• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts 4

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Click the “ …” button next to smilies. Go down to “media”. Copy and paste the link into it.

Or you can just copy and paste the link onto the post and it will create a thumbnail link to the video.

D

Deleted member

Really glad we got Gameplay shown alongside the reveal.
I fear It has become too common nowadays to announce new games without any Gameplay, and that imo is extremely risky as without knowing how the game will play not enough people will be as interested. So yeah, It was worth for them to wait until they had gameplay to show.

As for the reveal, I got quite interested. Looking forward to how they take the story to and the new Gameplay mechanics.

D

Deleted member

Idk, claiming that a Game as a whole gets ruined over the lack or addition of a specific world is weird.

More so because we are likely getting many more.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
im Scottish
Uh-huh.

You know I'm not a fan of Star Wars either, but I don't have some raging hate-boner for the game all of a sudden just because it includes a film I don't personally care for. If I did, I wouldn't have played most of these games because each game seems to pick at least one movie I don't care for or actively dislike

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Uh-huh.

You know I'm not a fan of Star Wars either, but I don't have some raging hate-boner for the game all of a sudden just because it includes a film I don't personally care for. If I did, I wouldn't have played most of these games because each game seems to pick at least one movie I don't care for or actively dislike
where did you get raging hate from?

D

Deleted member

Likely worlds (imo)
Moana
Frozen 2
Something MCU (Star wars is in. Its gonna happen)

Worlds I could maybe see:
Zootopia
Encanto (depends when this entered development)
Coco
Wreck It Ralph
Jungle Book (long overdue)

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Likely worlds (imo)
Moana
Frozen 2
Something MCU (Star wars is in. Its gonna happen)

Worlds I could maybe see:
Zootopia
Encanto (depends when this entered development)
Wreck It Ralph
Jungle Book (long overdue)
i don’t see them using wreck it Ralph again

and how do we know Star Wars is in? When I looked this up they were citing a forest

D

Deleted member

kingdom-heart-4-trailer-star-wars-world.jpg

Very well could be nothing obviously but considering how Nomura loves Star Wars I would not be surprised.

D

Deleted member

especially as last time he said it would be a licensing nightmare to include
That was back when Star Wras had just been bought. Its been under Disney for ages now. I'm not 100 percent sold but I just think it getting in is very likely

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’d personally love to see Kingdom Hearts expand into the Star Wars and Marvel universes. Disney owns so many great properties these days that it would almost feel like a waste not to utilize them. I’d personally love to see Alien and Predator but that has about a 0% chance of happening and it would pretty weird to have an R rated series in Kingdom Hearts. Just because it won’t happen doesn’t mean I can’t dream about it though lol. With the rumors of Disney buying WWE, that would be even more funny and unlikely. I love WWE but I can’t imagine a world with Sora interacting with the Undertaker and John Cena.

For Star Wars, they could always go with the animated Clone Wars or Rebels universes. The CG look of those series would fit right in with a game like Kingdom Hearts. The more realistic look of the movies is also possible based on the opening gameplay and previous Pirates worlds.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I’d personally love to see Kingdom Hearts expand into the Star Wars and Marvel universes. Disney owns so many great properties these days that it would almost feel like a waste not to utilize them. I’d personally love to see Alien and Predator but that has about a 0% chance of happening and it would pretty weird to have an R rated series in Kingdom Hearts. Just because it won’t happen doesn’t mean I can’t dream about it though lol. With the rumors of Disney buying WWE, that would be even more funny and unlikely. I love WWE but I can’t imagine a world with Sora interacting with the Undertaker and John Cena.

For Star Wars, they could always go with the animated Clone Wars or Rebels universes. The CG look of those series would fit right in with a game like Kingdom Hearts. The more realistic look of the movies is also possible based on the opening gameplay and previous Pirates worlds.
I’m the opposite I think Disney has some many wonderful properties it shouldn’t have to fall back on star wars

plus I don’t think the MCU is all that practical to use I mean the likeness alone would take up half the budget

D

Deleted member

I like Marvel and Star Wars but my worry is that we're likely not gonna get that many worlds. The game seems pretty big and they're gonna be working in UE5 so I expect roughly the same amount as 3, plus I assume a lot of the game will take place in the original city world. Throwing in Marvel and Star Wars means the amount of core Disney world's will be cut down which would be a shame. But also at the same time fighting Vader would be raw.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I like Marvel and Star Wars but my worry is that we're likely not gonna get that many worlds. The game seems pretty big and they're gonna be working in UE5 so I expect roughly the same amount as 3, plus I assume a lot of the game will take place in the original city world. Throwing in Marvel and Star Wars means the amount of core Disney world's will be cut down which would be a shame. But also at the same time fighting Vader would be raw.
what do you zoomers mean when you say “raw”?

seriously what do you mean by that?

