• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
Good stuff @ SapphSabre777 SapphSabre777 ! Thanks for the dittos the other day, which gave me a deeper insight on what Kirby has in his arsenal. I'm pretty awful, but I hope to improve from there!
Not a problem, Ken! I'll be glad to help you out when I have the opportunity and urge to play again!

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
Cool, that's my third favorite Kirby game, keep us updated, please and thank you.
Kirby's Air Ride was/is a great game with offline friends, especially City Trial. I've played it for years now, definitely a go-to.
Not to mention how similar the interface is to Melee (for good reason).
I've started a YT channel about my finds in that game. I found something nobody else did (as far as my knowledge goes);

Random Did You Know Kirby Fact: Did you know Kirby Air Ride's Top Ride Mode has an unused item?

I wouldn't want to advertise too much around here..

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
It's not my favorite Kirby game, but as far as underrated gems in the series are concerned, Dream Land 3 shines the most. I looooooove that game. The visuals, the animals, the secrets, 100%'ing it, all such a blast. It's like Dream Land 2 but improved in so many ways.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I really feel like going for a group as I'd like to read more thoughts on the character, while also preventing myself from being bored of of my mind.

Therefore, I'd like to start a Server on Discord (if it's free). If anyone would like that, lemme know.

Discord has also updated their policy, so there's nothing yo worry about. I want to move away from skype and discord is really my only option.

Edit: Made it anyways. Whatevs.
https://discord.gg/0WVhq5ia3jNuKAWB

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
It's not my favorite Kirby game, but as far as underrated gems in the series are concerned, Dream Land 3 shines the most. I looooooove that game. The visuals, the animals, the secrets, 100%'ing it, all such a blast. It's like Dream Land 2 but improved in so many ways.
I actually really enjoyed the game, but I'd never 100% it again. I had to go online to even look up what I'm even supposed to do for those missions, missions were a mixed bag at best for me.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Still, I've always found 100% completing Kirby games (except maybe Super Star, but the arena was great) to be pretty fun.
It helps that almost every Kirby game feels pretty different somehow, besides the DL Trio. (Which IMO perfected the Kirby series before leading off into the others).

Also @ Schiffe Schiffe has some neat stuff on their YT, if you're interested. That item was pretty cool, though Top Ride wasn't my favorite mode, even if it did the fast-paced top-down racing aspect pretty well.

Last edited:

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
The missions for the second level in each world (specific copy ability with specific animal friend) were pretty bad in Dream Land 3, but otherwise the whole game is a blast. And it's SO PRETTY~

I try to 100% them all, as far as the platformers go I think the only one that really bothered me was Epic Yarn, but that was only getting all the fabrics and winning those minigames. Getting hidden things was the best part of the levels themselves, I think.

(Except for the fact that they're all SUPER CUTE)

Last edited:

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Now that i think about it I really wish they had made Kirby's dash attack the normal kirby slide dash move from his games as opposed to the yoyo spin move that he does

Also in comparison to similar moves like DK and Mario's Bair how dirs Kirby's stack up?

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I posted my hup cancel video to reddit, and i just recently read the reddit comments and they were saying that its an old and useless tech because it was just an auto cancel that every character can do lmao.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Im done, I just came back home and saw that the hup cancel video was front page on smashboards. I dont even... I mean, thanks for whoever told smashcapps to put it up there. But this came out of left field for me lol.:estatic:

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
No mention of me in the hup cancel news ;_;7

Also, now everybody knows about it! We want Kirby to get buffed, not nerfed!

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
My B :psycho:

Also that combo video tho, I still get impressed by some of the combos, and some combos make me cringe so hard.. I dont even know why I put them in there (like the one edgeguarding ness, wtf was that lmao) (also, Brawl ledge magnets ftw, he grabbed that ledge from deep lmao).

Edit: I just rewatched it, I feel like I played so fearless back then. Probably because I didn't know what was good or bad, I just did what I wanted. Now I just play way more safe and less aggro lol. I need to get back to playing like that.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
My B :psycho:

Also that combo video tho, I still get impressed by some of the combos, and some combos make me cringe so hard.. I dont even know why I put them in there (like the one edgeguarding ness, wtf was that lmao) (also, Brawl ledge magnets ftw, he grabbed that ledge from deep lmao).

