool is planned already). Also, considering Concentrate is so soon after this in NJ which is MK banned, I wouldn't mind seeing MK legal at this.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Unless there is a large outcry in one direction or the other, MK will be legal here and at the next event. After the next event, all future tournaments I host will be MK banned, regardless of any outside factors.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
This is Saturday guys! Let's get hyped and break that 50 threshold for the pot bonus. LEGGO!

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
I might be going to this. It pretty much depends on whether or not my brother takes me. So, you may see a new face there lol

:phone:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I really don't feel like driving to this, it's a decent bit further than the last venue :/ probably won't be going unless Keitaro or someone has a carpool going on. That, and waiting in line for an hour to get in was stupid lol

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
If everyone used that logic, doubles would probably start at like 4 lol. Assuming there's a decent turnout of actual smashers, that is. Either way, yeah... probably not going to make it out to this.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no, it's just that the line gets long. attendance is really big at these events because they host like 6 or 7 different games and get good turnouts for all of them

jbandrew

Smash Lord
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. okay okay. well i still need a ride, but id like to come. sounds funzies.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I need a ride to this. >.> Cheese do you have a carpool?
Aside from the fact that you're an hour the opposite direction from me, I'm going very early to set up, staying late to clean up, and going out with vVv guys after.

The line does get long, unfortunately, but if you're here on time, you won't have an issue. Don't forget that pools start AT 12. Not registration at 12, pools at 12. I don't want to run into time issues here, so starting promptly will make sure we're done in plenty of time. Nobody wants to be at a Smash tourney late anyway.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I may be driving to this raptor but the carpool charge may be high if I don't have a full carpool along with the trip out to you, then out to jersey, then back -__-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom