• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think Dixie has an amazing chance now. The entire K. Rool trailer was literally referencing the Mii costume fallout and the fact that DK didn't have its flagship villain. If the team is listening to the fans on that much of a level they must know how popular Dixie Kong is. I fully expect to see her in an upcoming announcement, or at least DLC.

Speaking of DLC, now that K. Rool and Ridley are both in the base game I have no idea who's actually going to be part of DLC now. I can't imagine too many more highly requested characters, even 3rd party, being brought in as DLC now.

Machete

Smash Ace
Did anyone here accurately predict his final smash?
I've been saying that should be his Final Smash since 2007! Hell, almost everything he does pretty much everyone had called it, it's why I think he looks perfect, he looks tailor-made for fans.

Also, it warms my heart to see K.Rool fans supporting Dixie now. After seeing Dark Samus and Chrom not being lazy recolors like Dark Pit, I can be onboard with Dixie being an echo if she changes her normal and up special. If the four of them are together, the DK Crew will finally be back!

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Just had an insane realization about K. Rool that was staring us right in the face. Him lying face down on the ground looking beaten at the end of his trailer... IS his crouch animation. He goes directly from that pose into a backwards crawl. He doesn't roll or get up first... his crouching animation is literally him looking defeated. That's brilliant.
Guys... I have bad news. His roll back animation is literally just him crawling backwards. His actual crouching animation can be seen in the trailer when he's about to pick up a banana. I was wrong here.

I'm so sorry guys. I made you all excited for something cool, and it turns out I was being a hasty idiot. Such a huge mistake on my part, I apologize.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
On another note, I wonder if K. Rool as he is in the Smashverse has any minions left to command.
I'm just imagining that he's just spent the last decade or so stewing in his rage in a cave while the kremlings slowly deserted him, and only now has he finally decided to take his revenge before any more tatters form in his cape.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It's still a long way, but I can't wait to get my hands on a K. Rool amiibo (I'm sure most of you agree on that). The render of him is perfect amiibo material. Lots of funny pics await with that pose of his. There's also the (likely) chance in future DK games (or games in general) his amiibo will have some unique compatibility too so that's a plus. And it'll be a (very high quality) piece of K. Rool merchandise after such a long hiatus of anything so that's pretty awesome.

Also I've been watching people's reaction to K. Rool's reveal and seeing them is one of the best feelings in the world. What a time to be alive.

As for Dixie I think she does have a chance for reasons everyone has already said. While I'm neutral on her, I'd be happy if she made it i

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Also, it warms my heart to see K.Rool fans supporting Dixie now. After seeing Dark Samus and Chrom not being lazy recolors like Dark Pit, I can be onboard with Dixie being an echo if she changes her normal and up special. If the four of them are together, the DK Crew will finally be back!
Now the dust has settled and we've regained our minds a little its the next obvious step and choice. I honestly can't think of who deserves to get in before her now. Once she does smash is pretty much complete for me anything extra is a bonus and a genuine surprise. I could make a few guesses and speculation but I couldn't say with any certainty now where they will go from here.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I think Dixie Kong is incredibly likely now. DK and Metroid have been in similar situations as far as Smash goes for years. There's the popular heavy antagonist people want, and then there's a less popular pick that is also wanted. The difference between Dark Samus and Dixie as far as popularity is Dixie was probably wanted just as much as K. Rool, while Dark Samus was never close to Ridley levels. Given that Dark Samus is an echo, it would make sense that Dixie would be an echo of Diddy. Now of course she (and Dark Samus) have more moveset potential, but being included is better than nothing. Dixie actually might have a few unique moves, given how Chrom's recovery is different from Roy's.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I just feel the DK roster isn't complete without Dixie.

The character select screen will look weird with Donkey, Diddy and K. Rool next to each other. We need Dixie between Diddy/K. Rool, or an echo pic or whatever.

Untouch

Smash Master
I gotta say, being able to watch smash bros directs without worrying and stressing over deconfirmations is going to be nice. The diddy and DK banana gun moment got my heart rate soaring.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Speaking of DLC, now that K. Rool and Ridley are both in the base game I have no idea who's actually going to be part of DLC now. I can't imagine too many more highly requested characters, even 3rd party, being brought in as DLC now.
An ARMS character seems like the most obvious bet for DLC atm. New franchise that is popular and successful, with unique character designs that could easily translate into Smash, and could potentially make Nintendo MORE money by garnering interest in Smash fans that might look into ARMS? It’s such an obvious move for Nintendo I’d be astonished if they didn’t go for it.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
This is day 2 of King K. Rool in Smash.