Edit: I just rewatched it, I feel like I played so fearless back then. Probably because I didn't know what was good or bad, I just did what I wanted. Now I just play way more safe and less aggro lol. I need to get back to playing like that.
I feel ya, I tend to go all out vs. people who can't put on a good neutral, but I feel it's a habit I need to break as it runs me into bad situations against opponents who play bait and punish. It's definitely a huge weakness for me though, switching playstyles on a dime that is. I generally play best defensively when the situation calls for it, though.

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
Yo, MikeKirby and Devon3000 just beat Jtails and Wes with double Kirby. It was hype.

Edit: They just beat Mr. E and Zorai's double Sheik, too, confirming their spot in grand finals. It's at twitch.tv/ninjalink.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That was a great tournament. Although it was just friendlies at most since I got eliminated early in a Kirby Ditto.

I took a game off dill and handled the other two pretty good as he switched luigi. I broke his sheild, I used Sing > Rest, I took his last stock with a footstool and so forth. I thought it'd be difficult fighting Wes and Jash, but it was actually ok. Now, the biggest problem of mines is that I can never get into the Ness match-up with kirby properly. I always fall for the auto-pilot method. :/

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
That was a great tournament. Although it was just friendlies at most since I got eliminated early in a Kirby Ditto.

I took a game off dill and handled the other two pretty good as he switched luigi. I broke his sheild, I used Sing > Rest, I took his last stock with a footstool and so forth. I thought it'd be difficult fighting Wes and Jash, but it was actually ok. Now, the biggest problem of mines is that I can never get into the Ness match-up with kirby properly. I always fall for the auto-pilot method. :/
Oiy, Ness. I sorta don't like the Ness MU for Kirbs either because fair is really annoying to get around as Kirby due to his aerials and air mobility not being fast enough to punish him for it, wherease with Mario/Doc I can kinda sneak in some hits with uair if spaced well enough. If there's one thing to note I guess, is that Ness' neutral game is sort of below average, and given his midrange is kinda lacking (PK Fire can be spot dodged or PS'd), I feel Kirby can kinda inch his way in slowly enough without feeling too pressured to get hit by some burst option that's difficult to react to, like Falcon.

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Now, the biggest problem of mines is that I can never get into the Ness match-up with kirby properly. I always fall for the auto-pilot method. :/
For some reason, fighting Ness doesn't really phase me. Maybe it's because of how much I played Ness before Lucas had come out, so I pretty much know most of his tricks.

SapphSabre777 SapphSabre777 when will we have more MU threads open up?

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Triple R is on....... and he beat the crap out of a Rosa. I will edit for all of his games.

Edit 1:Holy crap he got a fully-charged hammer on that Rosa.... P.S. it was Shy Dude. 2-0 for triple r.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Okay, so, I want somebody to play aganist me and tell me what I should improve my Kirby on.

YOU HAVE TO USE ANOTHER CHARACTER THOUGH. I am absolute CRAP in Kirby dittos.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm not the greatest player or anything but I main MK and R.O.B. over Kirby and while the other characters I use are less skilled than my Kirby, I do use a lot so I could play ya...that being said, I'm not sure I'd be able to tell you how to improve so the best I might be able to do is record our matches and post them here or the video thread assuming we have one.

All of the characters I use: :4bowser::4charizard::4dedede::4greninja::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4mario::4marth::4pikachu::4pit::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4tlink::4yoshi::4palutena::4falcon::4lucina::4robinf::4metaknight::4shulk::4darkpit::4drmario::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4ness::4rob::4mewtwo::4feroy:
Mind you, my skill with each of these characters ranges from meh like with Bowser to somewhat decent with the likes of MK and R.O.B.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I'm not the greatest player or anything but I main MK and R.O.B. over Kirby and while the other characters I use are less skilled than my Kirby, I do use a lot so I could play ya...that being said, I'm not sure I'd be able to tell you how to improve so the best I might be able to do is record our matches and post them here or the video thread assuming we have one.

All of the characters I use: :4bowser::4charizard::4dedede::4greninja::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4mario::4marth::4pikachu::4pit::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4tlink::4yoshi::4palutena::4falcon::4lucina::4robinf::4metaknight::4shulk::4darkpit::4drmario::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4ness::4rob::4mewtwo::4feroy:
Mind you, my skill with each of these characters ranges from meh like with Bowser to somewhat decent with the likes of MK and R.O.B.
What's your Nintendo Network ID?

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Well ZeRo fought his way out of losers and took Big House 5. I believe if there's no more major tournaments this year, this means ZeRo has been able to go undefeated for a whole year.

