• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kings of CT 2014 Melee/ PM Tournament (April 18th-19th Brookfield, Connecticut)

Will you be attending the tournament?

• Yes

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters

Nips

Smash Rookie

Address/ Time

April 18th - 19th. We will be starting at around 12 pm so try to be there by then. We will be ending by 8 pm on the 19th.
9 Parker Hill
Brookfield, Connecticut 06804

Rules

We will be using the Apex rule set, for more info on these rules please use this link https://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

Fees

Singles - $10 per person (unless a complete set up is brought, for more info on what a complete set up is, please visit the event page for the tournament through this link https://www.facebook.com/events/253647764799475/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular )

Doubles - $20 for a team

Crew Battles - Freeeeeeeee

Housing

I recommend that everyone stays overnight since it is more than likely that the crew battles will be occurring late at night on the 18th.
If you are planning on sleeping at the venue then please contact me.

Food/ Drink

We will be providing food for the first night of the event (pizza and soda). We suggest that you bring your own lunch for the second day.
Contact the tournament email found at the end of the post if you have any allergies or special accommodations.

More

Link to Facebook event page if you had missed it before https://www.facebook.com/events/253647764799475/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

The email for this tournament ( please contact this if you have any special accommodations) kingsofct2014@gmail.com

If you're planning on bringing a set up to have your entrance fee for all tournaments waived, please contact the email for the tournament.

We are planning on taking 25% of the total money earned from entries and donating it to a local children's hospital.

This tournament is melee only at this point.

I hope to see a lot of entries, keep the hype up guys!

Last edited:

Zing!

Smash Rookie
For this tourney I am currently assembling a crew battle team consisting of all luigi's. As long as you can properly use the up-b you are welcome on the team

xCO2x

Smash Rookie
Yeah I might stop by, I'm right nearby so I'll probably pop in. BTW whoever's doing that all luigi crew count me in if I show up :D

Nips

Smash Rookie
As of a couple of days ago we decided to include Project M doubles and singles as an event.

Litt

Samus
Ummm, is this tournamnet only for Connecticut resident (Kings of CT being the title lol), because there are most likely going to be people from mass that will show up if there aren't any other tournaments on these dates

bolt.

Smash Ace
Im sure it's a tournament for everyone.

There was some talk about mdz coming.

Also kings of cali is for everyone despite it's name.

Aaaand pizza is tasty.

Litt

Samus
OMG MDZ... *swoons* what a guy, what a TO!!! and Indeed i Do love Pizza.

Nips

Smash Rookie
Yeah this is a tournament for everyone. The name was just for fun.

Plubonium

Smash Rookie
So glad I found this post, been looking for some melee action in CT for a little bit. This'll be my first tournament so I expect to get smacked, but I can't wait to learn a lot and play tons of friendlies.

TecKnoe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6242-7659
i just posted in the CT new players thread but ill give this a shot cause i really wanna come to this tourney, havent played this game in the competitive scene since about 04/05? but ive had a crazy itch to come back after watching the smash brothers documentary, tried to find my old CT buddies but they all seem to be gone so if anyone is near the new britiain or granby area since i travel hit me up, id love to get some practice shake off the rust so i can hit this event.

pm me if you're interested.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Is there a venue fee? If so, how much is it?

Pot will probably be very very small but it sounds like a great time.

Nips

Smash Rookie
Only 18 days till the the tourney so I'm bumping this thread to the top.

Gladiator

Smash Apprentice
I'm going for both days I think, but I'm not staying overnight. What time will stuff start on the 19th, noon as well?

Nips

Smash Rookie
REMINDER: FEES FOR KoCT ARE WAIVED IF...
you bring a full set up (crt, console, game)!
Also please bring foldable tables if you have any!

Top Bottom