• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KLPI's Get Good Smash Bi-Weekly 4

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
KLPI's Get Good Smash Bi-Weekly 4, 5/17/2014 at Louisiana Tech
Initial Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-17-2014-klpi-bi-weekly-brawl-and-project-m-tournament-ruston-la.355143/

Hey all again!
Last tournament till the fall, when I'm back in school. Thank you everyone for coming out! I had a blast, and am happy that we were able to have a small entry fee so we had an actual prize this time around.

Also, major apologies. No one got me their mains, so -please- mention them, especially if you were top 8! I filled in anyone's I remembered off the top of my head.

We had a total of:
-20 entrants for Project M
-10 entrants for Brawl

Stream has recordings of matches:
http://www.twitch.tv/getgoodsmash

YouTube uploads:

Entry Fee was 2$, end split was 60/30/10 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd respectively.

We adhered to Apex 2014's ruleset.
Key: Nothing means they didn't tell me their main (Wahh :yoshi:)
:RANDOM: means they chose random throughout the tournament.

1: TxB Eman ($12.00) :lucario::gw:
2: Frosti ($6.00) :marth:
3: Woots ($2.00)
4: Donutt
5: Crag :lucario:
5: BirdyBirds
7: Khatru
7: Cornholio
9: MDMAsian
9: Kingly :marth:

1: Fax ($24.00) :wario::kirby2:
2: Mr. Fish ($12.00) :lucas:
3: Drix ($4.00) :sheik:
4: Ponkapa :yoshi2:
5: Woots :mario2::lucas:
5: Frosti :kirby2:
7: Murdok :ness2::link2:
7: Bestrin:ness2:
9: Onelife50
9: Ezuka :popo::lucario::zelda:
9: BirdyBirds :ness2::lucas:
9: John :ivysaur::ganondorf:
13: SHAM :ness2::kirby2:
13: Donutt
13: Kingly :mario2:
13: Crag :jigglypuff::zerosuitsamus:
17: Khatru
17: TxB Eman
17: MDMAsian
17: Cornholio

Last edited:

Bestrin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4656-9213-2468
Reserved for VoDs! Will be up a bit later this time (exam week), but hopefully by Friday.

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
I had a blast (did awful, but had fun). I'd do shout-outs but Im horrible with names and have forgotten a lot of them.

btw my brawl main is white marth (the white is important) and p:m is mario

edit: crag went lucario in brawl and jiggs/ZSS in p:m. figured Id fill it in since he never gets on smashboards.

Last edited:

Mr. Fish

Smash Cadet
All right I guess I'll grab first shout outs!

Ponkapa: Our matches were intense to say the least, and it really made me happy that you left in good spirits. Thanks for putting this whole thing together.

Fax: You beat me as always, so I have to keep working to at least put up some sort of fight. Congrats for first

Drix: I'm more than confident you'll beat me in our future friendlies and learn how to beat my lucas. Your commentating was fun to listen to and you did really well in the tourney.

Bestrin: Thanks for getting the stream to be so amazing. The PK tourney was all sorts of fun

Frosti: Once again, sorry for all the salt after you beat me. Your commentating was great and I wish I could have watched some of your other matches.

Kingly and Crag: Thanks for coming out to the tourney. Hope to see you guys at the next ones!

Ezuka and Murdok: Our matches had me so nervous it was ridiculous.

Woots: I've never actually got to play another lucas main, so those dittos were a lot of fun.

Eman: Congrats on winning brawl. Wish I could have played you in P:M at least once. I had a lot of fun commentating with you.

I could really feel the Lucas salt this tournament and it's well deserved, he is pretty ridiculous. I agree with everyone when they say that up throw is ridiculous. Thanks to anyone who watches the videos and has to bear through my commentary haha. I had a lot of fun this tournament and can't wait until the next one in the Fall.

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
Whoever brought the wii for setup #1, i would really like my SD card back, i miss it D:

Shout outs:

Eman: Always a pleasure to play against you
Frosti: Great match, hope to play you again.
Ezuka: fun first round, was really close
Woots: Lucas was really good, glad to play against you
Ponkapa: knocked me out of every tournament we've both been a part of. gg

Mr. Fish

Smash Cadet
Woots played Mario and Lucas. Ezuka played Ice Climbers, Lucario, and Zelda. Murdok played Ness and Link. Bestrin played Ness. John played Ivysaur and Ganon. SHAM played Ness and Kirby. That's all for P:M.

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
but honestly i really need my SD card back. It was in the Wii that was stationed at setup #1. Does anyone know who brought it?

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
that's alright Ponka, hopefully i'll be able to find a replacement SD card for it. that way if i get it back i can have 2 P:M cards in case we need them at tournaments in the future.

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
that's alright Ponka, hopefully i'll be able to find a replacement SD card for it. that way if i get it back i can have 2 P:M cards in case we need them at tournaments in the future.
Indeed. I will definitely provide better care to make sure something like that doesn't happen again. Lost equipment is a big no-no.

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
good news, found a new SD card i can use.

also, message twitch about it bestrin. i think they can fix lost vids like that.

Frosti

Smash Cadet
Dude the tournament was great and I can't wait for them to start up next fall! Already working on new tricks. Oh and my bad birdybirds it was my wii. I can give you that sd card anytime.

Oh, and donutt mains ike and Samus in pm and ike and link in brawl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom