• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Likewise. I'm waiting to see who else is going to their character and for once, I'm happy to see a direct and a Smash reveal. Man, that last game....the less said about it, the better.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Man, that last game....the less said about it, the better.
I'll never forget how disappointed I was about that last Smash Wii U/3DS Direct. If you were like me and did not care about Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, or Bayonetta, it was among the worst Smash presentations to watch. I and many others felt so cheated when Sakurai claimed that Bayonetta was "one of the top 5 worldwide, and number one in Europe", it felt like all our hard work for King K. Rool meant nothing at the time. I'm very glad those dark days are behind us. Hopefully others who felt devastated about their favorite character choice not getting into Smash 4 can earn some well deserved redemption tomorrow, or beyond.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'll never forget how disappointed I was about that last Smash Wii U/3DS Direct. If you were like me and did not care about Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, or Bayonetta, it was among the worst Smash presentations to watch. I and many others felt so cheated when Sakurai claimed that Bayonetta was "one of the top 5 worldwide, and number one in Europe", it felt like all our hard work for King K. Rool meant nothing at the time. I'm very glad those dark days are behind us. Hopefully others who felt devastated about their favorite character choice not getting into Smash 4 can earn some well deserved redemption tomorrow, or beyond.
To be fair, a massive amount of people would be disappointed no matter who was chosen as the Smash Ballot winner. With the options left wide open, the developers would basically be picking one character out of thousands, and no matter who was chosen, the supporters of those thousands of other characters would be disappointed.

Besides, the Smash Ballot was also used to help with determining newcomers for future games, and in the case of K. Rool fans, it clearly worked out.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I think we can all agree, no matter who shows up as the next fighter, we all win.

Unless it's Goku in which case we all lose

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I dunno, Goku in an official Smash game would be pretty outrageous but I wouldn't call it a loss, hah.

I wouldn't be too shocked if we don't get a newcomer trailer this Direct, but if we do I'm betting on Isaac. Not a fan myself but I kinda expect him to be in the game now that fan requests as huge as Ridley and K. Rool have gotten in.

jeez dude, we get to say king k rool and ridley are smash veterans now, not sure i'll ever get over that

Handy Man

Smash Ace
To be fair, a massive amount of people would be disappointed no matter who was chosen as the Smash Ballot winner. With the options left wide open, the developers would basically be picking one character out of thousands, and no matter who was chosen, the supporters of those thousands of other characters would be disappointed.

Besides, the Smash Ballot was also used to help with determining newcomers for future games, and in the case of K. Rool fans, it clearly worked out.
That's true. It's just the nature of how character reveals happen, people will both be excited and disappointed no matter who is shown, that holds true for even today.

Bayonetta in particular felt weird since characters that are still being speculated about today, like Banjo and Isaac, had seemingly louder support even back then. I do remember people did talk about Bayonetta a lot and vocally wanted her, especially at the star of the ballot, but it was never as loud as Ridley or King K. Rool supporters, both of which eventually got added after Bayonetta did. If nothing else, Bayonetta being claimed as a ballot winner, with Ridley and King K. Rool following in the next game, shows that Sakurai may have used Bayonetta to create hype for other fan favorites eventually joining the roster.

Time will tell what happens from here on out, and people will be happy or upset no matter what happens, but Sakurai has been doing a great job so far on following through with the ballot. I hope he keeps it up.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
King K. Rool to be confirmed a second time on tomorrow's Direct because we aint done yet. No echoes, no Kaptain K. Rool. Just K. Rool occupying 2 character slots.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No

But this I do remember

Gotta love the gag happening in the back.

still love this music
Funniest part is K. Rool would definitely go at the Kongs' cabin just to bother them with music.

Also, have you seen the one for Mario Kart? It's extra priceless.

Likewise. I'm waiting to see who else is going to their character and for once, I'm happy to see a direct and a Smash reveal. Man, that last game....the less said about it, the better.
No kidding. At least no one's getting bothered by Pichu theories anymore.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Currently am trying to learn to wisstle this little gem right here...

**** it I miss DKC2.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I just hope they announce tomorrow "Smash Bros. Ultimate Amiibo line wave 2." Show us that sweet sweet K.Rool amiibo and give us a release date! I need it ASAP (along with Dark Samus, Ice Climbers, and Pichu).

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Fun Fact, let the King K Rool amiibo sit for a while, and it will sloooowly turn to point towards the nearest banana bunch

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
It's nice not having to worry about if K. Rool will be revealed or not. We can all just relax and enjoy the Direct. I'm actually thinking we will only get one newcomer, maybe an echo as well. Seeing the K. Rool amiibo would be nice. Already pre-ordered the Ridley one, would pre-order K. Rool's right away.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I am so excited for the King K. Rool amiibo. I got a custom purple Charizard amiibo since he was my Smash 4 main, and I'll probably get a custom K. Rool amiibo too based on whatever recolor I like the most. Can't wait to see my two all-time favorite characters right next to each other.

IMG_0499.JPG

D

Deleted member

I am so excited for the King K. Rool amiibo. I got a custom purple Charizard amiibo since he was my Smash 4 main, and I'll probably get a custom K. Rool amiibo too based on whatever recolor I like the most. Can't wait to see my two all-time favorite characters right next to each other.

View attachment 162126
That's pretty sick dude. Did you do it yourself?

D

Deleted member

New Nintendo Direct huh? Will check it out. But for now still giddy about the King being in!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Apperantly the Direct has been delayed because of the earthquake. Hopefully it won’t cost more harm to people...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Man it must be so cool for you guys not to worry each time a direct rolls around.
I've only recently become a fan of this kremling king (you guys are very good at convincing), so I can't really relate. But I'm so happy for you guys!
Hey... I think everyone in this thread has pulled out a few patches of hair over the past fifteen years. Let us have this one month of bliss! :urg:

D

Deleted member

Heard about what happened, people’s safety, and health is of more concern then any Nintendo Direct. Right move by Nintendo my thoughts and prayers to the people of Japan. We are behind you Please Stay strong, and be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I think it would be cool to see him running on all fours as a last-resort sort of thing, like if he's giving you chase or down to the last phase of his battle. Makes him seem even more crazy and desperate, no longer caring about his image.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind but in Smash. In the main games I think he's fine.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I think it would be cool to see him running on all fours as a last-resort sort of thing, like if he's giving you chase or down to the last phase of his battle. Makes him seem even more crazy and desperate, no longer caring about his image.
I love that idea. It'd be great to really pair it with a whole picture. His running getting more frantic and desperate with each phase. His outfit (what ever it may be) getting more torn, damaged, and roughed up. His facial expressions and body language getting more frustrated and frazzled, ooh that would totally be a delight to see. Something akin to the bad guy in old Bugs Bunny cartoons, where Bugs hands some jerk his butt back to him time and time again until their only focus is knocking that rabbit down a peg by any means necessary, ironically making them more sloppy and sealing their fate that much more.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sounds like what many call a good ole' villainous breakdown.

I'd be more than fine to see this; would definitely be seriously cool to see in a DKC game if it's done right, imo.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It would be funny to find out that he is running on all fours in a new DK game.. like we think Sakurai did that detail but turns out it''s a reference to his new current appearance in the next game we don't know about yet...

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
do you guys think that this earthquake could possibly delay the game?

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Nah. Majority of the dev team wasn't in the affected areas, and since the game is by now a few weeks away from going gold, its pretty much wrapped up anyways. DLC could be a little slow at first due to this, but thats like a 1 in 10,000 possibility.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Long live the King! This actually made me cry
Crocodile Rock playing while seeing those images of K. Rool and Ridley gives me an indescribable sense of joy.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Long live the King! This actually made me cry
Fun fact, I actually made that particular edit of the K. Rool Wojak. The original was eye bleeding neon green and paon colors with no bloodshot eye. I remember debating whether it was worth it to add the squiggly little veins or not. Glad I went with them, and I'm even gladder that I don't need that image any more.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
That video really makes me look back on the past 10+ years and how it felt to be a K. Rool fan. This character represented a huge part of my childhood and they just kinda tossed him aside after 2008. Sure, he had his stickers and his trophies and his K. Rool Avenue, but the man (croc?) himself was just nowhere to be found. It was frustrating, to say the least, but seeing the fan outcry for his return gave me real hope for the character and his home series. And now Nintendo knows we care, and whenever Donkey Kong Country returns once again we'll almost certainly see the Krew back in full force as well. Makes all the disappointment from the Smash 4 days feel totally worth it.

Also I wanna see an event match featuring K. Rool and Ness called "Crocodile Rockin" now

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Still playing DKC2 on a 102% run. At K. Rool's Keep. The Fiery Furnace lost world level really kicked my head in a bit. Doing my first 102% run got me to thinking something: Did Diddy and Dixie effectively mass genocide an indigenous peoples just to spite K. Rool? Like I know he took Donkey Kong, but does that mean every one on the island was evil? And even if they are, did they really deserve a watery grave? Or we do know K. Rool's ship is seen escaping the island, but can that ship really hold every Kremling, Klampon, rat, porcupine, bird, bug, weasel, and whatever else on that island (at least the aquatic enemies will be okay, I guess, and the ghosts are probably okay enough regardless.)? How did Funky, Wrinkly, and Swanky escape? On Funky's save barrel? Were Mario, Link, and Yoshi on the island too?

Last edited:
Top Bottom