• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

Triple R

Smash Lord
When to a local on Friday night.

Got 1st out of 21 entrants.
http://challonge.com/GNG3DS

Characters I played against were Jigglypuff, Palutena, Robin, Greninja, Sheik, Yoshi, Shulk, Metaknight, and Little Mac. Quite the variety.

Got 1st of 8 teams
http://challonge.com/3DSTeams

Also sitting with a 92% win ration in For Glory. Feeling pretty comfortable and good about Kirby right now.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
62% percent, please teach me your ways, RRR-Sempai.

Edit--

Oh damn, this now reminds me to make a tourney results thread for players. Do you want me to make one?

Last edited:

Cam~

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2257-7738
Uhm, hi there. I've been lurking the Kirby forum for a while now, and I've been reading about all of these awesome things you guys do, and since I'm a Toon Link/ Kirby main I was wondering if maybe one of you could teach me how to do all of these combos and techniques? I have decent experience with Kirby overall and I'm able to do D-Air combos and such, but sometimes it's just not enough. I would greatly appreciate any tips, or even better, some mirror matches. Also, I apologize if this is not the right place to post this kind of message; I'm new to Smashboards.

Thank you all. :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Gameplay changes usually don't happen until 1.1 or 1.2 unless something game-breaking is happening.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I was wondering if anyone wanted to play and be my Kirby coach? Looking to improve.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'll add you tomorrow and play sometime :O I also need to play Mr. Fuzztiger because we added each other a while ago but still haven't played. And maybe anyone else? I'll do some Kirby dittos but I also play a couple other characters semi-competently so that might help too, idk. It's especially helpful because I know Kirby's weaknesses by heart so I'll have no trouble abusing them :p

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'll add you tomorrow and play sometime :O I also need to play Mr. Fuzztiger because we added each other a while ago but still haven't played. And maybe anyone else? I'll do some Kirby dittos but I also play a couple other characters semi-competently so that might help too, idk. It's especially helpful because I know Kirby's weaknesses by heart so I'll have no trouble abusing them :p
Yay! Thank you! I'll add you then as well and hope I improve, haha. I'll probably just get my butt kicked but I'll give it my best try anyway.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
When I was new to brawl I definitely improved by playing some of the good kirbys around here. And this game has even better wifi! Just imagine when the wiiu version gets here :D

Triple R

Smash Lord
I'll extend an invitation as well. If people want to add and/or play me, feel free to PM me and we can exchange FCs and stuff. Don't play a ton but definitely willing to put aside time if people want to play.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
(Also Triple R is better than me, I should play him too and learn things)
(Like I did years ago)

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'll extend an invitation as well. If people want to add and/or play me, feel free to PM me and we can exchange FCs and stuff. Don't play a ton but definitely willing to put aside time if people want to play.
0087-2454-4251 is my friend code. I'd like to play sometime :3

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
Yeah we do need to play! I'm trying to learn Ness too.

Maybe learning new things and getting better will get me out of my kirby funk.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was a bit bored and wanted to do some Smash related art so I decided to make some fake kirby hats of characters I would like to see as DLC. Granted, none of these characters will ever be DLC but I still enjoyed making them regardless.

And some more

And the last ones. Can you guess who they all are?

Attachments

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I was a bit bored and wanted to do some Smash related art so I decided to make some fake kirby hats of characters I would like to see as DLC. Granted, none of these characters will ever be DLC but I still enjoyed making them regardless.

And some more

And the last ones. Can you guess who they all are?
Needs more Impa. BUT BAYONETTA THOUGH

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Just a few more weeks until I can use F-Smash and B-Air as kill moves... it's so hard for me to do that with the Circle Pad using Kirby for some reason. T_T

☯ That being said, I keep spamming Stone Kirby too much, I don't know but I get a nice amount of my kills when my opponents jump after grabbing the edge.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hehe. I was doing the nintendodojo ladder and I had a good lagless match, so I kept playing. My next 2 opponents had extreme lag, so I was like "surely it can't be me." So I went to For Glory to test if other opponents were lagging, and of course I run into Zero and play him on his stream heh. He was playing Fox, I won the first game (gonna blame lag on that one) then he wont next 2, it was fun.
I feel like Fox is a good character but Kirby has a pretty good matchup against him. You can uptilt him so many times and avoid a lot of his moves pretty well. Greninja might not be as bad as I originally thought either, because you can uptilt him a ton too and get a lot of damage early on. Just have to watch out for his crazy upsmash.

http://www.twitch.tv/zero/b/583792971 3:19:38 I show up!

Last edited:

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
Copying a greninja is totally worth it too. I didn't feel bad out knocking a few of stage and sending them flying with fully charged shurikens

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah but the problem is he is really hard to copy. Greninjas are always moving around, and if you try to inhale them I'm pretty sure even their Jab beats it out :x

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
They can also bounce on our heads with down air after we copy them :(

Speaking of copying, sometimes I lose an ability immediately after getting it and then getting hit, which is frustrating. Especially when it's a nice ranged move I lose.

Last edited:

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
Yoshi and Rosa are nightmare match ups because I can't think of any safe approach and out ranges me in general.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
VINYL AND I HAVING SOME SUPER ULTRA EPIC KIRBY MATCHES ATM

CAN'T HANDLE

DUCK GAME 2 STRONG

HIHIHI

JAB JAB JAB

HUP

PIKMIN PLUCK PLS

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
And I got to go to bed. I've been awake for 3 days already and a 4th one is going to be really unhealthy for me.

Good games, mate. I just want you to know that I play for glory seriously the next time we meet.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
And I got to go to bed. I've been awake for 3 days already and a 4th one is going to be really unhealthy for me.

Good games, mate. I just want you to know that I play for glory seriously the next time we meet.
Lol, I don't really take For Glory seriously. That's why I just stood there for some matches, haha.

We can do friendlies, whenever you want, though.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
I know this is really off topic, but for anybody who watches Death Battle in here, Kirby is about to go against Buu from Dragon ball Z. What do you think his chances are of winning?

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
I think death battle is stupid, they cherry pick their info, as well as exaggerate aspects of characters, while ignoring other facts. They even throw in non-canonical stuff, assumptions, and wrong info.

They weren't even correct with their first Death Battle which was Samus vs. Fett, Samus is much more powerful than she was in the death battle. Also a Nintendo character vs a Dragon Ball Z character? DBZ characters are many levels higher of broken and ridiculous.

I'm saying Kirby doesn't stand a chance.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I think death battle is stupid, they cherry pick their info, as well as exaggerate aspects of characters, while ignoring other facts. They even throw in non-canonical stuff, assumptions, and wrong info.

They weren't even correct with their first Death Battle which was Samus vs. Fett, Samus is much more powerful than she was in the death battle. Also a Nintendo character vs a Dragon Ball Z character? DBZ characters are many levels higher of broken and ridiculous.

Kirby could just eat him to take his overpowered stuffs.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice

Don't take them too seriously, it's all in good fun anyway. However, if Kirby does beat Buu, it proves that Kirby will be op in this game lol.

Top Bottom