• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Everything -- Kirby Social Thread

Rizner

Smash Ace
It's neither. Significantly higher than Melee's. I don't really have a frame of reference for Brawl's so I'm afraid I can't really help you in relation to that.
Ah, ok. Seemed pretty good in the stream to me.

Sorry for double post on phone and too much work to edit in

himemiya

Smash Lord
OMG MY KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3<3
In the vid it looks like kirby still has the vbrawl nair, I thought everyone including the pmbr was digging for the n64 nair, what prompt them to change it back? I honestly thought they would for dash attack they'd do something like have him spin around using the deafault nair's animations with stars following him. Ether way can't wait to main kirby.

Doq

Smash Lord
TheDash attack looked so bad - seemed like it was put in as a for melee type of thing. Would much prefer the brawl one.
64 DA ftw. I could combo into DSmash with that back in the day. But it is what it is. If I know the PMBR (and I do... sort of) then the DA has some use in play.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
ohk...um the dash attack is wonderful and TERRIBLE all at the same time. I looked at the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge opening if its guarded and mann that is the biggest free punish ive ever seen.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Can't wait to play kirby, now things are about to get real.

But I hope that they fix the dash attack. And I wanna see 64 nair and u-tilt :D

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I wish they made Kirby's d-air how it was in 64 it was so good in that lol, also I still say the dash attack should've been a slightly buffed version of brawl's but oh well, still going to love playing as that pink ball of death

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
TheDash attack looked so bad - seemed like it was put in as a for melee type of thing.
I think the thought process was that they liked how it could slide off of the edge. I guess this because they added that property to DK Dash-attack, and specifically mentioned Kirby's dash-attack in Melee.

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
So with Kirby now in PM does anyone have any good Kirby songs that would fit on Green Greens or Dreamland 64? I just can't find a song that just matches perfectly with those stages. Also I'm very excited to see how Kirby's Swallow has been changed and what abilities he gets from each character now.

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
So with Kirby now in PM does anyone have any good Kirby songs that would fit on Green Greens or Dreamland 64? I just can't find a song that just matches perfectly with those stages. Also I'm very excited to see how Kirby's Swallow has been changed and what abilities he gets from each character now.
There are some Kirby songs in the game, Green Greens (I think), Gourmet Race, but I think that there should be more, especially as Halberd has a pretty nice song selection, so good tunes aren't hard to find.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad they went with an improved version of the melee dash attack. I was hoping for an improved melee air-hammer, too, but beggars can't be choosers.

So, I missed the 3.0 stream. Are there any other glaringly huge changes that weren't covered in the demo video, like Kirby can't jump "wario-shoulderbash" style with his dash attack or anything, can he?

himemiya

Smash Lord
I have eurobeat remixies for me. Well there seems to be a lot of techno remixies of kirby. You just gotta take time out of your day to go through that youtube search. What kind of genre are you going for anyways?

Doq

Smash Lord
On my Dreamland I have GM64 and (when I got the BRSTM) an untitled song from Kirby's Dream Collection. I'll find it for you if you're interested.

jtm94

Smash Lord
I have some Kirby Dubstep on Green Greens and it's awesome.
The main things I'm looking forward too are how the final cutter fully works and what if anything they tweaked about downB

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
I already have a lot of techno songs so I'd like something that's a little more nostalgic to the games. Something that isn't a lot of noise like metal or techno. I am looking for something a little calmer yet still very much Kirby.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I played some of the Pink Puffball last friday and she was alright, albeit a bit basic. What's your guys take on Kirby as a character? Why do you play her? What really draws you into her style?

In my experience with her she just seems too straight forward, which I'm surprised to find is the word I use considering I play the king of the all arounders Mario, but Kirby didn't have anything to make me scream like a little girl. I mean, Kirby feels good now. Solid normals, good combo potential, amazing off stage game, but it just seems to unflashy.

Also if you guys have any questions about Kirby, I did get in a good amount of time with her before I moved back to the other newcomers, so feel free to ask about any of her moves/ trades/ speeds/ etc.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Kirbys down b needs a compromise between usefulness and KO power. how about hitting a grounded opponent does the normal KO knock back strength and hitting air born enemies does the weak KB?

GeZ

Smash Lord
Kirbys down b needs a compromise between usefulness and KO power. how about hitting a grounded opponent does the normal KO knock back strength and hitting air born enemies does the weak KB?
I was using it to get back to the ground more quickly when I was playing. If it pinged someone on the way down it was free damage, and it cancelled relatively quickly.

GeZ

Smash Lord
A Jiggs wannabe with no rest/flash?
Pffffft
Who needs it/her? ;)
Kirby just seems too straightforward to me. Nothing against the character really, I just can't stand a character who has no flash. *gestures unobtrusively to avatar*

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Kirby always felt most natural to me out of every character in melee, which is why I played Kirby there. I'm hoping it's the same with PM Kirby. Plus, I love spamming "HIII".

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I just realized something, Dr. Mario shoots pills while normal Mario shoots fire. So what is Kirby going to shoot when he swallows Dr. Mario?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
psh, yeah i know i was wrong

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Thats not what I meant. I assumed everyone would know what I meant but I guess not.

To clarify this, 2.5 Sonic was broken... yes... But other people used Sonic and it was perfectly okay, maybe just slightly overpowered. It wasnt until Wizzy came in and defeated people like Mew2King, Unknown522, and Hungrybox's puff that people found it to be "broken."

So yeah, Kirby will be broken, but I'll be the only one to abuse his broken-ness.... ;)

I get what you're saying, it's just wrong man. Even if Wizzy hadn't shown it off and thrashed everyone, which he's still doing by the way, Sonic still would have gotten nerfs because he was inherently broken. Kirby has no aspects that can be represented as broken. Kirby plays consistent, which is cool, and has a fun style, but no tool of Kirby's will ever scream broken. I'd rather you said "I'm going to find the crazy tech and get my game as consistent as Mango" than what you did say, because it implies players abilities to break aspects of the balancing, when that has to inherently exist for the player to abuse it.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I was that much of a noob? lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom