• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby knocked out of Final Cutter, Loses Jumps?

SSS

Smash Ace
It's happened to me a couple of times. I'll only use one or two jumps, use final cutter, then get knocked out of it, losing every jump I had. The only thing is, I don't have anyone to play with right now, and it's hard to replicate on my own, so I'm not 100% sure if this is legit or if I'm just miscounting my jumps. Can someone test this/has anyone experienced this before?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
This is supposed to happen. It's intentionally programmed in- it happens for every multi-jump character, in fact, for every character. For most it's not an issue because you'll use your only jump before up-b. It was like this in melee as well.

Ginge

Smash Ace
It's just unfortunately limiting for Kirby, as it makes it extremely pointless to use Up+B before using up all your jumps. So even if it takes you 1 out of the 5 extra jumps to get within Up+B of the stage, you're better off using 3 jumps to recover and save the 2 jumps and Cutter in case you get knocked off.

Of course, there's no point saving puffs if you're dead.

Ginge

Smash Ace
It's just weird that it happens with the horizontal one, since you can usually keep jumping if you're NOT hit out of it.
Careful, they might change how Kirby is when he's NOT hit out of it to match the normal cutter. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom