• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kone Presents: EDster, April 21st. Newcastle upon Tyne *The BIG one, Dougless =x*

J03

Smash Master
this is all nice and fooked up thanks to the flakers, north vs south is basically out the window, north v south v scotland will prolly work...mebbe, except how many members would there be per team coz there aint 10 scotish lol. tbh i cant see any faults in creating a east v west rivalry.

i gather were just winging the whole crew pools thing now then?

l4dy: dont listen to coey, hes bad for your health, he has given AIDS to the innocent and sleeps like a bat, he hides his red eyes and clips his wings and even tapes his bat ears down to appear human, ask him to show you the hole in his chest were i drove a wooden steak through his heart when we first met. i would also like to point out that the only reason hes still alive is that his heart is so cold and black that piercing it did nothing more then make him mortal

monty06

Smash Ace
just do north v south still it doesnt matter how 1 sided it is we waited long enough as it is

COEY

Smash Lord
this is all nice and fooked up thanks to the flakers, north vs south is basically out the window, north v south v scotland will prolly work...mebbe, except how many members would there be per team coz there aint 10 scotish lol. tbh i cant see any faults in creating a east v west rivalry.

i gather were just winging the whole crew pools thing now then?

l4dy: dont listen to coey, hes bad for your health, he has given AIDS to the innocent and sleeps like a bat, he hides his red eyes and clips his wings and even tapes his bat ears down to appear human, ask him to show you the hole in his chest were i drove a wooden steak through his heart when we first met. i would also like to point out that the only reason hes still alive is that his heart is so cold and black that piercing it did nothing more then make him mortal
That's his side of the story. I remember it as i said "hi im will", he stabbed me in the chest, now i only have 1 lung! And so you know i only sleep upside down when it's raining, my natural eye colour is red deal with it, and who says you made me mortal.

And so ends another pointless post....

Kone

Smash Master
Im not creating a rivalry. Theres already a north/south divide and there is in most countires. Theres a definite difference in personlity/economy/accents/attitude between notherners and southerners. It runs throughout most sports. Especially football.

East v West would suck and holds no grounding. Sorry.

grayfox

Smash Champion
I agree, im surprised you english lot aren't more aware of it. Creating rivalries out of thin air for the purpose of a match is pointless. South vs North vs Scotland would probably be best. If not England vs Scotland, if Scotland can get enough players.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Righty-ho! Leaving for the bus and should be in Newcastle at like 1.45. See jo guys there! Don't forget to bring an extra fiver to lose to me now >_O

xxx

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I'll be down at around 7:30 with P.Vanity, the peach player, :).
Looking forward to it, we're both hyped for this, C'ya there everyone, Even though only Reacher, Zeppo and Mr.P know me, :)

Looking forward to having some good times, and hanging with Zeppo and P again, :)

C'ya there everybody, :)

ting!

Smash Cadet
hey to all those who know me and are attending edster, thought i would give a quick shout out to say i wish i could be with you all having a good laugh cos its been ages since ive had a good smash session, but unfortunately circumstances wont allow as i have work in the wonderful land of subway. however there will be other tourneys and look out carlton cos my peach has improved, anyways enough babbling, basically hi everyone and have a good tourney,

much love queen mab/ting/amy x x x x

Kone

Smash Master
We Need Cubes. Please God If Your Coming To This, Foulplay And P.vanity And Raf Lease God Bring Your Cubes. Bring Them. Bring Them. Bring Them.

Please

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Oh how God has mocked me!! Just appologising that i havent made what would have been the best smash tourney to date! I am SOOOOOOOOOO PISSED!! I had a huge bomb of work dropped on me last nite from my uni tutor so there was no way i could make it up there today AND finish this work for monday! I had so many new tricks for u guys aswel! Anyways hope everyone is having a great tym and pleeeeez somebody tape the great matches..... PLEEEEEEES!!!! Especially the team finals!!!!!!!! Anyways, the only way i will miss the next tourney is if im dead... so if im not there then pray for my soul, LOL!! ÖwnÄ out!

