• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS for Brawl!!one

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Arrgh, page stretching!:psycho:

Giving my support for KOS-MOS, especially for the Namco rep. While her chances aren't huge, Namco seems likely to contribute a character, and while Pac-man is the most likely, they seem to like KOS-MOS too (if her many cameos are anything to go by). So here's hoping.

Going back to the picture, if Sakurai is against guns for Snake, he'd probably have a fit if he saw those things.

justice

Smash Ace
I think most of her attacks might be too harsh for brawls but yes I would support here and some Resident Evil characters as well!

Shurikono

Smash Cadet
This deserves a bump, we all know now that Nintendo owns teh rights to Monolith Software for 80%.
KOS-MOS has a better shot now.
She was also playable in Soul Calibur III for PS2.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
She sucks? Have you even played Xenosage? She kicks ***.

Though that doesn't mean she will appear in Brawl. She really has no chance.
As I said before, considering that Nintendo now owns Monolith, and since there are Xenosaga DS games coming out...she can get in, and I say she has a good chance...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
She looks like she'd be a good fighter though.

Uh Vesperview I was wondering where can you get those Pictures that are in your sig?

Shurikono

Smash Cadet
The DS games are retellings of the first two chapters they're not even games, plus she is way more popular on the PlayStation area.
Sonic was never that popular on a Nintendo console though, and what about Snake? He is more of a Sony's man anyway. And yeah I know the reason he made it in.

Also, Monolith is like 2nd party now, KOS-MOS or Kalas have a chance.
Remember Link being playable in Soul Calibur II? I bet you did. Lloyd Irwing is a playable character in Soul Calibur Legends, and KOS-MOS was unlockable in Soul Calibur III for PS2.
The only thing that's keeping her back is that Monolith Software was acquired in April 2007.
Also Sakurai wanted to add more female characters to the roster, next to Krystal and maybe Micaiah, KOS-MOS seems like a reasonable 2nd party character who is also iconic.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Sonic was never that popular on a Nintendo console though, and what about Snake? He is more of a Sony's man anyway. And yeah I know the reason he made it in.

Also, Monolith is like 2nd party now, KOS-MOS or Kalas have a chance.
Remember Link being playable in Soul Calibur II? I bet you did. Lloyd Irwing is a playable character in Soul Calibur Legends, and KOS-MOS was unlockable in Soul Calibur III for PS2.
The only thing that's keeping her back is that Monolith Software was acquired in April 2007.
Also Sakurai wanted to add more female characters to the roster, next to Krystal and maybe Micaiah, KOS-MOS seems like a reasonable 2nd party character who is also iconic.
I forgot about the time when Namco had the word of who got into Brawl and who didn't[/sarcasm], what the hell does Soul Calibur have to do with this? If a Namco character makes it, it will be Pacman, Klonoa or even Lloyd Irving whose chances aren't that high either.

and Sonic and Snake have had way more appearances in Nintendo than Xenosaga.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
*isn't aware of the entire conversation, but assumes people are still saying stuff about monolith being aquired too early.*

by the time brawl goes gold, it will at least be 8-9 months since april. do you think it takes over 8-9 months to make a single playable character in such a simple fighting game? thats why I'm hoping for my girl, KOS-MOS.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
KOS-MOS from Xenosaga? wow! I never though about it, she would definetly be awesome, her Final Smash could definetly be kinda like Samus's Blast

videogamerBen

Smash Rookie
KOS-MOS could easily be in (and should be)

I have several things to say about KOS-MOS. While Namco had owned 100% of Monolith (the company that made Xenosaga) Nintendo has bought 80% of Monolith. So Nintendo owns a HUGE portion of Monolith now. Also Nintendo has made Xenosaga I&II on the DS. KOS-MOS could easily be in.