Dixie is likely on the way.

Wow, how things change, huh?

I knew Sakurai would pull the lever if he saw our demand. Sakurai ain't as much of a gatekeeper as some in the speculation community. "The support doesn't count or is not real because he's been gone for so long". Sakurai: Phooey.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Even if the really big potential fighters are promoted from wishlists, that leaves a power vacuum that can still easily be filled by characters that initially didn't get as much support. We're still far from resorting to D-listers, especially with everything third parties have in their back catalogs.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
:link:

Anyone else legitimately watch the K. Rool trailer at least 100 times already?

. . . Just me?
Btw if you watch GOKU vs Android 17 in Super you will see an closely identical setting with the very similar pose to K.Rool trailer at the end. I don't know if Sakurai is trolling but that's too much of a coincidence right???? Right??? Could K.Rool foreshadow something. Something is very conspicuous here.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Gotta say... I voted for Dixie in the ballot, K. Rool was out of my list because too many years in the shadows. Two characters seems difficult but Metroid got it. Dixie seems very possible since we will still get a bunch of echoes, Dark Samus outside the Metroid big reveal trailer, Chrom as not a pure copy-paste, the ballot results where she could have done a good work for a echo slot, one of the most obvious clones since Braw at least... It's not the better option for Dixie fans, but still better than nothing. Better than Funky. Better than appear in Diddy's new FSmash.
We were hungy for more DK representation, now we got a new fighter, an AT and Dixie could be the best dessert.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
:link:

Anyone else legitimately watch the K. Rool trailer at least 100 times already?

. . . Just me?
Nope I'm glad its not just me that has a problem. I just cant believe it still and makes me smile every time I see it.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I know I'm a little late and haven't been here in a while but I just had to come and say how unbelievably excited I am for K Rool to finally be confirmed.

It may seem silly but after the Corrin/Bayonneta reveal I actually sold my copy of smash 4. DKC as a series means so much to me and the way it was treated in smash 4 was beyond frustrating.

Happy to see this has drastically changed for Smash Ultimate. K Rool is perfect. His design is better than I could even imagine. I love his run animation. I love how much personality he has. I'm just so happy. They not only paid homage to who he is but took it to an entirely new level.

Yesterday felt like a dream. Even today I don't know if it has sunk in yet.

Good job everyone. Because of your hard work a new generation of kids will get to see just how awesome DKs nemisis is.

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I gotta say, being able to watch smash bros directs without worrying and stressing over deconfirmations is going to be nice. The diddy and DK banana gun moment got my heart rate soaring.
Did you see NAIRO reaction LOOOOOL. That boy almost had a heart attack. Did people really think K. Rool was going to be shown in that scene? That moment I knew he was probably in because Sakurai intentionally took 30 days to showcase the item.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Phew.
Man. I woke up today and saw K. Rool on my phone just to remind myself this wasn't a dream. Hot damn, this really happened. It's sinking in at last. I'm excited for Smash Bros. again. I was expecting Dixie Kong alongside him but I still think she'll get in. Even if it's as an echo, one look at Chrom makes me hopeful she'll be distinctive enough that it won't really matter, plus she'll line up with her boys just right.

The Dream Came True.

Nay, The Dream is Real.

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I also checked SmashBros.com this morning. I almost cried when I saw that K. Rool was still for real.

I'm emotional ;( <3

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
My only gripe with the reveal trailer was this: After D3 revealed himself, DK and Diddy should've just narrowed their eyes at him, with Diddy maybe shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

It would've given the perfect sense of "Oh great, he's at it again..." to that moment which would've both captured the fans' reactions, as well as implied that this perhaps wasn't the first time D3 had pulled stunts like this.
There's an alternative interpretation of that scene I saw elsewhere that I just love.

As K. Rool hadn't been seen for a decade, it's possible that Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong genuinely thought he was dead. Their reaction may've been just shock at Dedede going so low as to make fun of a dead man.

Likeside, their eye-popping reaction to K. Rool with this interpretation would've been less fear, and more "HOLY **** HE'S ALIVE!!!".