PS: Seagull Joe was confirmed to be a total fraud. LOL Seriously though, while did a good job winning, there's no way ZeRo was at his best when he won that. Now ANTi winning would have been something.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
No offense to Freegull, but when I heard that he beat Zero I am convinced almost anyone who is actually good could do the same thing... at least at the moment.

And I know Seagull name searches a lot, so inb4 he comes in here and calls all Kirbys frauds that have no right to call him Free since we couldn't beat Zero. :018:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
I just bought this t-shirt cause I thought it was great, and thought I'd let you guys know about it. :grin:

(hope this is the right place for stuff like this.)

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
In terms of the recent patch, i know a lot of the kirby mains have voiced their grief over what it may hold in store for kirby but
honestly i really don't get it... is everyone upset because of the fact that we can't react as fast out of shield or because we can't play as defensively anymore?

D

Deleted member

So yeah, I thought I'd introduce myself here.

Name's Felix, I've been consistently maining the whole Dream Land crew (Kirby, MK and Dedede boyssss) since Brawl as I'm pretty passionate about the Kirby series. I haven't started playing Smash competitively until early this year, so I'm not that good so far but I do my best to strive and improve. I also main Kirby in 64, but the times I play that game are pretty rare. Melee Kirby... let's not talk about Melee Kirby.

So yeah, hi! Hope I'll find a place here.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
In terms of the recent patch, i know a lot of the kirby mains have voiced their grief over what it may hold in store for kirby but
honestly i really don't get it... is everyone upset because of the fact that we can't react as fast out of shield or because we can't play as defensively anymore?
Its because the meta will change from a shield based meta to a movement based meta. Since Kirby is slow, people staying in place with their shield really helped Kirby's "neutral". In 3 or so months when no one sits in shield and masters movement Kirby wont be able to catch anyone, our Dair indirectly get worse, and opponents are safer on our shield so grab in general (also because shield will be less common) will be less viable. We're gonna have to outplay people harder, and powershield almost everything, to even achieve what we had pre-patch.

But it might not look like this at first because no one plays the Kirby matchup right so they might still try to shield or challenge Dairs, or stand there and whiff something so they can get grabbed. If someone actually played "lame" against Kirby they matchup would be hard af regardless of the character unless the character is either slower than Kirby or cant play "lame" effectively.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Well ZeRo fought his way out of losers and took Big House 5. I believe if there's no more major tournaments this year, this means ZeRo has been able to go undefeated for a whole year.

PS: Seagull Joe was confirmed to be a total fraud. LOL Seriously though, while did a good job winning, there's no way ZeRo was at his best when he won that. Now ANTi winning would have been something.
F you. I just beat M2k 2 weeks prior in PM. It's not like I'm bad.
No offense to Freegull, but when I heard that he beat Zero I am convinced almost anyone who is actually good could do the same thing... at least at the moment.

And I know Seagull name searches a lot, so inb4 he comes in here and calls all Kirbys frauds that have no right to call him Free since we couldn't beat Zero. :018:
:018:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you guys are trash-talking him then he kinda has every right to call you all out on your ****. Simple as tbh :v

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
We're gonna have to outplay people harder, and powershield almost everything, to even achieve what we had pre-patch.
So then the patch demands that we become better as players in terms of how we play, move, and think as kirby mains? I can understand how this is like a slap in the face to a lot of what we've worked towards but personally I'm excited to see what we'll bring to the table in the future. I mean very few kirby's that I see utilize perfect pivoting in the way that other characters do, granted kirby's dash length isn't nearly as long as the characters who really benefit off of it but it's still something that we don't do, sure we won't be able to throw out moves like dair out as much anymore but I mean with the patch that nerfed diddy they found a way around that, granted Diddy has better approach options than Kirby but they had to change their entire playstyle around to stay viable. Why couldn't we do the same?

Last edited:

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Do what? I've namesearched for 7 years now. No point in navigating on SWF otherwise.

:018:
Good point. But seriously. Let's be honest. I am not going to call you a bad player as no bad player would be able to take a stock off ZeRo, much less beat him. You're an awesome player. But after watching how ZeRo played on the final day of BH5, can you say with a straight face that ZeRo was at his best when you won? I wasn't really trying to claim that you're not a skilled player so much as making the point ZeRo probably wasn't feeling himself when you beat him.

But then again I bet few players would even be able to beat him when he wasn't feeling good and I guess my comment was uncalled for, so I apologize.

Top Bottom