• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's moveset has been delayed why (I know)

Dead Wire

Smash Cadet
I live in a place called socorro which in spanish
I know everybody doesn't care so much for the moveset as much as which charactar will be in. But why haven't they shown Kirby's moves and shown almost every body else's,What are they hiding first of all they dont want anybody to see him when he swallows Snake or Pit or even Sonic and. Second hes going to have more than one of the host's moves like Mario he'll have the fire balls, FLUD, maybe even the "Mario Tornado" Because if you play a Kirby game you have more than one move when you swallow something what do think people.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
In which Kirby game have you ever gotten more than one move from swallowing (just) one person?

Also, they haven't shown us Pikachu's moveset either. I think the most likely reason they haven't show us Kirby's moveset is that it hasn't changed, especially since we've seen, through various screenshots, his melee ^B, vB and >B.

NintenDOPE

Smash Rookie
Yes you seriously need some grammar lessons my man.

But anyway, I see what you're saying. It would make sense that they delay Kirby's moveset, because;

1. It'll be HUGE (with all the characters now plus the ones to come)
2. Sakurai may not want to reveal some characters movesets just yet.

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
I think what he means by "more than one move" is the combos in the newer games.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I have a feeling Kirby got changed. Maybe he still retained his Up+B and Down+B, but what if his B move changed. Maybe he can inhale and spit out items, or summon an assistant with his copied ability.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
A lot of characters haven't had their special moves revealed yet.
It's really not a big deal.
Of course, I wouldn't know for sure, because I can't really comprehend the message your attempting to get across with your atrocious grammar.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They've had different moves since Kirby Superstar...Fire does fireball AND Fire breath...plus a couple more things...And there are a hell lot of attacks with sword and stuff...

...I think they haven't shown them yet because they are the same as melee and used as filler updates

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Yeah there have been multiple attacks back then in Kirby Superstar. All games after those kirby only had a one attack copy ability. Some of the newer ones are implimenting it back.

I don't know if I want multiple attacks because I don't want Kirby to change too much when he copies.

Imagine SonicKirby. Imagine B was Sonic's homing spinning attack. Kirby could use that then easily chain any combos he wanted with that. Kirby wouldn't need change his orginal speed stats.

Sonic spinning homing attack + Kirby = way different style already.

But, I am interested about changes to Kirby if they work out good.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think kriby's basic special has changed, they didn't show that move yet.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
What's all this "Multiple B Moves" crap going around?

Don't believe rumours people! Nobody has ANY idea what they're talking about!
my bad.:( I was just thinking if his standered special got a little longer like his lates games had.

NukeA6

Smash Master
What's all this "Multiple B Moves" crap going around?

Don't believe rumours people! Nobody has ANY idea what they're talking about!
I really don't know how it started and there is a thread about it. I think it's complete BS.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I thin k his Neutral B has changed: You can suck up and move at the same time now. Just slowly.

OR

What if Kirby can suck up Bombs items (and etc. different items) and become Bomb Kirby? Or suck up a Fire Flower and be Fire Kirby?

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
I think his side-B got updated, like Link's chargeable up-B.

In Kirby Superstar, you spin around with the hammer while dashing, and can throw the hammer(which gives up the ability). However, the Melee Kirby doesn't have this capability, so I think the Brawl Kirby might be updated with the ability to spin+throw the hammer while dashing.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
>B tennis racket then he can make his appearance in Mario Tennis Wii but then it'll become SSBT (Super Smash Bros. Tennis) then.

-_- sorry
I think his side-B got updated, like Link's chargeable up-B.

In Kirby Superstar, you spin around with the hammer while dashing, and can throw the hammer(which gives up the ability). However, the Melee Kirby doesn't have this capability, so I think the Brawl Kirby might be updated with the ability to spin+throw the hammer while dashing.
O yeah I remember, u can charge then u start spinning crazy and u can move around. Maybe they removed his hammer because King Dedede stole it (I know Kirby can keep his hammer)

Kentalish

Smash Lord
did u guys ever think there not showing movesets yet... cuz of e for all weil see all the characters FS's and moves... well the 14 of em one of em is pika

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
In which Kirby game have you ever gotten more than one move from swallowing (just) one person?.
Where have you been? I'm pretty sure Fighter Kirby is the prime example of any of this. In fact, EVERY game that the Fighter ability was in had other attacks as well on different forms.

It's certainly possible Kirby could get an upgrade, with the whole multiple B moves thing. I will be really dissapointed if Kirby was the only vet with pretty much no type of upgrade or change whatsoever. Especially after all the Link crap. "OMG THE 'RANG MAKES WINDZ NOW!"

gsarany

Smash Cadet
What if Kirby could swallow for example Link and Kirby could wield a sword the whole battle and depending on who he swallows hims A moves change in a way. Kirby could have different airials, smash moves, but then again that would make Kirby pretty god like.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
What if Kirby could swallow for example Link and Kirby could wield a sword the whole battle and depending on who he swallows hims A moves change in a way. Kirby could have different airials, smash moves, but then again that would make Kirby pretty god like.
That would make kirby the most advanced character, ever.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
Of the eight original non unlockable characters in the first smash bros, Kirby is the only one who is not playable on the demo. Why? Maybe because his moveset must not have been ready for the demo because maybe they are still changing some of his moves. We already know that his dash A has been changed which was shown in some video.

