• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Inhale/Jumping Inhale
From there you need to determine if you should Hammer Flip or Hammer Bash, since they determine if you get Tackle Pikman or Sticky Pikman.
I'm kinda iffy on Hammer Bash
I don't see the positives
Hammer has always needed a good read to land and with bash you can't charge it
:213:

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
I'm kinda iffy on Hammer Bash
I don't see the positives
Hammer has always needed a good read to land and with bash you can't charge it
:213:
If you jump and use Hammer Bash, it helps your vertical recovery and it stalls you in the air for a bit. It KO's very early (Mario at 95% I believe) and unlike Giant Hammer it can be used to punish. Unlike Hammer Flip, you don't have to charge it to get K.O. viability. It's also an amazing option to use after ledge trumping. I'm sure there's more that I'm just forgetting, but Hammer Bash is the best. The other two have their uses and should be explored, though.

And hey! The local tourney that I go to is going to be streamed by Clash Tournaments! And Customs are going to be on! Wish me luck~

Last edited:

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
If you jump and use Hammer Bash, it helps your vertical recovery and it stalls you in the air for a bit. It KO's very early (Mario at 95% I believe) and unlike Giant Hammer it can be used to punish. Unlike Hammer Flip, you don't have to charge it to get K.O. viability. It's also an amazing option to use after ledge trumping. I'm sure there's more that I'm just forgetting, but Hammer Bash is the best. The other two have their uses and should be explored, though.

And hey! The local tourney that I go to is going to be streamed by Clash Tournaments! And Customs are going to be on! Wish me luck~
i whoosh you luck

any strings that are good for kirbs in this game? I know bthrow to bair against certain opponents is good and someone who streams has a partner that uses bowser so i am def going to use that a lot when he's at 0%
fthrow to uair is one that i only know works against DK, but i want to know if anyone has a list of who it works against and what %s

Nickname87

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nickname8877

Nice represent us kirbby mains well :) what time will it be on?

Kirbymeister

Smash Cadet
NNID
hazzahbazzah
3DS FC
3823-8971-1294
good luck, man!
nice to see that more & more Kirby representatives are entering tournaments!
(if only I could join, too...)

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
Triples will be on at 1:00 and Singles starts at 4:30. Will be playing Kirby in both!

Up Tilt strings are super good. If you can read your opponent well, you can get a string of Forward Airs and get early KOs. Less useful against super good opponents, but really fun to pull off. Back Throw -> Back Air is a commonly praised combo, and while DI dependant, Forward Throw -> Forward Air -> Grab is ridiculous.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
i whoosh you luck

any strings that are good for kirbs in this game? I know bthrow to bair against certain opponents is good and someone who streams has a partner that uses bowser so i am def going to use that a lot when he's at 0%
fthrow to uair is one that i only know works against DK, but i want to know if anyone has a list of who it works against and what %s
F-throw>u-air only works on DK between 4%-33% and begins registering as a true combo at 10%.

However, I like to f-throw>f-air DK somewhere between 20-23% (after a b-throw>b-air :bee: ) because it creates either a tech chase scenario or a jab lock if they miss the tech. :)

F-throw>F-air info:

Bowser
*F-throw>f-air (19% from 23-29%)
*can create a jab-lock follow up.

Donkey Kong
*F-throw>f-air (19% from 4-31%)
*true combos starting @ 10%
**Can create a jab-lock follow up

Samus
*F-throw>f-air (19% from 0-13)
*true combos @ 9%,10%,11% and 13%
^Samus is weird. I feel like she can DI away from this though.

King Dedede
*F-throw>f-air (19% from 11-19%)
*18-19% can create a jab-lock followup.

ROB
*F-throw>F-air: (19 from 0-26%)
*true combos starting at 9%
^ROB the IDEAL character to f-throw into f-air. You can even dash grab after the first one to do it again if they don't mash away.

And that's all I have for f-throw>f-air. I feel like maybe even f-throw into rising f-air works at mid-low percents on some characters but it's hard to tell. I might hit the training room next to figure that out.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Inhale/Jumping Inhale
From there you need to determine if you should Hammer Flip or Hammer Bash, since they determine if you get Tackle Pikman or Sticky Pikman.
So... the Olimar power changes depending on your SideB? Actually, I guess that makes a little sense, since you're taking Olimar's SideB kinda... but man that's weird. I hope they patch it someday, because tackle pikmin are just too good.
Unless they change it so you only get sticky pikmin, then I hope they never change it. I don't even know what they intended o_O

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
Well, I figured out that some characters can stop jab2 -> jab-infinite with an aerial when they are hit in mid-air (Mario's U-Air and the ilk)...but I have a question: can we safely go to shield or something else from jab2?

