• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's New Moves

Jededi4h

Smash Cadet
Balance!

I just want Kirby to be as close to how he was in the 64 as possible in Brawl, because I wanted to cry when I saw how much Kirby sucked in Melee :(((
Kirby was changed because he was just broken the other way in 64 (i.e. Unstoppable) I want to see something new.... something finally balanced

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I just want Kirby to be as close to how he was in the 64 as possible in Brawl, because I wanted to cry when I saw how much Kirby sucked in Melee :(((
I want Kirby un-nerfed of course, hes been my main 64 + melee(not very successful but fun), but I thought it was pretty nice having Kirby as low tier (yeah bottom 3rd is pretty bad) because I was the only one to use Kirby and I felt special. 64, it was always Kirby on Kirby fights.

-So un-nerf Kirby, but not god tier that everyone mains him.
-O new thought: Well theres lots of characters now and the games more balanced so maybe everyone will be equal and I won't have to worry about too many maining him.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think the tier list is a dud. But Kirby was harder to master in Melee but it was possable to win with him. Kriby looks like he as been fixed up finally.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kirby WAS playable at E for All to my knowledge. You just had to go over to the adventure mode station and play there. You got to play as Kirby for a bit. Correct me if I'm wrong.
There was no "adventure mode station". Kirby was not available on the demo disks. :(

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
Kirby's moves wasn't in E for all because sakurai wants him top tier We all know sakurai's smart enough know to keep b from melee and ssb, but he wants the other three to be better than b4(especially right b)
B= the same
\/B= the same but better in some spectaculaar way
^B= the same but better
>B= anything from a kirby game, the kick from fighter kirby, laser, or anything really

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
****, kirbys dash attack looks amazingly awesome, especially compared to the fireball. I remember many a time when i used that move and accidentally went off of the edge and couldnt get back up (i was a noob then, lol). plus, its entirely laggy and really sets me up for loss of a stock when im up against shiek and faster characters.

lukintosh

Smash Ace
I wish that Kirby's Final Cutter worked like it did in Super Star...you know, it' hits them, like, 6 times.
I wish that Kirby's swallow worked like it did in all games... you know, it just swallows the enemy and it's gone.

EDIT: Kirby's new dash attack is a "rip-off" from his yoyo ability in Kirby Super Star, but in KSS it goes vertically up and then down.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
Kirby doesn't look far too different. He was NOT available at E-4-All so we DON'T know what his moves are, and we CANNOT really know whether or not his moves are good. End of story. Thank you.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
I wish that Kirby's swallow worked like it did in all games... you know, it just swallows the enemy and it's gone.

EDIT: Kirby's new dash attack is a "rip-off" from his yoyo ability in Kirby Super Star, but in KSS it goes vertically up and then down.
It's not a rip-off. Kirby had two types:

1) If you dashed and then attacked with Yo-yo kirby, it did the spinning attack.

2) If you pressed Down-up, then he did the Geyser Spiral, which is the vertical one you're talking about.

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
one thing about his swallow ability, if he swallows pit, meta knight or charizard, kirby should get the ability to glide as long as he has their copied power. and that goes along with other chracters who have unique abilities. what do you think?

debaser

Smash Lord
One thing I always thought would be cool for Kirby, but slightly imba, would be if instead of getting specific neutral B's from the characters he absorbed, he got a hat based on that character's powers. Like he would get plasma from pikachu and could charge up an energy ball by dash dancing. Or get mirror or something from Zelda, parasol from Peach, sword from Link, hammer or frost from IC's, beam from Samus etc. His B moves would then change depending on his hat.

I realize that not all characters would correspond well with a Kirby hat power and the time it would take to develop and balance all of that would be far too astronomical to be even remotely practical, but a man can dream can't he? Ah well, I'll just go play Superstar.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
I hope so! Kirby was my favorite smash 64 character, and he's still one of my favorite nintendo characters but I just couldn't play him in melee. :(

Top Bottom