• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts 2

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
WAITWAITWAIT!!!

Just because Chain of Memories is around the corner doesn't mean you clowns should be ignoring KH2!

Blondie's got artwork. Conspiracy theories linking him to Cloud are now accepted :p

Did I mention Jack's back? OHHHHHH Yes!

Oh, and there's now a high quality trailer of the TGS trailer at IGN.com. Don't miss it!

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Holy Crap!!! You get to fight Pete?!!!

That guy scared me when I was 5. It's payback time.

All though, I can see him being a very difficult boss, since he is one of the more famous bad guys of all time.

Edit: Also, the trailer isn't working for me. Does anyone have any alternate links or something?

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
so blonde hair kid and Sora are two different characters. I wonder if you play as both or just sora, or how they're even connected.
i wish i knew what the articles were saying.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
I had a Japanese friend translate the blurb about the Blonde Haired Kid (BHK). It says something along the lines of him being close friends with Sora and that he has been looking for Sora ever since the day he mysteriously vanished. The article refers to BHK as "this person".

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Originally posted by DreamCaster
I had a Japanese friend translate the blurb about the Blonde Haired Kid (BHK). It says something along the lines of him being close friends with Sora and that he has been looking for Sora ever since the day he mysteriously vanished. The article refers to BHK as "this person".
Thanks for the translation, DreamCaster.

Since their not the same person, could this new kid also have a Keyblade? Maybe he's secretly spy or something cool like that.

Anyway, these are just guesses. I'm sure his real purpose will be much different (and cooler:D :D )

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Originally posted by blizzy
KH1 is a must! my favourite game!

btw, since i live in norway, i must wait for a LOOONG time to play KH2 :( When is the release in the U.S ?
Between September and November of next year, to my knowledge.

KH1 is one of the greatest games on the PS2 or any console system. Every gamer needes this game in their collection.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
LIEK OMFGWTF!

IGN has gone to Jump Festa, and they confirm that Japan will have it in Spring '05. Means we'll have it before the end of the summer. :)

Oh, and a new trailer (which we won't find for some time) has been seen to have the following things:

NAMINE talking to Blondie
KAIRI talking to Selphie
More of Beast's Manor, Halloween/Christmas Town, And China
Sora fusing with Donald
Gummi Ship Battles

OH YEEEESSSSSSSSS...

EDIT: IGN also reports having their ***** handed to them by a 12 year old girl in the Chain of Memories Competition. How sad. XD

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Originally posted by TheMagicalKuja
LIEK OMFGWTF!

IGN has gone to Jump Festa, and they confirm that Japan will have it in Spring '05. Means we'll have it before the end of the summer. :)

Oh, and a new trailer (which we won't find for some time) has been seen to have the following things:

NAMINE talking to Blondie
KAIRI talking to Selphie
More of Beast's Manor, Halloween/Christmas Town, And China
Sora fusing with Donald
Gummi Ship Battles

OH YEEEESSSSSSSSS...

EDIT: IGN also reports having their ***** handed to them by a 12 year old girl in the Chain of Memories Competition. How sad. XD
So their bringing back gummi ships? I never liked them in the first place. Maybe if they added a cooler means of transportation...

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by demoncaterpie
So their bringing back gummi ships? I never liked them in the first place. Maybe if they added a cooler means of transportation...
Once you learn how to deck out your Gummi Ship with extra blasters, lazers, engines, morphing ability, it's not so bad (and once you get the spray-can upgrade even more coustomizable options open up)!... or you can still use the Warp gummi...

Bad news about Jump Fiesta: Square-Enix doesn't plan on releasing the trailer themselves onto the net, so all we can do is pray that someone was able to record it on a personal camera (which were allowed), so there's still hope!

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Originally posted by DreamCaster
Once you learn how to deck out your Gummi Ship with extra blasters, lazers, engines, morphing ability, it's not so bad (and once you get the spray-can upgrade even more coustomizable options open up)!... or you can still use the Warp gummi...

Bad news about Jump Fiesta: Square-Enix doesn't plan on releasing the trailer themselves onto the net, so all we can do is pray that someone was able to record it on a personal camera (which were allowed), so there's still hope!
Yeah, I played with the same ship through the whole game. A friend of mine had every ship and this tricked out ship with every feature.

