• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby 1.0.6 Patch Notes

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Confirmed so far
  • Less end lag on Inhale
  • Down Throw buffed to 10%
  • Up Smash and Down Smash have greater KO power
  • Less end lag on Hammer Flip

Last edited:

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
D-throw does more damage. It now does about 10 % damage instead of 6 %. Now I guess there might actually be a reason to use his D-throw.

sandmanahoy

Smash Rookie
Knockback seems about the same (but I could be completely wrong). I thought they were all way buffed at first too, then I realized all I'd been playing were Mewtwos and Mewtwo seems absurdly light...

Last edited:

pnoid

Smash Cadet
since we're posting here's my placebos nobody listed:
slightly faster aerials, except dair (decresed start up time)
first jump speed increase (might explain y i think aerials are faster, somebody test running shorthop distance)

I don't think they changed stone, or knockback on anything. Something feels better. Or it could be that i was practicing kirby too much :)

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Please, stop.

Nothing is changed whatsoever except default Inhale having less end lag, and D-Throw having more damage attached to it.

Hammer Bash jumps seem to go higher, which could be a result of jump height or aerial speed/acceleration/deceleration changes. That isn't confirmed, however.

The only other possible change is his mobility and copy abilities.

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
Please, stop.

Nothing is changed whatsoever except default Inhale having less end lag, and D-Throw having more damage attached to it.

Hammer Bash jumps seem to go higher, which could be a result of jump height or aerial speed/acceleration/deceleration changes. That isn't confirmed, however.

Are you sure inhale also doesn't have less startup? It totally felt like it had less startup along with less end lag. Everything else feels the same.

Poupoko

Smash Cadet
Inhale seems to have less lag. I was able to pull off jab1 -> jab2 -> inhale pretty seamlessly.
Also, I'm pretty confident that U-smash got a neat boost, and U-throw being marginally better as a KO move (but this one's a bit sketchy).

I posted what I found on the 3DS vs WiiU, but I'll just repost it here:

u-throw 191--> 180
f-smash 114 --> 110
u-smash 116 --> 100
b-throw 185 --> 173
b-air 141 --> 132
hammer (uncharged) 126 --> 122
(Testing on Mario on FD from respawning point)

EDIT: This comparison is kinda useless now.

Last edited:

pnoid

Smash Cadet
@Reserved
Please, stop.
What? Discussing Kirby on the Kirby forums? Even if we're wrong, compiled anecdotal evidence can lead us toward some items to test. This board needs more activity not less!

This is a very strong statement, how do you know aerials arent a single frame faster (in particular u-air, seems at least two of us now see someting there) ? what is your testing procedure?

Hammer Bash jumps seem to go higher
Well now who's speculating :)
I'd agree with aerial speed changes, particularly on the first jump.
(Edit: i think this is the sort of discussion we should be having, if not here then somewhere else more informal like an IRC channel...)

How are you asserting this? if there were a 1 frame change to any move how did you discredit that? If you have an opinion that's cool, but it looks like you're stating facts here.

Last edited:

sandmanahoy

Smash Rookie
Also, there's a strong chance (although I didn't test it due to everyone on FG being Mewtwo today) that Kirby no longer hovers in the air weirdly when shooting a Pit arrow after a throw, since they had fixed this in 1.0.5 on 3DS.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
From what I read, he moves faster when he is charging hammer
Usmash and Dsmash KO slightly sooner
And yea Dthrow doing 10% meaning his Fthrow may now be his most useless throw?

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
And yea Dthrow doing 10% meaning his Fthrow may now be his most useless throw?
Fthrow -> Fair works on some larger characters (DK, Bowser, R.O.B., maybe Ganon) at low %s but otherwise it seems pretty useless.

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
Fthrow -> Fair works on some larger characters (DK, Bowser, R.O.B., maybe Ganon) at low %s but otherwise it seems pretty useless.
On Ness you can fthrow -> fair -> bthrow -> bair. It's pretty nasty but is only possible at really low percents.

Last edited:

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
Hi, I'm here to say that the side B glitch with Olimar is still in. Default Hammer Flip results in Kirby's version of Pikmin Throw, while Hammer Bash and Giant Hammer result in Sticky Pikmin Throw and Tackle Pikmin Throw, respectively.