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
Well, I figured out that some characters can stop jab2 -> jab-infinite with an aerial when they are hit in mid-air (Mario's U-Air and the ilk)...but I have a question: can we safely go to shield or something else from jab2?
i believe you can, im gonna hit the training room real quick and check on that

EDIT: you can indeed go to shield from jab2

Last edited:

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone else used to Dair into toadstool off the edge for a deadly spike? I killed my brother who was playing mario, so not the best recover, at 40% with this combo. What do you guys think?

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else used to Dair into toadstool off the edge for a deadly spike? I killed my brother who was playing mario, so not the best recover, at 40% with this combo. What do you guys think?
i was against Dx3 in the training room, I did 2 bthrow to bairs and did 2 dairs for the kill, but i ended up dying too. dair into footstool could work well against people with worse recoveries, but the little combo i did against Dx3 killed near that percent range.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Nope, I got greedy with hammer and taunted. Why do I suck at gamecube controls when I'm so fluent in 3DS controls?

Now I owe him any meal at McDonald's. :c

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Nope, I got greedy with hammer and taunted. Why do I suck at gamecube controls when I'm so fluent in 3DS controls?

Now I owe him any meal at McDonald's. :c
It might be due to you using them for so long your used to the layout but it just takes some getting used to is all. Also ewww why would he want to go to mcdonalds of all places their service is horrible and they take forever to give you your food even at the drive-thru. Better off going to taco bell or burger king. Sure they're cheap but cheap ain't always good. :urg:

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
LMAO. Burger King has horrendous customer service all around FL.

They don't prepare food with gloves. A guy literally dropped pickle to the floor, put it back, wrapped it up, and served it to me.
They laugh at an old woman who was served a dollar burger that was burnt, after SHE COMPLAINED that the last one was poorly made. Their fries are not up to standards and has been known to make people bloat and not feel well, thus wasting money on the meal they bought.

The only good thing are their drinks, because they don't care about it.

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
LMAO. Burger King is has horrendous customer service all around FL.

They don't prepare food with gloves. A guy literally dropped pickle to the floor, put it back, wrapped it up, and served it to me.
They laugh at an old woman who was served a dollar burger that was burnt, after SHE COMPLAINED that the last one was poorly made. Their fries are not up to standards and has been known to make people bloat and not feel well, thus wasting money on the meal they bought.

The only good thing are their drinks, because they don't care about it.
XD! That's terrible! i'm sure glad i don't eat fast food anymore. Also isn't making food without gloves a health violation? Like has anybody ever complained about this stuff because there is NO WAY i'm ever NOT gonna say something when i see you pick a pickle off the floor and give it to me like i'm supposed to eat it. I don't even....

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
XD! That's terrible! i'm sure glad i don't eat fast food anymore. Also isn't making food without gloves a health violation? Like has anybody ever complained about this stuff because there is NO WAY i'm ever NOT gonna say something when i see you pick a pickle off the floor and give it to me like i'm supposed to eat it. I don't even....
As a restaurant employee, I have to tell you literally everything is a health code violation, to the point where every restaurant has some, no matter how strict they are about staying on top of that.

That said, some places care more than others. I work at P.F. Chang's and I know we average 2-10 points off on health code violations (usually 3-4 different 2 point violations, which is stuff like having anything in front of a handsink, or not having sani buckets refilled every hour) and we try REALLY hard to stay on top of everything, but a perfect score is near impossible.

Now from what a friend has told me, a place like Golden Corral (at least the one he was at) averaged 70-90 points off the health code examinations.

Now Fast Foods.... ooooohhh boy... They don't really care too much about health codes. They stay just above the legal requirements to stay operational. Everyone knows the stuff they serve is really unhealthy and no one cares, so they have very little incentive to stay on top of health code laws, and the employees don't get paid enough to care.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
As a restaurant employee, I have to tell you literally everything is a health code violation, to the point where every restaurant has some, no matter how strict they are about staying on top of that.

That said, some places care more than others. I work at P.F. Chang's and I know we average 2-10 points off on health code violations (usually 3-4 different 2 point violations, which is stuff like having anything in front of a handsink, or not having sani buckets refilled every hour) and we try REALLY hard to stay on top of everything, but a perfect score is near impossible.

Now from what a friend has told me, a place like Golden Corral (at least the one he was at) averaged 70-90 points off the health code examinations.

Now Fast Foods.... ooooohhh boy... They don't really care too much about health codes. They stay just above the legal requirements to stay operational. Everyone knows the stuff they serve is really unhealthy and no one cares, so they have very little incentive to stay on top of health code laws, and the employees don't get paid enough to care.
But you should care about what you're getting fed and how they're making it. I don't get people sometimes man i swear at SOME point the employee should ask themselves "Is this really okay?". I don't know what's worse the fact that people still eat there or that the fast food places are still in business after reading this. Well i know where i'm never taking my kids, you know if i ever have any.:troll:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
But you should care about what you're getting fed and how they're making it. I don't get people sometimes man i swear at SOME point the employee should ask themselves "Is this really okay?". I don't know what's worse the fact that people still eat there or that the fast food places are still in business after reading this. Well i know where i'm never taking my kids, you know if i ever have any.:troll:
Oh I hear you; I steer clear of fast foods for this reason.