Now that part about being kid friendly. The truth is that some of her outfits are a bit skimpy, but its NOT like one person said earlier on the forum, who referred to her as being "hentai material". That was the stupidest statement I have seen. But (as someone else already pointed out), look at Zero Suit Samus. The Zero Suit is VERY skin tight. Why has nobody complained about Zero Suit Samus? On this account KOS-MOS is a lot more modest. Not only that but it will probably have to only be teen friendly (13+) (not kid friendly). This is because Brawl comes after Melee, and Melee was rated T for teens (even though the original SSB was E for everyone). I'm sure that Nintendo won't backtrack and make a SSB game that is rated E ever again. From now on the SSB games will probably all be rated T. And since all of the Xenosaga games are also rated T, that means that all KOS-MOS's costumes are NOT too skimpy for teens 13 and up to see. So for this reason, it would not be inappropriate for KOS-MOS to be in Brawl.

On a last note. I do expect KOS-MOS to be in Brawl, and I will be VERY disappointed if she isn't in the game.

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
Since Monolith is now owned by Nintendo, KOS-MOS is possible, along with Kalas. However, that was late in development, so they might not show up. However, I fully expect both to be ATs or atleast Trophies or Stickers.

videogamerBen

Smash Rookie
KOS-MOS is cool

KOS-MOS should be a playable character in Brawl. I have found some videos on Youtube and Animeepisodes.net that show her hand to hand fighting ability and her weapons. Here are the web addresses to the pages the videos are on.

KOS-MOS fighting and defeating Gnosis in the game Xenosaga I
http://youtube.com/watch?v=92iorYlAfvo

KOS-MOS fighting and losing to T-Elos in the game Xenosaga III
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6y3We9E5Eas

KOS-MOS (with upgraded suit) fighting and defeating T-Elos in the game Xenosaga III
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dHXa2DP-oSQ

Also, an anime TV series was made based on the first of the 3 Xenosaga games. Its name is Xenosaga: The Animation. Here you can get a good idea of KOS-MOS's fighting skills and weapons. Here I have web addresses to some of the videos of these episodes.

Episode 2 part 1 (KOS-MOS uses her plasma arm cannon near the beginning of the video)
http://animexenosaga.animeepisodes.net/recentvideos/1/22ea6eb8-bdff-4fad-8d06-98ce014f2c88.htm

Episode 9 part 2 (KOS-MOS uses her X-Buster with many energy beams near the end of the video)
http://animexenosaga.animeepisodes.net/video/aa859f56-5f8d-4617-b9ae-98d200776ed5.htm

videogamerBen

Smash Rookie
Another cool KOS-MOS video

Here is another video from Youtube, showing the prototype of KOS-MOS killing a bunch of ordinary humans, taking hits with no damage from an attack drone, and then destroying the drone with a plasma shot. The shot continues on after destroying the drone and lands some place far away, where it makes a massive explosion upon hitting some distant object. Then the screen washes out as if it were a nuclear explosion!

All of the KOS-MOS action in the video begins at 2 minutes and 41 seconds.
The web address of the video is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jT55WjAWHk

tirkaro

Smash Champion
so... does anyone know if she's owned by Nintendo or not?
she is technically partially owned by nintendo. The xenosaga and baten kaitos games are developed by monlith (who are now owned by nintendo) and published by namcobandai, so I suppose the major ownership of the characters are sorta up in the air, although if any new xenosaga games are made by monolith, then they would have to be on nintendo systems, so that would make xenosaga a nintendo exclusive franchise, but I'm not sure about namcobandai's ownership of the franchise. but since monolith is owned by nintendo and thats that, then KOSMOS is technically owned by nintendo now.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Yay this thread lives again, but like so many have stated before her chances are next to 0 no matter how good she would be :(

videogamerBen

Smash Rookie
KOS-MOS's chances are closer to 90%

She meets the requirements. She is owned by Monolith which is actually owned now by Nintendo. Which means while she isn't first party (Nintendo's own character) she also isn't owned by a 3rd party (which was the case before Nintendo bought Monolith). Instead she is what I would describe as 2nd party. This means that even when all of the 3rd party character slots are used up, KOS-MOS could still get in. Her fighting skills are excellent, which means she should be in. And she is owned by a company which Nintendo owns and she is in a game on the Nintendo DS system (meeting the requirement of being on at least one Nintendo system). Plus the game she originated in (Xenosaga I) was VERY popular (even though it was on the Sony PS2). So that makes her a popular character (another requirement to be in Brawl). So I think she has a VERY HIGH chance of being in Super Smash Bros Brawl. Just as much chance as Ike, or Ness, or Ice Climbers or other semi famous characters (but not very famous like Mario or Link who had a 100% chance of being in). I would put the chances of KOS-MOS being a playable character in Brawl at about 90%.