Last edited:

Imber

Smash Cadet
Man, It took weeks for me to train myself to stop using down throw...

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Inhale seems to have less lag on both ends. I was able to pull off jab1 -> jab2 -> inhale pretty seamlessly.
Also, I'm pretty confident that U-smash got a neat boost, and U-throw being marginally better as a KO move (but this one's a bit sketchy).

I posted what I found on the 3DS vs WiiU, but I'll just repost it here:

u-throw 191--> 180
f-smash 114 --> 110
u-smash 116 --> 100
b-throw 185 --> 173
b-air 141 --> 132

I honestly don't think F-smash or hammer changed that much, if at all.
Anyone else able to confirm?
Do the 3DS and Wii U stages have the same properties (ie. same ceiling height)? It's possible that these KO % differences are being caused by differences between the ceiling height.

raizur

Smash Cadet
NNID
raizur
3DS FC
4425-1652-3596
Do the 3DS and Wii U stages have the same properties (ie. same ceiling height)? It's possible that these KO % differences are being caused by differences between the ceiling height.
Most likely. Either way, I'd use those percentages as more of an average to what percent my opponent should be in order to land a kill. Smaller stages could also effect it, making it possible for Kirby to kill earlier. That is, however, if those numbers are right, which they seem to be.

Last edited:

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
Looks like Wave Cutter was untouched. I remember Sakurai saying that patching Customs was a thing he wanted to do, so I tested Wave Cutter, but it's... the same. :c

How do the rest of Kirby's customs look? I thought Upper Cutter got a smaller hitbox but I'm used to seeing it on WiiU, and I tested on 3DS, so I can't confirm.

u-throw 191--> 180
f-smash 114 --> 110
u-smash 116 --> 100
b-throw 185 --> 173
b-air 141 --> 132
I did, however, test this. I'm not sure if it was different in 1.0.5, and I tested this without Rage - Kirby was at 0% when performing the attacks. Uncharged Hammer Bash was inconsistent. Back Air did not KO at 132% (but it did at 133% so it was very minor). Back Throw did not KO at 173% - it didn't KO until somewhere between 175% and 178%. Everything else was right, though! None of these moves were staled and there was no DI involved, but like you, I tested on Mario on Final D from where he respawns.

Now, the question is, what percentages did these moves KO at in Version 1.0.5?

Last edited:

Poupoko

Smash Cadet
They should be the same, since I used the same stage and all. The 3DS and WiiU percents were the same before the patch, so there's no reason for them not be this time around. I can check on another 3DS, later though and find out.

Most likely. Either way, I'd use those percentages as more of an average to what percent my opponent should be in order to land a kill. Smaller stages could also effect it, making it possible for Kirby to kill earlier. That is, however, if those numbers are right, which they seem to be.
Right, and those numbers don't take rage into account, so the sweetspot of the U-smash looks like a lethal weapon now!

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
OH MY GOSH I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID. Wave Cutter got a buff - if you used Wave Cutter more than once to try and grab a ledge, Kirby would ignore the ledge and SD. That is now gone! It doesn't sound big, but it was a huge issue for Wave Cutter and I'm glad it's gone.

And I'm pretty sure Up Smash got buffed. Not sure by how much, but it definitely got buffed.

Poupoko

Smash Cadet
I did, however, test this. I'm not sure if it was different in 1.0.5, and I tested this without Rage - Kirby was at 0% when performing the attacks. Uncharged Hammer Bash was inconsistent. Back Air did not KO at 132% (but it did at 133% so it was very minor). Back Throw did not KO at 173% - it didn't KO until somewhere between 175% and 178%. Everything else was right, though! None of these moves were staled and there was no DI involved, but like you, I tested on Mario on Final D from where he respawns.

Now, the question is, what percentages did these moves KO at in Version 1.0.5?
I took the alternate approach!

I compared 3DS 1.0.5 and 1.0.6. Like @ Bribery Bribery (unfortunately) said, the bounds are different. Comparing the moves, practically nothing changed but U-smash (which is instead 116 --> 105).

