• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby.. More Powers More Pwn

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well today we were given Dedede's update and with it I just was wondering if they could incorporate some of Kirby's old powers from Kirby's Dreamland (I think it was that game.) What I'm saying is he could get more powers than just the ordinary character's, from different enemies that could be incorporated. One of these powers could be from Waddle Doo, who was presented in Dedede's moveset.

As soon as he was posted I got to thinking that I really hoped Kirby would have the ability to use his power much like he had in the past. I remember vaguely what the power looked like and did, it was a yellow and red jester hat on his head and he had the abiity to shoot electricity much like Waddle Doo is doing in the picture, i couldn't find any pictures on google of the hat.

Anyway, maybe if more of these kinds of enemies were incorporated Kirby could steal their powers, it doesn't seem too far fetched?

Django_EXE

Smash Apprentice
Take route 666 west, then drive 13 miles past meph
Yeah it would be nice, but I doubt it. In a perfect world Kirby would be able to suck up (almost) anything and get a power, I'ld be even happy if he could suck up a fire flower, and instead have a fire hat instead of the flower, and the same with sword and laser gun, but it wouldn't work (lazy graphics team:mad:).

(btw Kirby's Dreamland was the first kirby game, but the 2nd game: Kirby's Adventure was the first kirby game with copy powers. It was later remade into Kirby: Nigtmare in Dreamland, so maybe you thought K:NmiDL was a remake of K'sDL)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
As much as I would like to see Kirby's hats finally show up in Brawl, we'll probably have to make do with "Mario" Kirby, "Link" Kirby, etc. Though it's still a possibility that Kirby will be able to Swallow projectiles, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, and more. :)

BTW:

Khopstix

Smash Rookie
I think that this is a GREAT idea. Mainly because I think it might happen. So far Brawl has surprised me with alot of items and characters I wouldn't think of in a million years so anything could happen. We still have till Feb 10 to find out keep your fingers crossed

Django_EXE

Smash Apprentice
Take route 666 west, then drive 13 miles past meph
I think that this is a GREAT idea. Mainly because I think it might happen. So far Brawl has surprised me with alot of items and characters I wouldn't think of in a million years so anything could happen. We still have till Feb 10 to find out keep your fingers crossed
I'll only have to wait for January 24, cause I got a freind whose got a japanese pen pal, who sells him games for just a little extra than the cost, plus shipping, and my freind owes me a favor.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Kirby has an amazing amount of potential, so much that Sakurai can't fit it all in. Maybe with the next installment (There WILL be one, or I'll kill all of Tokyo.) Custom Moves will be available, with kirby having access to his standard, hammer, sword, cutter, beam, parasol, fighter, suplex, and all those other classic powers.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
kirbys sucking ability would be cool sucking items like say there was a mic get mic kirby and annoy the **** out of people... but keep his forward b when doing it i love his hammer

Sakurai did mention Kirby's wing ability... I think kirby will be able to suck up attacks and turn into some of his original forms...
Ex:
Kirby sucks up mario's fire balls and turns into fire kirby
Kirby sucks up peach's turnips and turns into parasol kirby
Kirby sucks up ice climber's ice throw move and turns into ice kirby
Kirby sucks up samus' energy shot and turns into laser kirby

The possibilities are endless

Top Bottom