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I’d say Dixie still has a fair shot, with Dark Samus being shown independent from Ridley’s grand reveal.
Chrom has Aether for an up-special despite being linked to Roy, so I see no reason why Dixie couldn’t inherit Spinning Kong while being Diddy’s echo. It’s not an ideal scenerio, but I think it would be a more than fair compromise over getting nothing!
This. Throw in DK's Cargo throw mechanics as well, maybe give her hair grabs (she didn't grab like this in Tropical Freeze I remind you) and she's good. Ideally if she would get a few unique characteristics as less speed, more floatiness and maybe even a aerial glide mechanic like Peach. It seems the term 'Echo' allows for way more freedom than we first thought. Dark Samus even has her own stance compared to Samus, and Chrom seems as the most unique Echo yet. Dixie being one isn't as bad of an idea as I thought...

But to be honest, Funky fits the Echo role better than Dixie. I'd be excited with both honestly!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I wouldn't mind a Dixie echo now. :) Also Lip from Panel De Pon would blow the roof off that K. Rool almost destroyed with his badass entrance. lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Checked the trailer again, still feels intense.. We really did it guys. Damn we can be proud of this! Perfect reveal. Am gonna make K.Rool one of my secondaries as soon as Ultimate releases. All we can hope for now is a new role in a new DKC game! Am confident that it will happen as well.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I've been watching the Ridley and King K. Rool trailers back-to-back.
The difference between them is night and day. It's like Ridley is the modern Joker and King K. Rool is Silver Age Joker.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Woke up this morning legitimately worried that I had just dreamed the direct and K.Rool reveal up. I came to after a few seconds thankfully and remembered our victory. It still gets me so damn excited. We ****ing did it, guys. Sakurai obviously is the man responsible and we have him to thank, but our support and constant clamoring for him to be in actually made an impact this time, it's just surreal. I'm highly confident this will bring some much needed attention to the character and that hopefully, we'll see him in another actual Donkey Kong game soon. But for now, I'm just gonna enjoy giving everyone the smackdown with this fatass crocodile.

Also Thread Theme:

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Yeah, makes me wonder if he gets something like tough guy or a Belly shield
We already know his dash attack gives him super armor so strong it beats out Little Mac's side b. Imagine if he did get something like Link's shield for his front armor. K. Rool would be a pretty nasty character to fight against.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
This is day 2 of King K. Rool in Smash.

Dixie is likely on the way.

Wow, how things change, huh?

I knew Sakurai would pull the lever if he saw our demand. Sakurai ain't as much of a gatekeeper as some in the speculation community. "The support doesn't count or is not real because he's been gone for so long". Sakurai: Phooey.
Not only that but it's like BKuppa said a few days ago. There's been zero references to K. Rools absence mentioned on the promotional side of things.. Nintendo's official Twitter and Facebook page act like he never went anywhere. Everywhere I look from them it says Donkey Kongs fearsome foe, or his arch nemesis. There's no dumb little quips like saying "blast from the past" or "DKs classic foe". It's like K. Rool never went anywhere

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
I remember when the ballot happened and... Bayonetta was announced as the "winner". I just KNEW that was BS, and felt so crushed that we fought so hard and still failed... but we didn't. Our battle was fought and won years ago during the Smash ballot, but we just didn't realize it then. We are tasting the fruits of our hard work today though. Right here, right now.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
I'm a day late here, and I haven't been active in this thread since pretty much the Smash 4 DLC days, but dear god yesterday was something else. I hadn't gave up hope on K. Rool but I didn't at all expect him to be the big reveal of the direct. Man, seeing him and DK charge at each other with Gangplank Galleon in the background send chills down my spine... I keep rewatching the trailer and reaction videos and I'm still in disbelief that he's finally in. Between him and Ridley this game really is turning out to be worthy of the "Ultimate" name.

So overall just felt like stopping by and giving a hearty congratulations to my fellow Kremlings! Can't believe we can finally say it's out finest hour!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
There's an alternative interpretation of that scene I saw elsewhere that I just love.

As K. Rool hadn't been seen for a decade, it's possible that Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong genuinely thought he was dead. Their reaction may've been just shock at Dedede going so low as to make fun of a dead man.

Likeside, their eye-popping reaction to K. Rool with this interpretation would've been less fear, and more "HOLY **** HE'S ALIVE!!!".
I love this interpretation even more...

"That's low even for YOU, you fat, feathered ****..."

Last edited:
Top Bottom