That said I don't know if you've ever met fast food employees... They're not usually the type to be concerned about what they're feeding you as long as they can get paid and are not actively killing you.

Thankfully in my experience actual restaurants are not like that.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Oh I hear you; I steer clear of fast foods for this reason.

That said I don't know if you've ever met fast food employees... They're not usually the type to be concerned about what they're feeding you as long as they can get paid and are not actively killing you.

Thankfully in my experience actual restaurants are not like that.
It's sad really. Yea money is nice but knowing that i'm working at a restaurant that's making people sick because the food was uncooked or it fell on the floor would make me feel terrible and i would just quit. Money is not worth causing people physical pain imo. I guess i thought fast food places were better than that but apparently i was wrong. Thank god for actual restaurants.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Upper cutter beats superspeed. That just made me excited. Could it also beat bouncing fish and monkey flip?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
My first job was at Subway and there wasn't actually anything gross about it, so there's a place to go if you're looking for "fast" food!
Also customer service obviously depends on where you are.
Upper cutter beats superspeed. That just made me excited. Could it also beat bouncing fish and monkey flip?
Yeah, why wouldn't it? It's a fast, disjointed move. Bouncing Fish has a disjoint at the kick, but it's very tiny, compared to Kirby's obvious sword. I don't see why Monkey Flip would win either. Now you just need fast reactions to make it work.

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
I ended up rage-quitting against a Thunder-spamming (never used an aerial, only Thunder), roll-spamming, Smash-spamming (no jab nor tilt) Pikachu on FG and ended up rage quitting because of it. Instead of looking for mistakes, I simply quit. I just feel awful right now, borderline useless in competitive Smash. =(

Dessa

Smash Journeyman
I used to work at Noodles and Company and they were hella clean. You want a good test? Look at the soda pop nozzles. Like bend over and look up into em (or just unscrew them if you're like germphobic or something). Pop machines can get really cruddy without regular maintenance, and a store that tries to just LOOK clean won't bother with the nozzles much. If a store's public area is dirty in general though, you can be assured that the kitchen is dirtier.

Which isn't to say you'll get sick there. Honestly, your body can handle a little but of junk here and there. But if you can see a cutting board, just watch and see how they handle raw meat. If somebody is handling raw meat, then touching anything cooked or anything that touches anything cooked, don't eat there. You don't want to **** with salmonella. That's some nasty ****.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
I actually never thought to do that before. But i did notice that when my mom took me to mcdonalds yesterday to buy a milkshake which is like one of the only decent things there i saw a family eating burgers at a table and noticed they had so much grease in the burger it was on their buns and had some on the plastic too. It actually made me lose my appetite a bit since they were pretty messy and had grease all over their faces. Is this just a mcdonalds thing or do all burger places have ridiculous amounts of grease in the patties? GOT **** IT DARK CRAFTER YOU HAD ONE HIT POINT LEFT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:mad:! Sorry about that i was playing rainbow curse, fun game what do you guys think about? I love the remixes.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
I ended up rage-quitting against a Thunder-spamming (never used an aerial, only Thunder), roll-spamming, Smash-spamming (no jab nor tilt) Pikachu on FG and ended up rage quitting because of it. Instead of looking for mistakes, I simply quit. I just feel awful right now, borderline useless in competitive Smash. =(
Don't feel bad man it happens to me to i play against a really crappy player and they beat me. But remember it's FG so take those losses with a grain of salt since i'm sure you know how dumb wifi is.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
MikeKirby went HAM on a Diddy just now. Footstool the first stock, dair the second. Way too hype.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
He took the game winning U-Air during a hit confirm dash attack.

I'm sorry, Mike, but LOL.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
He did a what in the who?
Sounds like I missed some tournament action, I hope Kirby won and is a good character with customs!
And also that Mewtwo comes out soon

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
He did a what in the who?
Sounds like I missed some tournament action, I hope Kirby won and is a good character with customs!
And also that Mewtwo comes out soon
Mike tried to HOO and got HAH'd, to my understanding.

D

Deleted member

Hello Kirby mains!

I just want to say that I secondary Kirby in Smash 4 and I think that I am pretty good as him. I absolutely love how he plays in this game; his dash attack, up tilt, down tilt, down aerial, and back aerial are by far my favorite moves. I do have some knowledge of how to play as Kirby since I used to secondary him in Brawl (and I was OK with him there, but I managed to get a 40%-60% combo with him).

It's just a major shame that he got nerfed with how his throws can't follow up and I am not a major fan of the Hammer Flip. Regardless, I am pretty satisfied by how he plays.

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
Back Throw and Up Throw definitely got buffed, but it is a shame about his Forward Throw. You can get very good combos depending on the character with it, but it isn't nearly as effective. Welcome aboard, regardless!
(Let's not talk about his Down Throw. ._.)

Top Bottom