• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kooper Koopa and Parakarry

Luigi-Mario

Smash Cadet
This Thread is for all the Koopa Fans that want to play as Koopa Troopa and/or Paratroopa.

Kooper Koopa

Mario's second Partner from Paper Mario. What Kooper lacks in power, he makes up for it with good speed.
Kooper can be easily sent airborne with a hard smash so you'll have to hang around if you want to win.

B: Shell Toss/Power Shell/Fire Shell
Hold down B to turn Kooper Koopa into an out-of-control Spinning Shell of fury!
Kooper will stop after hitting one opponent with Shell Toss but you can hit multiple opponents with the stronger Power Shell. Fire Shell is the strongest and lasts longer.
When your doing this attack, you can change direction by pressing left or right and stop by pressing B again.

B+Forward: Cape
Kooper Koopa seems to have "Borrowed" this cape from a Super Koopa in the Donut Plains. (Super Mario World)

B+Down: Hip Drop
Kooper Koopa's Hip Drop can be performed in the air or on the ground.
It causes good damage when it connects and surrounds you with stars upon landing.

B+Up: Rapid Spin
Kooper Koopa's Recovery Move can hit multiple times and gets you some serious air needed to get back to the stage.

Taunt: Raises his hands up and down.

Parakarry

Mario's third Partner from Paper Mario.
Running and Jumping are Parakarry's Strong Points. Like Kirby, Parakarry can jump five times before his wings get tired.
Since he's a Light-Weight, Parakarry won't last long against the heavy hitters unless you're careful.

B: Mail Bag
For the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament, Parakarry's carrying something else besides Mail in his Mail Bag.
Press B to pull out a random Throwing Projectile and press B again to throw it. You can aim your toss with the Control Stick.
The Projectiles in Parakarry's Mail Bag are a wild card that range from a harmless Rock to an Explosive Bob-Omb.

B+Forward: Body Check
Hold down B to charge up Parakarry's Body Check. The longer you charge the move, the harder and farther it hits.

B+Down: Sky Dive
Blaze a trail across the stage with this quick and hard-hitting attack.
If you perform this move from the air, Parakarry will fly down diagonally.

B+Up: Shell Shot
Press Up+B to initiate Parakarry's Shell Shot then aim the attack with the Control Stick.
This Attack can also be used as Parakarry's third jump.

Taunt: Grabs a handful of Confetti out of his Mailbag and throws in in the air.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I doubt it, with popular candidates like Geno, DeDeDe, and others I doubt they'll make the cut. Also, don't they seem like kind of boring characters?...

Luigi-Mario

Smash Cadet
Marshigio said:
I doubt it, with popular candidates like Geno, DeDeDe, and others I doubt they'll make the cut. Also, don't they seem like kind of boring characters?...
AT LEAST they're not Generic.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Kooper Maybe.

But part of Koopa Troopa's appeal is that he's generic. Playing as Koopa Troopa would be like saying. Hey, there's nothing special about me! And everyone would know not to expect all that much.

Also in Japanese Smash they still refer to Bowser is Koopa, so if Kooper were in he's sound too similar. Unlike Troopa, which would be different enough.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Koopa Troopa is acutally my most wanted character, but I admit the unlikelihood of his inclusion.
I'd prefer a generic Troopa, with Kooper and Koops as costume changes.

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Paper Sack. I'd prefer a Generic Koopa Troopa as available in mario cart. There is just something cool about the generic enemys and being able to fight the main characters with them.

Luigi-Mario

Smash Cadet
Like someone said, Koopa Troopa and Paratroopa might not make it into the Game because they're too Generic and they don't have names.

Kooper Koopa and Parakarry on the other hand, they're not Generic. One's a Koopa Troopa and the other is a Paratroopa. Compared to a generic Koopa Troopa and Paratroopa, their chances of making it into the game are somewhat slightly better.

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
I really don't understand the hate for generic characters. Can someone explain it to me?

Cacodemon

Smash Rookie
People probably hate generic characters because they dont bring much "Innovation" of thier play style into the game, So lets say all Snake could do if he was in the game was melee and nothing else, he'd be generic and shouldnt be in the game according to the "Haters" but lets say Snake (Just using him as an example) had a specialty in explosives and had a range of attacks involving them, now THAT is a non generic character...
To sum it all up, a character has to have a specialty to be non generic.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Ah yes Kooper Koopa. Stick him in and have classic Koopa Troopa and one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Koopas as costume changes.

LennyBlaze

Smash Rookie
I like the idea of having a Koopa as a character, but I'd rather see Koops from Paper Mario 2. The moveset you came up with for Kooper was nice though. Either way, if there was a Koopa in SSBB, I would definately play it.

Luigi-Mario

Smash Cadet
LennyBlaze said:
I like the idea of having a Koopa as a character, but I'd rather see Koops from Paper Mario 2. The moveset you came up with for Kooper was nice though. Either way, if there was a Koopa in SSBB, I would definately play it.
Thank you. :)

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Personally i hope that they are in the game because that could be a regular koopas up-b move gets wings and flies up. They are my main character in super mario kart for the snes.
they are in the same mold as toad in my book but toad has a greater chance. i still hope for the generic koopa troopa.:):):):)

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I guarantee there is a 0% chance of either of those characters being in the SSBB roster. What is it with all these requests for random fringe characters that maybe appeared in ONE game from a franchise that spans decades? If they add anyone else from the Mario universe (and that's a huge "if", since they're exhausting all of the really worthy characters), it would be something like one of the Koopa kids. You know, a character that has been around for a while, not some generic character that is gonna make a lot of people say "whotf is THAT?"

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
People probably hate generic characters because they dont bring much "Innovation" of thier play style into the game, So lets say all Snake could do if he was in the game was melee and nothing else, he'd be generic and shouldnt be in the game according to the "Haters" but lets say Snake (Just using him as an example) had a specialty in explosives and had a range of attacks involving them, now THAT is a non generic character...
To sum it all up, a character has to have a specialty to be non generic.
No, that's not it at all. Speaking for myself, I hate all these requests for generic characters because, quite simply, they don't belong in Smash Bros. Smash Bros is a place for Nintendo's icons to fight it out, and it should only include characters who have come to represent their particular franchise. If we start *******izing Smash with any and every character who has ever been in a Nintendo game, it starts to get ridiculous. For example, if you include Kooper because he was in a Paper Mario game, you open the door for literally hundreds of other equally-"worthy" characters JUST from the Mario universe. The creators of this game have to be far more discriminating when deciding who gets a spot on the roster.

I think the Assist Trophy is clearly the way the Smash creators came up with to pacify the fans who put forth all of these completely unreasonable requests in a way that actually makes the game BETTER rather than worse. For example, including the Hammer Bros. as an AT is absolutely brilliant. He's a well-established, recognizable regular of the Mario universe, but he clearly does not deserve to be a member of the full roster, so this is a great way to incorporate him into the game in SOME capacity. I'd personally love to see the same done for Lakitu - I think it would be a great AT. But a playable character? Please.

/rant

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Kooper and Parakarry.....oh how I miss paper mario.....actually, parakarry and kooper are like my two two faveorite characters from that game (koopas PWN) but thier chances of seeing brawl are very, VERY unlikely :(

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Assist Trophies are the only way... And what great inventions they are. They allow for random characters to be in. Indeed, watch this space...

Top Bottom