SithLordR2D2

Smash Rookie
Of the eight original non unlockable characters in the first smash bros, Kirby is the only one who is not playable on the demo. Why? Maybe because his moveset must not have been ready for the demo because maybe they are still changing some of his moves. We already know that his dash A has been changed which was shown in some video.
I would say the more likely reason as to why Kirby is not in the demo is because he is quite possibly the largest character in terms of data size, just because of all the possible things that can happen with his copy ability. I hope that they changed his moves so he can take more than one move from a character. I think it would spice up the matches for Kirby a lot.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Im sure Kirby isnt in the demo because he takes up a lot of room. Note the characters not on the demo seem to have unique mechanics that take up more room (Trainer's 3 in 1, Wario's fart buildup, Ice Climbers duo, Zelda transform?). The no Zelda is quite telling but thats for another thread! Kirby fits in that group with his copy ability...

Anyway, anyone who has paid close attention to the Subspace videos will have noticed Kirby has some moveset changes:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KaMCPPAEX54

Kirby fighting Petey Pirahna. Pay close attention to Kirby from 30-40 seconds. Twice he uses a spinning hammer move in the air. It appears that Kirby's Side B in the air is more like the Ice Climbers' Side B. I will bet that with 2 hits, it is stronger than Melee's overflipping...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9vmElR_QtSQ

Adventure with Peach. Watch the latter controllable level. At 1:32 and 1:43, look closely and you will see Kirby running then flipping over and spinning his feet to attack while still moving a bit. A new dash attack? Very likely, its the same move Yoyo Kirby uses in Kirby Superstar when running. Already it looks like a much better move than the fireball from Melee.

I am positive Kirby is getting a buff this time. No way a development team who has played Melee 1000s of times will have missed Kirby's impotency.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Im sure Kirby isnt in the demo because he takes up a lot of room. Note the characters not on the demo seem to have unique mechanics that take up more room (Trainer's 3 in 1, Wario's fart buildup, Ice Climbers duo, Zelda transform?). The no Zelda is quite telling but thats for another thread! Kirby fits in that group with his copy ability...

Anyway, anyone who has paid close attention to the Subspace videos will have noticed Kirby has some moveset changes:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KaMCPPAEX54

Kirby fighting Petey Pirahna. Pay close attention to Kirby from 30-40 seconds. Twice he uses a spinning hammer move in the air. It appears that Kirby's Side B in the air is more like the Ice Climbers' Side B. I will bet that with 2 hits, it is stronger than Melee's overflipping...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9vmElR_QtSQ

Adventure with Peach. Watch the latter controllable level. At 1:32 and 1:43, look closely and you will see Kirby running then flipping over and spinning his feet to attack while still moving a bit. A new dash attack? Very likely, its the same move Yoyo Kirby uses in Kirby Superstar when running. Already it looks like a much better move than the fireball from Melee.

I am positive Kirby is getting a buff this time. No way a development team who has played Melee 1000s of times will have missed Kirby's impotency.
He is also using the fireball though in a different movie

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Really? Can you link me to this movie, or at least describe it?
I'll try to find it

Edit: I dunno, I swore I saw it in one video but I can't seem to find that video anymore

metalx42

Smash Rookie
there is no way kirbys classi set will change but the is a possibility of randomising the move he steals but still only gets one eg sucks mario gets fludd

aleps

Smash Apprentice
Thats what I thought. Also I've seen the videos where Kirby appears but didn't see him using the fireball. Maybe you got confused PsychoIncarnate.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I also noticed that in the viseo of Kirby fighting Petey that it seemed like his Up Slashe horizontally, then up, then down, I also noticed that in the clip with him and Peach that his up pulled his enemy down with him ill have to ccheck if that wasnt in melee but Im pretty sure its not. My overall opinion on this subject is that Kirby is definitely stronger this time around, and maybe that has somethin to do with the lack of a moveset update

glazedkoala

Smash Rookie
Sakurai is the mastermind behind Kirby remember, and in the previous Smash games he's been pretty iffy about putting a bunch of his own characters in (according to IGN, which talked about Dedede almost being in Smash 64). Maybe he just isn't showing much of Kirby for that very reason.

Also, I'm sure that they've fixed Kirby up to not suck. Maybe his steal ability is somehow better now, and he gets multiple b moves, but I wouldn't count on his entire fighting style changing each time he eats somebody. Not only would that make him super complex program wise, but he'd be the hardest character to play with. You'd have to know how to use him no matter which character you absorbed. You could only master him by mastering everybody! AH!

Of all the proposed changes, i think walking while sucking in is the most likely adjustment. It would be useful.

And his b-up could bring people down with him in melee, but it didn't always happen. I think it might only work when you use it from the air, or something. In 64 it did so much more consistently and easily (I often used it as a spike).

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Well, here, at 0:32, his neutral b does seem to be faster in both startup, and how fast it sucks people in... Not sure how much though. Kirby could have been left out for file size, or even if they hadn't finished one of his hats or something. No way to know.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Also, I'm sure that they've fixed Kirby up to not suck.
Why would they want to do that? That's his main ability... (For those too dense, I was making a pun)

They have shown Kirby's suck in a Subspace fight against Mario, but he didn't swallow...
Perhaps them changing Kirby's hammer is a way of signaling that Dedede's in (EDIT: Cool)? Or maybe he can do vertical AND horizontal swings, depending on whether you tap/tilt or hold/smash. Or they could be switching Kirby and IC's >B. I just don't want them to get rid of an original move in favor of one already in.

I didn't think about the data space, makes Wario not in make more sense. I thought they just didn't want to reveal anything new (Lucas (de)confirming Ness, Zelda (de)confirming Shiek, what's up with Snake's ordnance) or deal with confusing mechanics (Kirby's copy, IC's team, Red's threeness, Zelda's (possible) transformation, Wario's choppy animation(?)). Then again, what about S/Zamus, and Bowser has his own transformation, and all of Ike's super armor. They seem like they'd take a bit of data.
That also goes for the stages. No one can deny the oddity and data of WarioWare and Rumble Falls.

Top Bottom