• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kongo Jungle Stage Freezes With Alternate Characters

brawllegend

Smash Rookie
This may be related to the bug I posted earlier:
http://smashboards.com/threads/ivysaur-on-conga-jungle-64-stage-freezes.343342/

When an alternate costume (or Roy or Mewtwo) wins a match on Kongo Jungle, the game freezes.

Environment:
- Playing PM 3.0 Homebrew Option
- Using USB Loader GX r1215
- New 2GB SD card FAT32 format & recently defragged external hard drive (also tried a different SD card with a fresh PM download)

Conditions to freeze:
- Must be 3 stock match or greater (..weird)
- Alternate / Roy / Mewtwo played by a human (doesn't matter if Player 1)
- The player with the alternate costume / Mewtwo / Roy has to win.

Other things I noticed:
- It doesn't matter if the CPU dies up, down, or to one of the sides
- Also occurs in Turbo mode

I haven't tried all the alternate costumes, but I've tried Mr. L., Melee Falco, Melee Fox, Alt. Lucas, Dr. Mario, OOT Link, Dry Bowser, Roy and Mewtwo. And I tried various non-alternate costume characters and no freezing occurred for them.

That's the best I can gather for this bug. Hope it helps!

- Andrew

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
I have not had this issue. I have played many matches on Kongo Jungle, Lucas alt costume versus Mewtwo. Does this happen on any of the other stages or just this one?

brawllegend

Smash Rookie
I've only noticed it on Kongo Jungle. I remember trying out Hyrule Castle and Saffron City to see if it was the 64 stages, but they worked. Let me try with Lucas alt. costume on my end

edit* Hmm. yea Alternate Lucas freezes for me..

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
I should mention I have also used Ness's alt costume as well

Top Bottom