• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts 2

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
What? the three eyed aliens never appeared in either kingdom hearts game. Also sephiroth was easy in both games I've faced harder bosses in other RPGs worser then sephiroth. I hated the fact that they made him easier in the second one.

Wrath`

Smash Master
What? the three eyed aliens never appeared in either kingdom hearts game. Also sephiroth was easy in both games I've faced harder bosses in other RPGs worser then sephiroth. I hated the fact that they made him easier in the second one.
They made him verey easy,i agree

ripkirby

Smash Cadet
If they're going to put one of the most famous video game antagonists in a game, they better make him near unbeatable. Oh wait, this game is rated E.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Even though it was geared towards a younger audience and was made to be easy...seriously, this is just downright baby easy, even in Proud Mode...which to me, didn't make me feel proud at all after I was done with the game. No offense, but the Ultimate Form is one of the most ridiculous and outrageous things in KH2, I press the attack button like 4 times and Sora flies all over the place and kills off everything within sight with no effort.

That's just boring, and to make it worse, the boss battles now are way easier, because you have the ability to press Triangle during special sequences to take out the bosses which can do alot of damage. Not only that, but why in the world would you give Sora a Parry, this allows him to parry off most of the attacks within KH2.

The Parry is the single thing along with Triangle that has made battles like with Sephiroth, a piece of cake. In KH1, Sephiroth was extremely powerful and difficult, I couldn't even get him past to half his lifebars within the first gosh knows how many tries, plus in KH1, one single hit from his sword basically took out half your lifebar, which was insane, but was what made him extremely tough, not to mention the garbage things he did when you brought him down to his final bar.

However in KH2, You can block his dash attack with Triangle and punish him severely for it, you can parry most of his pyshical attacks and punish him afterwards, after you get launched in the air, you can punish him when he teleports to attack you, and etc, etc...this just makes the battle way too easy, and he's the most difficult boss within KH2 hands down, which is depressing.

Outside of that, the storyline was very good and all, however it was too short imo, and should've been longer. I did like KH2 alot, my only beef was it's difficulty, they could've made the easy mode, very easy for newbie players, however the ultimate difficulty like Proud, should've been extremely tough, they should've done things like removing Parry when you played at the highest Difficulty, this would've changed regular/boss battles all together.

Overall KH2 wasn't bad, very solid game, just wished it was more difficult. Here's hoping KH3 gets the boast in that category.

solomonarnould

Smash Rookie
I believe that Kh3 will not have sephiroth, my sources said that theyve over used Sephiroths welcome and that he will not apear again unless they make a number 4, this is because #3 is in a diferent time aera and it wouldnt make sense to have the same evil villain as the hardest in the game, three games in a row, At least this is what ive heard

After they get the fan letters and what not theyll probly be forced to put Sephi back in the game, he..he

and No they wont be putting the scary little aliens from toy story, it was an idea but they decided they werent going to because they would look like blobs as compared to beauty, the graphics for kh3 are going to be too good to put most chartoon formated characters in it.

So, who really is the most maniacle and devious villain of all time

i have 1 answer

............Sephiroth!!!!!!!!!

muahhuahauhauhauhauhauhahuahauh

peace

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Sephiroth was pretty easy in KH2, in 1 he was neerly impossible, lol

I beat him at level 70 in 2, in 1 it took me till level 95
That's pretty sad, lol, I beat Sephiroth at level 80 in the 1st Kingdom Hearts., using the Oblivion of course.

I just beat this game today, never got a chance to play it until just this week. It was actually shorter than I had anticipated... and this is on Proud Mode I'm talking about, 25 hours. The 1st Kingdom Hearts took me an average of 40 hours and this was on normal mode. KH2 was TOO easy, that is my only real complaint.

Personally, I found the storyline in KH1 to be much better than KH2, but that's just my opinion.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Sora for Brawl! Wooooo!

Even though Sephiroth isn't as hard as people want him to be, isn't it enough that he got his appearance? Battles in KH2 flow smoothly, and the reaction commands make every boss battle epic. The forms were also a great addition, overshadowing Summons who people never use anyways. Here's to hoping that KH3 will blow our minds...

Chill

Red
BRoomer

KingMewtwo1112

Smash Journeyman
Am I honestly the one here who was disappointed with this game? Too much battling and not enough magical feeling/exploring if you ask me.

I will say this, the Final Mix trailer kicked butt, but other than that I see no reason to buy that version other than the Chain of Memories remake.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
No you're not the only one who was dissapointed. Which is why I kind of didn't like the trailer.

But it does say "kingdom hearts" at the end at not "KHIII" so it might be a spin-off.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
Was that Roxas that got frozen? plus one of those guys looked like ansem but with brown hair wait never mind hehehe!! So many secrets yet unsolved!!!