:yoshi: :mario:

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
YESSSSSSSS lol kidding ;D GG's everyone ^____^ now i know how doug feels "MONEY YES" gg :)

I'll upload vids in a bit (**** you paul for telling me to put on LP, probs putting it on the pc because it skips and goes fast -_-) anyone know any good software for LP quality, just got home =P and also a few comments

Zeppo : I think your better than me, definitely knowing your main a lot better combo and control wise in comparison to my jiggz. Learn how to abuse my aerial attacks more i guess :/ Sorry that i had to take 2 sets off ya >_<

Jam: No worries Jamboi, im reeaaaaaaaaally impressed by your shiek and the combos were dead sexy. Make sure you warm up your falco next time though >_< bad day ftl... MY G&W ****/WENT BLACK ON YOURS :D

GMC ( cba to separate ) : you guys are definitely improving and i enjoy going down to yeovil ocassionally =), thanks for the housing and I hope the whole of gmc attends the next tourney. Lord rust I love the pressure you put on at times with the float cancelled n air combos across the stage, find more ways to set those up possibly =). Jake please dont take losses too seriously...

Euan : You did well son, your peach is a pretty smooth and smart style and you can bring back some games even in hard times like against Z. GL with your alt chars which your practising too.

Frostbyte : Good shiz for london <3 Teams was sexy, nearly beat jam too ;0

Stevie : YOU WASNT DRUNK FOR ONCE O_O

Ed : Man up! never seen you place so low >_<

Reacher : man...3rd place via link, gj there o_o. Loved the winners bracket finals though it was kinda gimp :x. You did pretty well against zeppo too, unexpected truthfully. Also THANK YOU for the lift, we got to the coach station just on time ^____^.

Spam : Marth is still good, i hope playing frostbyte and Z's marth taught you some new tricks. But also your dash dancing and grab style is prob the best, even Z says he copied your style =P. I wonder how alex would do against you and frostbyte now.

Ouch : Sorry about the brackets, Keep working on that falcon or whatever you want to play >.<, id suggest watching a lot of darkrain/isai/silentspector to pick up some tricks, combos and get your style up to scratch. I hope you do better next time.

Dan : good shiz for the shiek (though shiek is gei), The combo you did on frostbyte was harsh on the last stock =P.

Geek : For someone who stopped playing for a year also a very good shiek, me and Z discussed your falco and said it was quite unique and pretty good..especially the way you set up and combo with up airs, and your pretty consistent with combos.

Tell me if i missed anyone out >.< Ranking plox

1 - Fuzzyness
2 - Zeppo
3 - Reacher
4 - Mr P
5 - Jam5
6 - (um..dan?)

gl in the next tourney, everyone prob wants to beat me now ;__;

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
indeed o-o

I got probs with capturing the vids off the cam due to LP mode on the cam (**** you Monty), gonna try it on gary's laptop, its either the software or my crap comp =)

yessssssss the best in the uk is a jiggz player LOL (though methinks zeppo and jam are still better)..London ftw :3

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
1 - Fuzzyness
2 - Zeppo
3 - Reacher
4 - Mr P
5 - Jam5
6 - (um..dan?)
FUZZ, U WON!!!??? Hahahaha! Who sez that London aint representing!? I heard from spam that u guys were in the finals for the teams aswel! Haha I love it! Thats one for the London team yes!:laugh:

:yoshi: :mario:

Kone

Smash Master
Results were :

1. Charles
2. Zeppo
3. Reacher

4. MrP

5. DSD9
5. Jam5

7. Frostbyte
7. GEEK

9. Kone
9. Grayfox
9. Big Man
9. Ogre

13. SOS
13. Lord Rust
13. AC Anon
13. Monty

Sabo

Smash Cadet
Charles: ****ing congrats Charles. very well played. GG's early saturday morning too, thanks for showing me how to DI properly, I'll have to work on that.

Dave: **** mute city :p otherwise ggs :p

little scottish kids: i forgot your names D:, ggs, keep practicing lots, you seem really good for how long you've played.

Reacher: ggs, just wish i could've taken a game so i could've had more chance of going through pools. :p very nice link btw, 'grats on the 3rd.

Dan: ...the first 2 lives were fun.. D: cool friendlies afterwoulds though :\ :/ :\ :/ :\\\\ :////// </3

Ouch: your captain is really nice now, it seems to have overtaken your falco. ggs in our falco dittos too though, always cool playing you. :) <3

JO3: Wow, your falco seems much better than it was a TNJ. Very nice work. <3

COEY: You also seem to have improved a lot. Can't really remember playing you though... j/k, :D ggs <3.

