• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Konfused Shine (new AT with Falco)

Nik

Smash Rookie
thats my secret.
but the time will come to let the cat out of the bag.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
god not this **** again. Its like Hylians uber chaingrab and MK infinite down b. Just tell us, these boards have helped improved your game. If you find something that could be useful you should be eager to help give back to the community. Eh whatever I don't care, this doesn't seem useful anyway since falco gets KO'd himself

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Looks like DK just punches the Shine. That sends it back to Falco, which is why they both go flying right. Then DK uairs the Falco.

Pretty cool looking, but it won't end up being useful.

Edit: Magik... it took me three replays of the 13 second video to figure out what happened. Instead of yelling at the guy, just look into the matter yourself. You'll find it gives you a much greater feeling of accomplishment. Besides, this is nowhere near Hylians chaingrabs or the Infinite Dimensional Cape in terms of impact on the game.

(Also, I'm pretty sure he's kidding.)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What a bad joke. It becomes so ****ing obvious if you take a close look. Shine will never have that knockback on DK. Maybe something else happened? (a hint: try to stop the vid every second and you'll see something strange...)

Nice try, though

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
The shine still shouldn't have that much knockback. I'm still confused. It would help if the video was in better quality.

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
Falcon is DK punched, and goes flying because he is at 300%, and DK is KO'd by the shine for the same reason.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
This isn't useful for several reasons:

1) Nothing strange happens. The shine is disrupted. We've seen this before. If you don't pull out the shine fast enough and you're hit, a strange blue hexagon surrounds you and you get knocked back. (Happens to me all the time with Lucario's Aura Sphere). In this case, Falco's Reflector isn't disrupted by a projectile, but a fist. DK's fist touches the reflector and causes DK to get hit. This results in both characters getting knocked back.

Because DK only gets hit by the reflector, his knockback is weak. He moves slowly. Falco, who got punched, flings out of control and slams into DK hard enough to send DK into KO-zone. Falco then flies off the screen. Watch the video again, and notice how DK would NOT have been stocked had Falco not knocked into him. His knockback was too weak.

2) In other words: Falco doesn't even stock DK. Well, not with the reflector. Which means ultimately, this situation forces Falco to commit suicide, while DK lives.

3) We don't start matches at 300%, most respectable tournements don't use 'sudden death' mode...and if you do manage to get your opponent past 300%, you have far more reliable options. There's no reason why this should ever be done.

4) This isn't an AT. It's just the results of what happen when Reflector and DK's tilt (jab?) hit each other.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
nik how about you show us another vid that is not a sudden death and not against a dk because nobody believes (including me) this is even a AT at all

Tengosku

Smash Cadet
its a joke durr

not that it can't be replicated, looks like it can

not that i understand what happened, but no reason to keep it a secret since its useless

unless it can be a falcide

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I thought that was just zero hitstun in Brawl.

The quality of the vid is just horrendous but anyhow...

Falco got hit while he used the reflector on DK. Somehow this hit sent him forward. THEN he got N-aired by DK.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK, you didn't get it, so I'll explain it.

@ 0:10 the vid is just speeded up like mad, so you don't see what really happens. The shine knocks DK back, who beats Falco off the stage. That's it. You just can't see it at first 'cuz it's so fast.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
The shine can have that knockback. It actually kills at around 770-800ish% from middle of FD, except I"M DEFINATELY sure you would of killed your oppoent with some other moves by then.

About the direction of which falco moved, that is worth looking into, I pretty sure it was simply an attack by dk, but didn't pick out which one.

Top Bottom