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
View attachment 349952

Very well could be nothing obviously but considering how Nomura loves Star Wars I would not be surprised.
Now i'm not saying it's guaranteed to be in, but the tall trees also reminded me of Endor.

I'm not saying one way or the other so i don't look stupid 10 years from now when the game launches. lol

what do you zoomers mean when you say “raw”?

seriously what do you mean by that?
It's slang for cool

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
I loved the first Kingdom hearts. You had a simple story where afew original characters got to run around Disney Worlds and occasionally interact with Final Fantasy characters. It was fun, or if I may, it was simple and clean.

The longer the series has gone on, the more complex and weird it's gotten, with character who are really other characters disguised as a third character claimed to be a fourth who's really some other guy. The new cast looks and acts too much alike even when I can figure out who they're supposed to be and the Disney and Final Fantasy stuff has been pushed as far to the side as they can get away with.

It still has somewhat of a Final Fantasy feel to it, but it's not a good Final Fantasy feel anymore. It's not like any of the classics. It feels more like the post FF-X Final Fantasies that nobody really seems to care about.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Speaking as someone who has never played a Kingdom Hearts...

Wall-E; Jungle Book; a full 101 Dalmatians world; and - if it's not too late - Soul are a must IMO. If there's a Fox world it should be Fantastic Mr. Fox or Isle of Dogs. (though the latter could be a little too edgy? Pirates was fine as a PG-13 IP so...? Robots would be kinda cool from a gameplay perspective but the cutscenes would be more awkward than usual) Wakanda would probably be my first choice for a Marvel univese. Moana is a lock.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Square be like: Best we can do is 101 dalmatians being random collectables throughout the worlds again.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Speaking as someone who has never played a Kingdom Hearts...

Wall-E; Jungle Book; a full 101 Dalmatians world; and - if it's not too late - Soul are a must IMO. If there's a Fox world it should be Fantastic Mr. Fox or Isle of Dogs. (though the latter could be a little too edgy? Pirates was fine as a PG-13 IP so...? Robots would be kinda cool from a gameplay perspective but the cutscenes would be more awkward than usual) Wakanda would probably be my first choice for a Marvel univese. Moana is a lock.
soul should be fine. 3 had worlds after it started dev

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My personal Disney/Pixar universes I would like to see in Kingdom Hearts IV:

Disney:
  • Frozen 2
  • Emperor's New Groove
  • Moana
  • Zootopia
  • Encanto
Pixar:
  • The Incredibles
  • Toy Story 4 - Perhaps focusing on the after events of Woody and Bo-Peep?
  • Cars
  • Turning Red
Disney Live Action:
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Cruella
  • Haunted Mansion (although the live action adaption is not released yet, maybe they could focus more based upon the attraction instead?)
Marvel Universe:
  • Avengers - During the Battle of New York where they fought Loki.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Disney Live Action:
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Cruella
  • Haunted Mansion (although the live action adaption is not released yet, maybe they could focus more based upon the attraction instead?)
Marvel Universe:
  • Avengers - During the Battle of New York where they fought Loki.
i think the likenesses alone would take up the whole budget

Gengar84

Smash Hero
i think the likenesses alone would take up the whole budget
I don’t think you have to have the likeness of the actors that played the characters in the movies. They can always base the worlds more on their comic and cartoon designs. I don’t think Marvel Ultimate Alliance was a terribly high budget game but still had all of the Avengers plus a ton of other Marvel characters including the X-Men, Venom, and Deadpool, which have their own licensing challenges. I don’t think there would be an issue in a much higher budget game like Kingdom Hearts.

Top Bottom