ICO/Anthony (I think that was your name, the only asian guy there iirc) Very cool playing you. Nice Falco. I look forward to playing you again some time. <3

Anon: did we actually play? :p I remember playing some teams at Ed's but.. :/ ..lol ggs :p

Everyone else I Falco ditto'd: fun times. I learned alot. <3.

I really need to try and make my game more consistent from day to day :'(. Also ****ing L-canceling sometimes.

edit: Alan!: :p how did i forget lol, :p fun hangin' with you, even if we didn't play much xD.

Darv

Smash Apprentice
Charles im well impressed O.O but ive always said your jiggz is your best char by far. >_>

Gratz Zeppo and Reacher, i called right Reacher top 3 ! =D

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
First tournament, and not my last by far! Had a blast, absolutely amazing time down there in Newcastle, great people, great matches, great experience.

People I really enjoyed playing:

B.B - Good Link dittos, helped me alot with my Link combos, Love the Link, looking forward to having more Link dittos with you some day, my Link isn't anywhere near as good as yours, but I really enjoyed fighting it, and it's a great experience, also helps considering I use that character, GGs and your a really nice guy, thanks for the help with my Link. :)

Bullet Bill - Your Docs awesome, it's really getting there, you've only been playing competitively for a month or two more than me and P.Vanity (the peach player), but your Doc is really good, I had a hard time doing combos on it, especially in teams, absolutely nightmare in teams! But, I suck in teams, End of. :p But yeah, awesome Doc, loved fighting it, Keep it up, I like fighting people just above my level, really helps with my game.

Dave - I never thought I'd actually fight a serious Zelda, but you proved me wrong, that ankle, it's a nightmare! But your accuracy with it is amazing, and thanks for trying to encourage me to keep playing after the tournament, and thanks for the awesome pool matches, even though I didn't get through pools, which I did expect, (I didn't expect anything else obviously) it was an awesome experience to be part of the tournament, and you've helped me to expect the unexpected, if that even makes any sence to anyone. GGs and hope to play you again someday.

SaBo - Dude what can I say? Your Falco is awesome, (I'm the Little Scottish Link Player) you suicide a lot, but you didn't in pools, you don't suicide when you put your mind to it, and I found it a lot harder to fight you in pools than not in pools, but then, you had no motivation to fight me at your best in friendlies, but, thanks for helping me with my game against Falco, it's helped alot with fighting the space animals, and, I hope I'll see you again and be able to have more GGs with you, Thanks for the ggs. (Give me your MSN addy if thats alright with you?) XD

Anon - Amazing Samus dude, your a great guy and funny as hell, didn't get to play you as much as I wanted, but thanks for the awesome games and helping me with my Link vs. Samus matchup. :)

Craig "Geek" - Your Sheik is a beast, Your Bowser is a beast, Your Falco is a pain in the arse, and my Link is just your Marth's ho' when you play as Marth, excellent player, owned my arse, but learned a lot from playing him, helped a lot with my game against Sheiks and Marths, Thanks for the GGs.

The Falco who I can't remembers name but I remember his email address and is friends with Bullet Bill - GGs, your first tournament as well as mine, had some good matches with you, really helped against the space animals. Cheers for the GGs.

Charles - I didn't play you much, but, you taught me how to properly DI which is helping alot, but then again I was surviving at 200 odd percent against you the first match, but it was pure luck, not proper DI. Cheers for the help with the DI.

Phil "Reacher" - Awesome Link dittos, your Link helped a lot, and your placement in the tournament made me happy that a Link can go that far in a tournament and come close to the finals. Thanks for the inspiration to keep training with my Link and teaching me a few tips and tricks with Link, it's awesome to fight against someone who also mains Link. Thanks a lot man! :D

And last, but certainly not least....

Thanks to;

Euan "Mr.P" - This guys the shiz, funny as hell and amazing guy. Thanks for help with some stuff aswell and really good friendlies with you, helped a lot with the Space Animals. Cheers for the help Euan.

Paul "Cpt.Zeppo" - Without you, none of this would have happened, and I'd still be more of a Smash Noob than what I am now, Thank-you for helping me and Matt a lot with this before the tournament, You've been really supportive and I appreciate the support and you trying to help us as much as you can, It's working, might seem slow at sometimes, but it's working, you might have noticed by watching a few of my games at the tournament that I'm trying to do the stuff you advise. Thanks for the help and I'm looking forward to the GGs coming up when I come to yours sometime soon.

