• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Vexen doesn't sound the way I had originally imagined (while playing CoM, I heard a pretty deep voice for him, actually). But a while ago, I read that he was being voiced by the same guy who voiced Piedmon in season one of Digimon, so I got used to how he would probably sound. This seems to fit.

Marluxia and Larxene sound pretty much perfect to me. Though the girl playing Larxene is delivering some of her lines in kind of an odd way.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Larxene sounds perfect for what she's supposed to be... but I don't like her voice. I'll probably get used to it.
I'd like it more if she sounded a bit more crazy... just a tad bit.
I do like how she delivers some of her lines, though.
Vexen's voice is almost as badass as Marluxia's and it fits in perfectly.
Zexion sounded okay, Lexaeus sounded like pure win.
Axel makes the most awesome kill scene ever in Kingdom Hearts. His voice actor made it so much more awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe5Qf9aurYk&feature=channel

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ugh, I can't stand Richard Epcar as Ansem. Get Billy Zane again, please. His Ansem voice was off the chain.
FO REALZ.

Billy Zane gave me chills. Epcar makes me want to drown kittens. Unfortunately, I think he's here to stay.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
^Unfortunately, not me.

Larxene: After watching the Re:CoM cutscene movie, I prefer the Japanese Larxene. Probably, I am just used to a higher pitched voice. The English voice still brings out her character well and I can probably learn to enjoy it.

Axel: I really like how his voice translated to English. I have no preference, since both voices are awesome.

Marluxia: I'm not really sure. Like Larxene, I sort of expected his voice to resemble the Japanese counterpart (deeper).

I guess I will look at the others later!

It's about time that Re: CoM came over.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.
Quite the contrary. I can't imagine anyone preferring Epcar.

Also, I read that Brittany Snow was replaced by some Disney girl whom I've never heard of. Which is tragic. Any word on how her performance is? Passable?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well to me, it sounded like the same girl who did Mahlina from The Emperor's New School.

And she sounds decent so far. But then again, how hard is it to sound depressed?
Not too difficult, I'm sure. But there was a certain breathy quality to Snow's voice that I found very fitting for Naminé. I might miss that.

But I'll probably go youtubing in a bit to see how the new girl's voice measures up.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I reserved it and picked it up on launch day. But i havnt played it yet. deciding if i should play through KH1 again first to refresh my memory

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I reserved it and picked it up on launch day. But i havnt played it yet. deciding if i should play through KH1 again first to refresh my memory
That's funny, considering what this game is all about.

No, you don't need to play KH 1 if you don't want to.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Funny I was thinking the exact same thing, even though I already know KH1's plot, I feel like I need to play it again just to get the refreshing feeling the game offers, also I feel like battling Sephiroth all over again.

So I haven't played my Chain of Memories copy just yet even though I already own it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I walked into Best Buy and saw it. I almost had the impulse to go and buy it, even though I don't need it.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
lol i still need to go pick up a copy. ill do so when i get home in a week.

i dont mind the voice actors too much after listening to a few clips.

Roihu

Smash Ace
^Unfortunately, not me.

Larxene: After watching the Re:CoM cutscene movie, I prefer the Japanese Larxene. Probably, I am just used to a higher pitched voice. The English voice still brings out her character well and I can probably learn to enjoy it.

Axel: I really like how his voice translated to English. I have no preference, since both voices are awesome.

Marluxia: I'm not really sure. Like Larxene, I sort of expected his voice to resemble the Japanese counterpart (deeper).

I guess I will look at the others later!

It's about time that Re: CoM came over.
Axel's voice is the same as in KH2 just made to sound happier.

Quite the contrary. I can't imagine anyone preferring Epcar.

Also, I read that Brittany Snow was replaced by some Disney girl whom I've never heard of. Which is tragic. Any word on how her performance is? Passable?
Passable. I quite like her voice, but it feels... too...happy...
It's Meaghan Jette Martin who starred in Camp Rock and the Jonas Brothers

And she sounds decent so far. But then again, how hard is it to sound depressed?
Apparently it is for her. And I do like her voice. I didn't know it was her, though.

Don't. You'll hate CoM then because it's the exact same thing except with different room layouts and the card system. =\
Oh, and that it's in Oblivion Castle.

Funny I was thinking the exact same thing, even though I already know KH1's plot, I feel like I need to play it again just to get the refreshing feeling the game offers, also I feel like battling Sephiroth all over again.

So I haven't played my Chain of Memories copy just yet even though I already own it.
Oh, just play Re:CoM.

Top Bottom