Smash bro pro

Smash Rookie
I have a question how much is it now becuse i have the first i made it to halloween town and stopped but then i think that i would like kh2 please tell me price 0.0

Knightblade

Smash Cadet
Am I honestly the one here who was disappointed with this game? Too much battling and not enough magical feeling/exploring if you ask me.

I will say this, the Final Mix trailer kicked butt, but other than that I see no reason to buy that version other than the Chain of Memories remake.
I sort of feel the same way, i liked the game a lot but the first one seemed to have a bigger impact on me.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I thought KH2 was a good game, but it could have been great. Honestly, the first half of the game builds you up for something big, but all of the reveals are either too predictable or too contrived. Things just seemed to be resolved too quickly and neatly, and all of the sudden. Plus we never really found out why
Xemnas
is after
Kingdom Hearts
, except for it being generically powerful, and him being generically power-hungry.

As far as the new trailer, pretty sure that's is
Roxas
, but the other guy looks to me more like
Saix or Axel
than
Ansem/Xehanort/Xemnas
. Supposedly they're new characters, though. Personally, I'm more interested in Baldy and his outfit which is exactly the same as
Anselm/Xehanort's
from KH1. Something to ponder.

Andy

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Xemnas wanted a heart so he could be "complete". He thought KH hearts could give him one.

I think the older armored guy looks more like Xehanort just sans white hair. His eyes even turn the golden color to match at the end.

While part of my problem with KH2 was with the story it was also with the way some stuff was played out. For example at the end of the game where Sora is slicing through buildings and deflecting laser beams. Sure it might look cool but it didn't look like KH. That's why Ikind of didn't like the trailer. You can't even tell it's for KH until the very end.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well hopfull the next game will do us all justice.

It would be cooler if we could fully play ally characters

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
The story's getting dark as time goes by.

Also - this is a spin from the series of Kingdom Hearts, it's not KH3. Nomura has stated numerous times that KH3 will follow Sora's story. This does not.

The 2 unmasked knights remind me of
the crew that worked with Xemnas/the scientists

And also - This is in the vein of the secret endings from KH1 and KH1:Final Mix. Neither featured a large amount (or any) of Disney characters at all. Wait for the actual gameplay trailers that will come out if you want Disney. This is just a taste of the main storyline.

Watch Another Side, Another Story and [Deep Dive] if you want to see what I mean. Both of those were unlockable at the end of KH and KH:FM, respectively.

And that guy in the black helmet is badass.

*fanboy glee*

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I remember when KH trailers had more Disney and magical-ness. And J-Pop. But the fanboy in me is too curious...
Same here.

And also - This is in the vein of the secret endings from KH1 and KH1:Final Mix. Neither featured a large amount (or any) of Disney characters at all. Wait for the actual gameplay trailers that will come out if you want Disney. This is just a taste of the main storyline.

Watch Another Side, Another Story and [Deep Dive] if you want to see what I mean. Both of those were unlockable at the end of KH and KH:FM, respectively.
It's true the trailers didn't show any Disney characters (and I realize you were talking to Firebomb) but they did show a KH sequel.

The first thing the hooded guy says is "Where's Sora?" You then see the heartless the main enemy show up. The camrea pans up showing both Kairi and Riku. Fighting ensues and you see Kairi again at the end of the trailer.

In this one it's not really until the end when KH shows up that you can really say it looks like a teaser for KH.

If it's a spin-off that's a bit more understnadable.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
The next title will be a Side Story, focused on Mickey's time in the World of Darkness. Which means we will see the 3 Soldiers (Terra, Ven, and Aqua), and possibly play as them.

The game will be on a handheld platform, according to recent interviews.

Also, the Knights are new characters, and have no relation to any existing, or mentioned characters (like the above theory from McCloud).

Source Interview - http://kh2.co.uk/?page=NI/KH2FMU

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Kingdom Hearts 2 Sephiroth Battle Level 48 Proud Mode

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7bFG1eCoVao

Level: 48
Mode: Proud
Weapon: Decisive Pumpkin
Growth Abilities: High Jump L2, Quick Run L1, Air Dodge L2, Glide L0 (no Final Form)

First of all, this is not by any means a perfect battle. Yes, I know I used lots of items and I made lots of mistakes, but this video is only meant to show that I beat Sephiroth at Level 48. I also used many Elixers at unnecessary times to make sure I could beat him (like when I had three left with Sephiroth having less than two bars of health left).

In the beginning, I used Cerberiga's technique of double jumping and using an aerial to avoid Sephiroth's attacks. Later, I used guard to counterguard because he teleports faster. I got lucky in the middle of the battle when he used Omnislash several times despite being in his second "phase."

Yeah...I got hit by a Heartless Angel o.O But that's what I get for only having High Jump and Air Dodge Lvl 2 and Decisive Pumpkin.

I didn't use Trinity Limit because I thought it would be cheap.

Enjoy.

Top Bottom