-------------------
I'll be going to the next tournament, I had a amazing time down there in newcastle, and I definaltly want to go again, I hope I see you guys all down there again at the next tournament, I'm really looking forward to it, Thanks for the great time and the GGs everyone!
-----------------
"Little Scottish Kid No.1 aka Kieran, FoulPlay, the Link player."

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Hey, It's lil scot kid number 2 (the peach player)...Matt (Vanity) btw.
anyway that was one of the best weekends ever, it was great
I think i've learned alot, just got to practice more of it. Watching Euan and playin B.B has helped me alot with my peach.

Sabo - My first matches with you were great. I managed to beat you once with my falco, but probz cos of SD's, anyway thanks for the matches. Your falco's great loved playing it Thanks for the shout.

B.B - Thanks so much for the falcon and peach dittos so much fun so much stuff i learned just got to work on making the things i learned better.

Bullet Bill - Great doc great pill spamming :p Hopefully we'll both be better next time we meet.

Anon need to play your Samus next time we meet didn't get a chance to :(

And thanks Paul and Euan for makin it possible for us to take stocks lol without you guys we would of got slaughtered.

And GG's to everyone else i played against.

"lil scot kid No.2 - Matt, P.Vanity - Hopefully you'll know my name next time.

Syntax Error

Smash Cadet
Well, been back home for a lil bit, all fed and rested and such...good tourney ed, just a shame about the lack of cubes to begin with :(

Turned out well in the end though, so it's all good :cool:

Shoutouts!

Reacher - I'm pleased I got you down to last stock in the pools, even if I didn't win. Felt like I was getting a thorough beasting during the first match though, your link is scary!

Zeppo - Next time I see you, I'm going to MM your falcon against my zelda. No hiding behind a Marth for you...I know my Zelda is intimidating and beastly, but no johns and all that :chuckle:

Charles - jiggs is gay! end of story :p Grats on the tourney win, but I don't think you can call yourself the best player in the UK *just* yet? Better get winning some more aye?

Stevie - The Docasaurus is a beast.

Bullet Bill - Your doc is beastly too, keep working on it and it should turn out pretty nice.

Sabo - That first game in pools taught me never to underestimate anyone, though I don't quite get why I went into that match with that attitude. It led to me getting thrashed, of course, so more fool me I guess :) And yeah, that last stock on mute city was lame as hell...not that I was complaining :p

FoulPlay - You have a pretty solid link, was fun to play. Hope to get another game or two at the next tourney.

Anon - I hate your spamus. >_< Just wait until I get the powershield timing down for the missiles...*mumble*

Geek - the 12 stock master! That 3v1 messabout back at the house was pure hilarity. It's a real shame that wasn't recorded...

I think that's about it for now...we now return you to your regularly scheduled spam brought to you by J03.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
shhh don't tell anyone else about the 3vs1, don't want it to go about. lol XD that was shamefull, stupid falco's kept SHl'n me =[ and killin me i think there was more TK in that match than anything else, apart from SD's the falco's covered that aswell.

Dave that match me and you had was great with all the stichy's, but fuxor you with that Last one - i should have won dammit! >.<

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
what did you guys think of JP crouch cancel smash DI, insane shiz to me ;P

Jam show me Break the targets next time ^___^

if your gonna host another tourney ed make sure its up soon so people can book early and get cheap tickets

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
heya guys this isnt lady/khaine, this is stacy the only girl present at edster, just wanna say a few shout outs:

scotty: thanx for playin cards with me :) really lookin forward to seeing you again

richie: thanx for stealing my bed :p only jokin next time we will make it to a pub i promise! see you soon

jam: cheers for listening to me ***** about guys :p

ed:cheers for puttin us up and everything...

ryan: hahaha wasted

see you guys all soon tahnx for everything xxx

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
what did you guys think of JP crouch cancel smash DI, insane shiz to me ;P

Jam show me Break the targets next time ^___^

if your gonna host another tourney ed make sure its up soon so people can book early and get cheap tickets
JP DI was crazy... nice technique, but I don't see how you'd know within like... what, 30th of a second to do it. But yeah, anyway, I'm gonna use the dual stick DI also, thanks again Charles.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy ****...

>_____________________________________________________>

So yeah, double stick DI makes you live about 2-3% longer.. ;)

Top Bottom