• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Tourney Results Thread

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I wish people would start giving me the link to their tourney results... wink wink

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Done and done! Keep up the good stuff guys, lots of good tourney results = proof that Kirby's da bess.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
9th out of 31 @ MAS: Webster's Birthday Bash! - 1/29/11

Thread --> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296693

Lost to Arty and Kirk. I 2-stocked Arty on BF, which is a big accomplishment for me, and I reached my goal of Top 10, so I'm very satisfied with how I performed at this tournament. I just gotta work on CP picks and bans so I don't get ***** on FD like I did against both Arty and Kirk. LOL.

And I dunno if it dubs results are put up, but I got 3rd in dubs with Kain.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I think I will link the results in the OP to their respective tourney results threads. The tourneys with no results I'll have to leave with no hyperlink though.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Forced is a lie.

It might've been an offer you couldn't refuse because who wouldn't go clubbing with friends you don't see often enough, but the option was there >_>.

Put Mafia'd** instead.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Awesome, thanks guys! And sure YbM, I'll write that note next to the respective tourney result.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
If I had gone Kirby any matches outside of one, I'd post my tournament that I didn't do well at XD

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If I had gone Kirby any matches outside of one, I'd post my tournament that I didn't do well at XD
It's a sign, JoWii. ;)

And for the record, I love how organized the OP is. It's SO EASY editing new tourneys in and keeping it up-to-date!

Triple R

Smash Lord
Well since most Kirby's didn't do great this last Saturday I guess I don't feel bad posting my fail. I don't think the brackets are going to ever get put up, but the results are on the first page.

University of Minnesota Monthly 02/26/11 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289190
got 9th outta 13... :(

Despite what it looks like I didn't lose to bad people. I lost to sin242 in winners and Nappy in losers. My set with sin242 I probably should have won, but I'm apparently really bad against metaknights now. I 3 stocked his IC's first game then I didn't finish it out in game 2 or 3. Nappy decided to lose to a 14 year old kid because his controller wasn't working, and he didn't feel like using his main because of it. So Nappy got sent to losers before he should of, dooming either me or him to 9th outta 13th... Toke him to game 3 but didn't pull through. Despite lack luster Brawl singles results, I didn't do that bad for overall results in all 4 events.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
When I saw you at 9th I just assumed it was due to brackets (I prefer looking at wins/losses rather than overall placement). Going off straight bracket ranking is only accurate for the top three or four anyway. That's a funny story about Nappy going to Losers early though. XD

And did Melee really have a bigger payout than Brawl? I don't think I've seen that very often... if ever. Maybe at Genesis (but that was a national Melee revival tournament with Brawl as a secondary event).

Triple R

Smash Lord
Minnesota actually has a very good melee scene. Currently it is easily better than the brawl scene. Melee has been getting a bigger attendence than brawl for awhile now, about half a year at least. It's a shame cause I'd hate for either one to die out

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I figured if Chexxr is still playing Melee then the scene there is pretty good. I'm sure he has a lot to do with the success of Melee tournaments. He's an awesome guy and he's really good at Melee.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You guys had a Samurai Kirby event there? No wai!

Triple R

Smash Lord
I figured if Chexxr is still playing Melee then the scene there is pretty good. I'm sure he has a lot to do with the success of Melee tournaments. He's an awesome guy and he's really good at Melee.
Yeah, Chexr finally goes to stuff again, so it's been really active. Yeah, he's pretty much on his own level here with aarosmashguy.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
My Kirby failed me in Brawl, but made up for it by ****** in Samurai Duels/Quick Draw.
I love the quick draw game in Super Star (Ultra). :D
How was the format done in this? Was it the DS version with brackets?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
No, SNES with Brackets. I'm pretty sure Quick Draw is identical on both consoles though.
There was also an amateur bracket for it afterward.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I remember t0mmy and I would try to out-do each other in the Samurai Kirby game to see who could get the lowest time result. It started because I got a "02" and then he went and got a "00" and I was like 0_0;
So I had to go get a "00" and when I did we really couldn't go much faster than that. :D

But when Kirby Super Star Ultra came out, I made sure to be the first to get the "00". Ha ha ha!

Anyway, good job in the brackets. All of them.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I went almost all Kirby @ WHOBO and I'll say I was probably the best Kirby there unfortunately :/

I lost to DMGs Wario because apparently Wario can DI after he hits you into whatever the **** he wants. UTilt is legit though as well as UAir>UpB planking.

I feel as though Marth is more of an even-ish MU instead of a Kirby favor but I'd easily fight for Kirby favor over Marth favor. TipperKills vs FSmash/DSmash/BAir.

Also, Sonic gets wrecked by Kirby if he doesn't get the lead. Shield everything and when your shield gets hit just buffer a BAir.

Lastly, roll>Dtilt, roll>UTilt and crouch ALL work against Fox BY THEMSELVES. I made a point to play every Fox @ WHOBO and do only these tactics. I didn't win much, but I proved that those tactics can get Fox down to last stocks. If I had actually tried, Kirby can beat Fox by working in grabs, SHBAir and gimps. I feel kinda bad about being a **** using the Foxes to prove my point since none of those matches could've been fun lol. WHATEVER. POINT PROVEN.

Top Bottom