Well, it's a letdown, but if there's anything anyone wants checked, I can try it.

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti

I compared 3DS 1.0.5 and 1.0.6. Like @ Bribery Bribery (unfortunately) said, the bounds are different. Comparing the moves, practically nothing changed, but U-smash (116 --> 105).

Well, it's a letdown, but if there's anything anyone wants checked, I can try it.
So u-smash got more kill power? Is that it?

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286

I compared 3DS 1.0.5 and 1.0.6. Like @ Bribery Bribery (unfortunately) said, the bounds are different. Comparing the moves, practically nothing changed but U-smash (which is instead 116 --> 105).

Oh well, at least Up-Smash got a nice buff.

Are you able to check if Hammer Flip actually has less end lag? If so, perhaps the custom Hammers also got the same change.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think they removed the glitch where Kirby would keep his facial expression after jumping out of hitstun while wearing a hat :(
as well as the dark pit floating bow glitch.

Did they really fix the Copy lack of hitstun/too much endlag? I tested it this morning (just the endlag part, couldn't test endlag by myself) and it seemed the same, but just now I tried it again with someone and wouldn't get hit by Greninja's Dair. If it's really gone then that's fantastic. Not that anybody ever took advantage of it, because apparently nobody knows the Kirby matchup.

Nilloce

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nilloce
3DS FC
3668-8417-8470
Is it just me or does Kirby's air mobility seem SLIGHTLY higher, probably just Imagination. On a real note, I'm really glad to see all these buffs. Thank you Daddy Sakurai.

pnoid

Smash Cadet
Between the two I'm getting:
U-smash (116 --> 105)
D-smash (119 --> 114)

Everything else is the same so far.
That's still awesome though! shows they paid attention to our little round friend.

So we have confirmed:
Usmash buff
Dsmash buff
Dthrow buff
Inhale buff X2 (endlag and opponent trajectory)
Wavecutter buff (now grabs the ledge, wasnt before according to kirbyfan66)

Things multiple people are speculating on:
Air speed on first jump (Reserved + me +Nilloce)
Hammer lag time (misc people) (edit: NOW CONFIRMED)

Things crazy people are speculating on:
reduced start time on Uair,Fair,Bair (Me, maybe airspeed tricking me?)
Uair more powerful (KingDaiGurren)

Definitely busted:
Grounded final cutter seems to go higher

Last edited:

Poupoko

Smash Cadet
Oh well, at least Up-Smash got a nice buff.

Are you able to check if Hammer Flip actually has less end lag? If so, perhaps the custom Hammers also got the same change.
I might, but how would one test something like that?

Did they really fix the Copy lack of hitstun/too much endlag? I tested it this morning (just the endlag part, couldn't test endlag by myself) and it seemed the same, but just now I tried it again with someone and wouldn't get hit by Greninja's Dair. If it's really gone then that's fantastic. Not that anybody ever took advantage of it, because apparently nobody knows the Kirby matchup.
Yeah, I don't think anyone can hit you when copying. Falcon Kick, G+W's dair and Greninja's dair all hit the shield or outright miss.

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
I might, but how would one test something like that?
I think you'd need to set the speed in training mode to 1/4 (or whatever the slowest is) and just eyeball it. See if you can shield after Hammer Flip faster in 1.06.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
If the difference is there it isn't noticable since i tested it myself a couple minutes ago and i couldn't even notice a slight difference.

Poupoko

Smash Cadet
I think you'd need to set the speed in training mode to 1/4 (or whatever the slowest is) and just eyeball it. See if you can shield after Hammer Flip faster in 1.06.
Ah, okay. Yeah, there's a significant difference at 1/4 speed, so there is less endlag. It's a bit harder to notice at normal speeds though.

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Sweet, more confirmed buffs. Thank you based Sakurai :4kirby:

Confirmed so far:
- Less end lag on Inhale
- Down Throw buffed to 10%
- Up Smash and Down Smash have greater KO power
- Less end lag on Hammer Flip

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
People have also been saying the startup lag on inhale got decreased. Maybe in 1/4 speed the difference is noticeable but i can't test it right now so could someone else see if it does?

Top Bottom