Sucks about Jump Fiesta. Hope you can find some pirated movie.

Night Strife

Banned via Administration
Well I also say that the gummi ships were horrible. The ships were boring and made me tired. After I got the wrap gummi I was so happy. I had an awesome gummi tho. I didn't even have to move. I just sat there and mashed the X button. Thats was fun. I hope they make the battles fun with the gummi ships. If they don't then atleast the gameplay with be good.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Still pretty boring out, but I'd hate for an E3 topic to come up and we don't have this thread anymore, so I'm reviving this topic.

I hope there's more recent news in the future.

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
Cant wait till it gets here i dont even have a PS2 but my roommate does and i went out and bought my own memory card so I could save the data and not have to worry about him or his girlfriend deleating my data (just like they did in DDR man that pissed me off) (ps i got a really good deal on the 25 dollar card i found one at a pawn shop nearby for 5 $)

yep i have DDR and two pads but no PS2 and i will buy KH2 and use my roommates PS2.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Confirmed voice actors: yep, that's news to me!

Haley Joel osment is back as Sora. And seeing as his voice has matured, that's a good thing.

David Gallagher is not on this list, but he was confirmed to be back as Riku a long time ago.

soberfox

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haly Joel Osment acted Sora in the first one? Wow, didn't know that.

Pretty cool though, and nice to hear he's coming back for the sequel.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Auron looks younger. And didn't he have glasses throughout most of FFX?

SPOILER if you haven't beaten FFX:
Back when he fought along w. Jecht and the head summoner dude (can't remember his name off the top of my head, it was Yuna's dad), I seem to remember him not wearing glasses. Is it this younger Auron that's in the game, or the older, 'dead' Auron?

And it's not Auron without the clean-shaven armpits. Gotta have the armpits.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kingdom Hearts Ultimania got their hands on a 7 page interview with Tetsuya Nomura published by SquarEnix Japan. They haven't translated the whole thing (yet...) but they did post this eye catching snippit:

SEJ: At the end of Riku's story we see a young kid standing in Twilight Town. Who is he?

Nomura: "He is a new character to appear in KHII and he holds a very important part to play too. I will refrain from too much detail but he is a playable character
(OMG!). Besides him, many of the secret characters from the previous installment's secret movies will appear in KHII. I plan to explain what the situations depicted in the secret movies signify."

Cools. BHK is actually factually playable. KHUltimania says they should have the entire interview translated within the next two days!!

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
The good news:

Some FIFTY screenshots have surfaced on this game.

The bad news: It's on Gamespot, and Gamespot HATES my computer.

I'll be looking on IGn, thank you.

Oh, and Disney's JPN site update with shiny new KH2 works. go to www.kh2.co.uk for the links.

KingMewtwo1112

Smash Journeyman
400th post!

O_O

Woah, that was great. The boss fights with Pete and thegiant Heartlesses were awesome! And though I didn't really dislike the Gummi Ship travels in the first one, from what I've seen in the trailer, I can tell that these are going to be so much cooler.

Heh, Oogie Boogie's back.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
KHU got a new interview, and it reports that Jp's voice acting is 99.999% complete (it actually says 100, but they say they need fine tuning). If localization for the US begins with the next two months, we'll have it in our hands by christmas. YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!

Predicted JP release date: Late September early October (Grandia returns in August, so KH2 won't show up there.)

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
A new interview said localization has almost begun. NA is defenitely getting it this year. YES.

Now there's a rumor of a new KH2 trailer with more footage including a Lion King world, but this is entirely unconfirmed.

EDIT: ON THE OTHER HAND...

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/614/614488p1.html

Avast me hardies, Jack Sparrow's confirmed to be in KH2. Whether this means a Pirates of the Carribean World or a new summon is still unknown, but this is frickin CRAZY!

ADDITIONAL POST:

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/614/614905/img_2787804.html

See the asian guy on the left? That a new Org member. Thanks to Gfaqs for pointing this out for me.

