• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knight Slash 3: SSF4AE. MBAA, MvC3, SSBM, SSBB

Roy0

Smash Cadet
Facebook Link: http://on.fb.me/ks3event

Pre-registration form: http://bit.ly/ks3reg

Last minute update: If you can't bring a full-setup, but you can bring a TV or game + console, you will be waived the $3 fee. Sorry, still gotta pay the full $3. =/

NOTE: We are looking for people to help us run brackets as well as to take in entry fees. If you decide to do either/both, you will receive "staff" status and you'll enter the event free of charge. However, if you are running brackets, you will be not be allowed to compete in any of the games. If you are simply bringin...g in a setup (TV + game + console) and you aren't competing, you'll enter the event free of charge as well.

To receive staff status, you must not only agree to not participate in any of the tournaments, but you must also either:

- Agree to strictly run brackets

- Register players and take in entry fees

- Bring in a full setup (TV + console + game)

At the moment, we probably have someone running the Brawl and Melee bracket, so there's about 3 more slots open for bracket runners and 5 slots for people to register players. Send me a private message if you are down to do any of these things.

Hello guys! Thank you for making Knight Slash 2 such a huge success last spring. This November, we plan to throw another tournament for you guys just before Thanksgiving! We aren't making this a charity event, so pot is on the line here. Come out, support, have fun, and GET HYPE!!!

We are planning to have a stream, but it's still a bit shaky since Rutgers internet isn't the best in the world. We may just make a VOD

604 Bartholomew Rd.
Piscataway, NJ
Date: November 12th, 2011

Organizers: The Underground Gaming Society.

Registration and Casuals: 12 PM (that's the official start time, but if we get everything setup early, we'll start at 11:15 or 11:30 AM)

Bracket Play: 1:00 PM-8 PM (finals for each game should hopefully start around 6 PM)

Venue: $3

Pot: $7 (per game)

If you bring a full setup (TV + console + game), you'll be waived the venue fee. Just pay for the games you'll be playing.

Top 3 rewarded. Split is 70-20-10.

Games Hosted:

Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition (PS3)

Double Elimination

99 Second Rounds

2/3 Rounds.

Best 2/3 Matches. Winners/Losers Finals are 3/5 Matches. In Grand Finals, winner of losers finals must win two sets of 3/5 matches.

In-game macros allowed.

Loser allowed to change characters between a match. If this occurs, winner can switch ultra but must stay with their original character.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (last tournament before UMVC3 drops) (Xbox 360)

99 Second Rounds

2/3 Rounds.

Best 2/3 Matches. Winners/Losers Finals are 3/5 Matches. In Grand Finals, winner of losers finals must win two sets of 3/5 matches.

In-game macros allowed.

No glitches that cause game freezing, game resetting, or player freezing.

Loser allowed to change team in-between matches. If this occurs, winner can change assist type.

Melty Blood Actress Again (PS2)

99 Second Rounds

2/3 Rounds.

In-game macros allowed.

Loser allowed to change characters, winner must stay with original character

Super Smash Brothers. Melee Singles (Wii/Gamecube)

General Rules:

Items are set to off.

Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.

Regular sets are best of 3 matches.

Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.

No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.

Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages.

In the event of a time out, winner is determing by remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match.

No stalling allowed

Starter Stage List:

Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams

Past Stages: Dream Land

Special Stages: Final Destination

Special Stages: Battlefield

Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

Kanto: Pokemon Stadium

Planet Zebes: Brinstar

Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise

Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Singles (Wii)

MetaKnight is NOT banned

3 stock

8 minute time limit

Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5

(If loser wins in the Grand Finals, both players must play a second 3 of 5 set, per Double Elimination rules)

Double Elimination

35 Ledge Grab Limit ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 35 ledge grabs you lose that match.)

Items are OFF including smash ball

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure

3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpick of the set

4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2

5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List

6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character

7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character

8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:

* Final Destination

* Battlefield

* Yoshi's Story

* Smashville

* Lylat

Counter Picks:

Castle Siege

Delfino Plaza

Halberd

Pokemon Stadium 1

Frigate Orpheon

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

THERE IS NO CP RANDOM RULE YOU MUST CHOOSE A STAGE.

Pause Rule : If you pause during a match you lose a stock. The only exception is to call a TO over for a ruling or an issue. It is at the TOs discretion to decide if the issue is worth pausing over.

• Excessive "Stalling"tactics are banned.

• Controller Mods are banned

Violation of any rule can be punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Let me know if there's any issues with the ruleset

Roy0

Smash Cadet
^ It's Brawl only.

But if they do add Melee, I'll be interested and enter both.
...it's Melee only since we had a big turnout and (believe it or not) more demand for it at KS2
We can add Brawl. I just need to start looking around for a decent sized room so everyone can move around comfortably and make sure we can get the setups for it.

ShaRP_RaZer

Smash Rookie
I see. You had a Brawl prefix in the thread title earlier so I assumed it was Brawl. But cool. As of now, is this going to be in the student center?

LLDL

Smash Hero
FFFFFFFF, this is on my dad's birthday =(

Have fun.

PayPei

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm interested in attending this event. It'd be my first tournament, and I'm still not completely sure of how all this works. I'd bring $3 to enter and $7 to participate in melee? Anways, I'll try to make this tournament since I live kinda close, but I'll have to get a final answer later. Hopefully I'll see you guys there!

Roy0

Smash Cadet
Console for AE is currently pending. Information will come by Friday. Stay tuned.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
If only this wasn't on the same day as a bboy competition I'm entering.

Roy0

Smash Cadet
awesome. Thank you guys for the interest. At the moment, our very own Rokunaya (of Melty Blood fame) is running the stream for KS3. Also, Those who are bringing setups, please come around 11 AM, so we can start setting up early. We might even be able to start registering people early.

Top Bottom