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
She meets the requirements. She is owned by Monolith which is actually owned now by Nintendo. Which means while she isn't first party (Nintendo's own character) she also isn't owned by a 3rd party (which was the case before Nintendo bought Monolith). Instead she is what I would describe as 2nd party. This means that even when all of the 3rd party character slots are used up, KOS-MOS could still get in. Her fighting skills are excellent, which means she should be in. And she is owned by a company which Nintendo owns and she is in a game on the Nintendo DS system (meeting the requirement of being on at least one Nintendo system). Plus the game she originated in (Xenosaga I) was VERY popular (even though it was on the Sony PS2). So that makes her a popular character (another requirement to be in Brawl). So I think she has a VERY HIGH chance of being in Super Smash Bros Brawl. Just as much chance as Ike, or Ness, or Ice Climbers or other semi famous characters (but not very famous like Mario or Link who had a 100% chance of being in). I would put the chances of KOS-MOS being a playable character in Brawl at about 90%.
This "must have a game on a Nintendo console" bit has been regurgitated over and over again, and I think that people take it a bit too literally. Sure, Xenosaga's being remade for the DS. Sure Cloud appeared in a minor role in that Kingdom Hearts GBA game. It's a loophole that works to justify unlikely characters in the minds of their fans, and Nintendo would have to want the character in as much as you do for it to work like that.

I understand being a KOS-MOS fan, but honestly. 90%?

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, because she has never appeared on a Nintendo console, she does not stand a chance. Good character though.

videogamerBen

Smash Rookie
Stop doubting KOS-MOS will be on Brawl

Lets look at the facts. Not only is she owned by a company that is owned by Nintendo (a huge advantage), she is actually on a game on the DS, which is a Nintendo system (another huge advantage). Some people say because it is only on a hand held machine, not a "console", that she won't be able to be in Brawl. But when Sakurai said a Nintendo "conslole" I think he really meant any Nintendo game machine, regardless of whether it was a hand held system, or a console system. I do admit that the DS version of Xenosaga isn't very popular, but the game KOS-MOS started in (even though it was on the Sony PS2) was EXTREMELY popular (which is a huge advange for KOS-MOS being in Brawl). She doesn't have to be popular as a Nintendo character, she just has to be popular on some system (not necessarily from Nintendo) , but currently has to exist (but doesn't have to be popular) on a Nintendo system, in order to be in Brawl. As long as these 2 requirements are met, she could be in Brawl. These requirements have to be met, but they don't have to be met simultaneously. I think that should clear up some confusion.

Would it be smart for Nintendo to have her in Brawl though? I think DEFINITELY. If she is in, it will increase her popularity among Nintendo fans, and it might make people want to buy the Xenosaga game for the DS (even if they didn't before). It also could make general video game fans (among whom KOS-MOS is very famous) flock to Nintendo, bringing Nintendo lots of $$$$$. It would especially appeal to Sony PS2 fans, who would buy the Wii and the game Brawl, just to get to play as KOS-MOS in a fighting game, which would bring Nintendo even more $$$$$. In fact, from this point of view, It would be stupid to NOT have KOS-MOS in Brawl. So when all of these facts are put together, I would say that KOS-MOS has a 50% to 90% chance of being in Brawl as a playable character. Some people say 0%, but I think that is just as unrealistic as if they said she had a 100% chance of being in Brawl. Again, I say, that I think (and believe that it is realistic) that she has a 50% to 90% chance of being in Brawl as a playable character.

Hellsing00050

Smash Rookie
God I wish for KOS-MOS in her Ultima Form would be in Brawl.......But How?
If only she was more populare to people in the game world.
Oh and T-elos would be another character that KOS-MOS would have to be destroyed by T-elos as a mission.

Top Bottom