The entire Pirates of Carribean WORLD has been confirmed. Sora's helping Jack kick all sorts of *** in a new trailer, and even protecting Kiera Knightly.

This is gonna be new...

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
You people are sad. No interest in KH2 anymore, and the info JUST KEEPS POURING IN! Dreamcatcher! Where ARE you?!

There's too much crap to report here, so go to www.kh2.co.uk to get a summation of E3.

In essence, reaction commands > j00.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
omg no one has been posting abut kh2 during E3? im dissapointed, cause this game is gonna ROCK. Everytime i passed by either the sony area, square-enix area, or buena vista area, i had to stop and play the kh2 demo for a bit. There were 2 lands we could visit in the demo: hercules' and mulans.

in olympic coliseum, the demo starts off with a cutscene of sora, donald, and goofy, with Auron, running from something, but we dont know what. they close a door while going "hurry, hurry!" and when they close it, they all get relieved, then Hades pops up next to them and now you have to run down to this exit while defeating any enemy heartless. hades will keep teleporting to where you are to throw fireballs at you, but you can't hurt him, so dont try. when you get pass all the heartless, another cutscene comes where they all stop and rest.

Sora to auron: "You're good. are you some kind of hero?"
Auron: "i'm no here, i'm just an...Auron. my name is Auron"

then after you defeat more heartless, you get to this door with a keyhole in it. sora opens it and then Cerberus comes down. Auron holds him off but Sora sticks behind to help him.

The mulan stage was pretty cool too. There was one part where the
hun leader is ontop of the mountain like in the movie, but instead of a whole bunch of huns going down the hill, a bunch of flying heartless come down instead, and you have to hold your ground for 2 min to get through the stage.

The fighting is for the most part the same. but there's a new thing called "reaction" or something. basically it's like in RE4. at certain points if you press triangle, Sora can do an awesome move, but you have to react quickly to do it.

****. im excited abut this game, but one of the things im most excited about is one of the worlds they revealed in the square-enix theater. there were no camera allowed but i'll tell you waht i saw:

Pirate of the Carribean.

That's right. in the theater, they showed Sora and gang in that one cove, and Jack Sparrow is there, i think greeting him. then he steps into the light and you see him turn into a skeleton. he then lifts his arm up and twirls a coin on his hand.

****, man. And what was awesome was how they made the pirates of the carribean world more realistic looking than the other worlds shown so far. since POTC was a live-actoin movie, they were prolly trying to capture the essence of it, hence making Jack sparrow look more realistic than sora and the others.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Just because people don't post doesn't mean they have no interest in the game. I, myself, can not wait to get this game. I plan on reserving this game the instant it's available for reservation. I just don't find interest in posting about a game that hasn't came out yet, I guess that's how I am. But yeah, I do love KH and I am anxiously awaiting for the 2nd game.

Peace out

KingMewtwo1112

Smash Journeyman
Two new worlds announced? All worlds from KH returning?

Buena Vista Games has opened their KH2 site, http://buenavistagames.go.com/product/kingdomHeartsPS2.html

While it can be considered a teaser page (though itlooks authentic), apparently it announces that all the worlds from KH will return and SteamBoat Willie and The Lion King will be worlds.

Now this raises questions. For Pinnochio, will they bring back Monstro the Whale? Or will they use wherever the movie took place (Which is highly likely, as being swallowed by Monstro again would be really unorginal), and does that mean End of the World will return? And didn't Nomura say in an interview that only some of the worlds would return?

And what does it mean by Steamboat Willie? The world that Disney Castle rules over?

The Windwaker

Smash Journeyman
You mean... this?

I mean, they could do all sorts of crazy things in a scenario like this. Like bring back classic donald (you know, with the funny eyes and crap), make a classic looking Goofy and like change the way Sora looks. Should be fun.

KingMewtwo1112

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by The Windwaker
You mean... this?

I mean, they could do all sorts of crazy things in a scenario like this. Like bring back classic donald (you know, with the funny eyes and crap), make a classic looking Goofy and like change the way Sora looks. Should be fun.
That's kind of what I was thinking. I'm thinking that they'll probably bring aspects of the other Mickey cartoons as well.

Top Bottom