• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Cooks your Final Meal + Ashley's Entertainment

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
The song was meh... I hope we can choose between the two languages because the japanese version is way better.

As for the Kirby's FS, I was hoping for different super abilities but I like me Cook Kirby. ^_^

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I really like the japanese song. the english version really isn't that good. really isn't fitting for her character. shame I'm going to have to navigate through a bunch of japanese menus in order to listen to the good version of the song >_<....unless they let you change the version simply in MM.

looks like I predicted kirbys FS wrong D:. I thought he would just eat them after cooking them and spit them out.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Vocals for brawling-NO. I hope there is an instrumental version in the game, that would be cool.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
This is one of the worst songs I've ever had to listen to in my entire life. HORRIBLE. This one gets taken off my My Music page.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Very cool update!

But does anyone else get the feeling that Kirby's Cook Final Smash is going to be the deciding factor on getting the Smash Ball banned from tournaments? Unless they can be turned off... creating a maximum tomatoe (and probably a Heart piece) every time Kirby does his Final Smash is going to be quite overpowered. By that logic, if Kirby isn't allowed to use his Final Smash, No one is.

:(
On the other hand, if Final Smashes are considered a normal part of each character's moveset, Kirby's might just be the one move of his that balances him.
After all, a bunch of characters have "broken" moves, but it doesn't make a character (extremely) unfair to have only one or two of them.

Card

Smash Lord
On the other hand, if Final Smashes are considered a normal part of each character's moveset, Kirby's might just be the one move of his that balances him.
After all, a bunch of characters have "broken" moves, but it doesn't make a character (extremely) unfair to have only one or two of them.
I sort of thought that too... but you know... The community generally has absolutely 0 tolerance for Restorative Items...

That's what got me thinkin...

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
The more final smashes we see, the more I'm thinking they will be banned. If Kirby's FS stays true to it's origins, then it will affect everyone on the level. And if that happens, I'm going to have to use a word I never wanted to say: Broken. As cool as finishing a match with the Zero Laser would be, I just can't see an unavoidable character specific attack making it into tournaments. Also, does Kirby's FS obey the item switch, or does it spit out whatever it wants?

fatmactk

Smash Journeyman
In the trailers we only saw Kirby's final smash "hitting" one character, Mario. Does this give hope for Links FS hitting multiple characters?

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
kirby's fs did exactly what i thought itd do... but how much dmg do you think this does?

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
In the trailers we only saw Kirby's final smash "hitting" one character, Mario. Does this give hope for Links FS hitting multiple characters?
i don't c why it wouldnt hit multiple characters but they would probably need to be bunched together

Arubameleefan

Smash Cadet
I can just imagine..

If I play as Kirby, and say my buddy plays as Wario, and I get the Final Smash, I can 100% guarantee that Wario would not fit in the cooking pot! :) Lol! :laugh:

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm the only one who likes the english version of the song. It really isn't different than the japanese version except the woman doesn't have a super high-pitched voice. I'm guessing that this will be the song that will grow on you after a while.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
I sort of thought that too... but you know... The community generally has absolutely 0 tolerance for Restorative Items...

That's what got me thinkin...
Banned Final smash? Diddy's one delivers in restorative peanuts...

So, if we won't have the possibility to change this, FS will get banned on tournaments, because, as you say, recovery items aren't well received.

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
I only saw two people in the pot, so maybe Kirby's has a certain range (since there are ususaly four people in the pictures).
If one Final Smash gets banned (the one you guys are taking about, Diddy's), then of course, all of them will. We're almost positive that since you get Final Smash as an item, you can turn it off. But that means almost for certain that if the only way to use Zero Suit Samus is to use Samus' Final Smash, then ZSS won't be used in tournements. And I know people won't react well to that, especially since she's aguably the most hyped of the newcomers.
Finally, Brawl online tournements-I can't wait!

Conformal_Invariance

Smash Journeyman
On the border of Westminster and Arvada, CO, in a
I think I'm the only one who likes the english version of the song. It really isn't different than the japanese version except the woman doesn't have a super high-pitched voice. I'm guessing that this will be the song that will grow on you after a while.
I like it.

I suppose I prefer music in my native language, for the most part.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Music is catchy, and i've never played a warioware game so i wouldn't know how it's supposed to be

i'm just glad we finally got Kirby's final out of the way. now all we need is crawling and Mario Circuit before everything after HAS to be new. plus, I like Kirby's Final. a great tribute to the move in the Kirby series, but it's Sakurai so...

Fawriel

Smash Master
For the record, I do like the English version of the song. I just prefer the Japanese one.
I suppose the difference between the songs speaks for the different interpretation of young witches in the American and Japanese cultures...
The Japanese one is a creepy, silent girl, the American one is rather shrill and arrogant. Both have a certain charm to them.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I haven't listened to Ashley's song yet, but Kirby's Final Smash seems nifty. I think maybe doesn't do too much damage, so it spits out those Kirby game items to make up for it. Also, are we even sure that the Smash Ball is an item? It's not even listed as one yet...

GenG

Smash Lord
This raises another inevitable question:

Would they let us choose Japanese language? In enjoy much more the Japanese gothic-moe-loli than version the YES LET'S SING TOGETHER High School musical of the English version.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Has anyone not not noticed this in the update?

Once you take out the stock, your enemy gets blasted off.
The STOCK!!!! The pot takes off one stock and throws everyone out with one less life!!!!!

Best fs ever. Guaranteed KO even if they dont fly off the screen. And if they are already really damaged and you smash them out of the pot... YOU GET 2 KO'S IN ONE!!!!!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!

Im so glad my main Kirbs is going to have an awesome fs for brawl, seeing as he was nerfed for melee...

Whut

Smash Cadet
Has anyone not not noticed this in the update?

The STOCK!!!! The pot takes off one stock and throws everyone out with one less life!!!!!

Best fs ever. Guaranteed KO even if they dont fly off the screen. And if they are already really damaged and you smash them out of the pot... YOU GET 2 KO'S IN ONE!!!!!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!

Im so glad my main Kirbs is going to have an awesome fs for brawl, seeing as he was nerfed for melee...
I think Sakurai refers to the items and the character when he says 'stock'.
Not a life, because if that was true, then it would be way overpowered.

Ah, well, I'm glad the Final Smash for Kirby has been revealed! Awesome.
Now, I'm going to go play my rockem' sockem' robots.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
As a strange coincidence, my mp3 player, in random mode, decided to make me listen to the Ashley theme on my way back from school.
When I read the update, I was like "omg my mp3 player haz psychich powerzzz"
:dizzy:

Also, when I read about the "6+1 languages" part, I feared that the other songs were in their languages. And that you couldn't change the dong in the game. Hopefully, it is English everywhere. This song in French would just be stupid.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I wonder if Kirby would make any more items...or is it going to be those three items (Maximum Tomato ,Warp Star, and Superspicy Curry) that kiby made from the same game series he's from????

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Oh... no-one else thinks the stock comment was about lives... lol, oh well...

So does this mean the characters just... fly out of the pot and off the screen...?:confused::ohwell::dizzy::urg:

*confusion*
I think it just launches them....but not off the screen.. but. lets see if it did though....he sucks in everyone.....Boils them alive which damages them.....attack and healing items pop out....ppl are launched out sky high....then they die off thee screen....

that seems way overpowered.........:laugh:

Top Bottom