• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Down-B Glitch?

Aquabat727

Smash Rookie
Okay; this "Glitch" will have no use what-so ever but I thought it was cool.

I was messing around with Kirby on Pictochat and I happened to do my Down B near the edge in hopes of grabbing the edge, but instead i landed on the little angled part of the edge (The part that makes a 45 Degree angle). Basically the rock couldn't decide whether to slide off the edge or stay put so it kept making the "Hitting the Ground" animation. Basically you were invincible...I was facing a CPU at the time but I would imagine that if you can't be harmed by Aerials and you can't be approached (To Grab), that you were invincible. I messed around with it a little bit and have yet to see it work anywhere else.

I could repeat it 90% of the time, but i suppose it doesn't matter considering Nobody will be using Pictochat or Kirby's Down B, not to mention the fact that you would be very vulnerable once the move ended. I guess i just thought it might make someone actually use his Down-B

And sorry that i have no video, or if this has already been discovered.

Grifflame

Smash Cadet
Actually I find myself using the down b every once in a while as a suprise kill move. It's just fast enough now to hit people even if they do see it in time.

soccerman

Smash Rookie
down B is a great move. Obviously if float really high above someone, they will know whats coming. But if your in a fast paced fight with lots of dodging, you can jump just over your opponents head and use downB and they wont know what hit them

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
It's for the mindgames.

I think it's more of a physics thing than glitch though. Like Chrono said, he's teetering.

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
I actually have killed people with Kirby's Down+B in this game, I find it to be just fast enough to do so here.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
It's for the mindgames.

I think it's more of a physics thing than glitch though. Like Chrono said, he's teetering.
I don't think the makers meant for that to be there =/. But yeah I tried it and it works ><. Your still possible to grab though, but you get hit if your too close.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
wat r u talking about not using his down b? i use it all the time! especially when an opponent's percentage is high because its an easy KO with it. if u mean u dont know how to cancel out afterwards, just press b again

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
This glitch is repeatable. I've made a stage with it before and found it a while ago, but no one could help me confirm this. All you need are slanted (left) platforms with a flat platform below it (not the one that connects to it). When using Down-B, you'll try to fall off the slant but it fails and does this glitch.
\
-

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Ok I actually tried this in a free for all and it's a lot better than I though lol. The whale at the middle of the stage appeared and a zelda/marth player came close to me and sliding between me and the whale and lost 108% at 0% ><. It hits so repeatedly o_o.

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
The great thing about the Stone this time around is that your nair and bair are very viable attacks right when you get out of the Stone animation. So even if you miss, you're still probably too dangerous for the opponent to attack without getting hit in the process.

pirkid

Smash Lord
wat r u talking about not using his down b? i use it all the time! especially when an opponent's percentage is high because its an easy KO with it. if u mean u dont know how to cancel out afterwards, just press b again
Your a funny.

The Stone is useful when the enemy is approaching with a UAir. Pure surprise.

GenericKen

Smash Cadet
I've used it mostly in public games over wifi.

If the match is going to be too laggy for me to fly out to edge guard, and too laggy for me to effectively approach swordsmen, then ****it, it's going to have to be too laggy for them to roll away from my stone. :)

Top Bottom