• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

cybersai

Smash Ace
My expectations are Ashley and maybe Isabelle.

I want a Dixie/K. Rool trailer. I also think we may get Simon and the Pokemon rep before them too anyway.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'm feeling like we will get Simon and MAYBE an echo. That's probably about it. I'd like for it to be a character that hasn't been mentioned by Vegiburger just to turn that whole thing on it's head but I'm feeling like it will be someone he mentioned... basically as long as K. Rool doesn't get deconfirmed Wednesday that's all I care about with this upcoming direct. Of course I want him announced asap but I'm sure he won't be, so that way my suffering can extend into the fall..

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm feeling Ashley, an echo (Isabelle), and probably a third party character. I'm betting that they're saving K Rool until the next Direct or they'll randomly drop him at the last minute.

But as long as Ashley and Isabelle aren't shown as assists, then they still have a chance even if they aren't confirmed.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I know King K Rool has a ton of fan support and demand, but I’m not sure I buy that it’s too soon after Ridley. He’s a big reveal, but basically every character that gets into Smash is a big reveal anymore. He would signify that Sakurai is clearly listening to fans so immediately, and only add to the good faith of the reveal.

Generally speaking in Smash history the last newcomers shown aren’t always the most hype anyway right? Shulk was somewhat hype and requested I’ll give you, but it wasn’t like he was the most requested at the time. And Sonic actually got added at the end, so I’m not sure he would necessarily save the best for last...

I just don’t see that as a deterrent to be honest. Again, I don’t believe he’ll be in this Wednesday necessarily, but I also could see it happening

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Guys I need to know if I'm a famished husk of a man.

Can I get a quick show of hands who thinks the "I've got red eyes" quote in the teaser by Sakurai was a clue to anything at all? Even perhaps subliminally?
I'm so convinced that if there isn't something noticeably red or eye-related in the Direct I'll feel baited.

StormC

Smash Hero
I know King K Rool has a ton of fan support and demand, but I’m not sure I buy that it’s too soon after Ridley. He’s a big reveal, but basically every character that gets into Smash is a big reveal anymore. He would signify that Sakurai is clearly listening to fans so immediately, and only add to the good faith of the reveal.

Generally speaking in Smash history the last newcomers shown aren’t always the most hype anyway right? Shulk was somewhat hype and requested I’ll give you, but it wasn’t like he was the most requested at the time. And Sonic actually got added at the end, so I’m not sure he would necessarily save the best for last...

I just don’t see that as a deterrent to be honest. Again, I don’t believe he’ll be in this Wednesday necessarily, but I also could see it happening
To me the difference is there are less reveals this time, and possibly no secret characters. In that context... I could see them save K. Rool.

I hope they don't, for my own sanity.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Guys I need to know if I'm a famished husk of a man.

Can I get a quick show of hands who thinks the "I've got red eyes" quote in the teaser by Sakurai was a clue to anything at all? Even perhaps subliminally?
I'm so convinced that if there isn't something noticeably red or eye-related in the Direct I'll feel baited.
It's not impossible I guess. But odds are roughly 99.9% that he just meant it as literally "I'm tired".

Klimax

Smash Ace
We know for a fact that the character they're going to reveal is pretty popular in Japan, so in my opinion, it must be Ashley or K Rool.
+ Sakurai talkin about red eyes make this even more believable.
Finally seeing K Rool showing up in Smash Bros after a wait of 15+ years would be so awesome...

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Sakurai was just apologizing for not looking well in the direct.
This. He's apologizing for being tired. Do you not realize how hard this man works? Trying to project "red eye" to mean a specific character is a little offensive to Sakurai. Not everything is or needs to be a hint.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
That leaker claims K. Rool will get 4 unique outfits? LOL? Even just getting the Kaptain K. Rool outfit is a bit of a stretch, but he claims the doctor, boxer, and pharoah K. Rool are in it too?

Why would Sakurai give K. Rool of all characters all those outfits? Like I said, if he is in the game I'd probably only see him having the Kaptain outfit and even that is a bit of a stretch.
Because I suggested it in my Smash ballot vote

Untouch

Smash Master
Sakurai isn't a man that gives hints, he seems pretty adamant of everything being totally under wraps until it happens.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
They waited years to reveal this game. Years of secrecy. I don't think the broke that secrecy even a little with anything he said in the tweet when they just have to wait 3 days more. Both the red eyes comment and the comment about it being easier for Japanese people's schedules have mundane, more believable explanations than hints about specific characters or which geographic locations the reveal could appeal to.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Unless Sakurai was lying we have under 12(15 if mii's count as 3) characters left. So any reveal that isn't K. Rool is going to be a stab in the heart.... Unless its Banjo/Kazooie or Dixie(Most other characters I really want don't have much of a chance except maybe Bandana Dee). Geno also wouldn't be bad because even though I don't care about him it would confirm they are focusing on fan favorites and almost guarantee K. Rool is in.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I also just came across that video. He goes out of his way to source all the previous loz posts, but doesn't link the one stating K. Rool and Shadow.
And the video still gets 53 likes!

D

Deleted member

LaxChris posts rumors everyday, he says they might not be true. Don't think even he believes half of them don't put too much into this.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktBhdr_VFmc

Has anyone seen this? This guy is saying that loz is claiming that King K. Rool, Shadow, and a mystery character will be shown in the direct on Wednesday. I haven't seen loz say that anywhere. Has anyone else seen him post that?
Already fake loz18 never said k rool

He said "heroes vs villians" theme is the rumor and feels that hints king k rool.

Oh and logically we should end up with a eastern highly request this theory is based of Ridley a western wanted I think he's going to show a eastern one to equal it out

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't think it's that, in Isabelle's case. I think it's more like people are throwing their hands up and going "well, she has to be an Echo because Villager already covers everything an AC character could do".
I disagree with this and think there's certainly enough material to work with for her, however.
I've long believed Isabelle *could* in fact be the character based around "calling a friend for help." That could be the motto for Animal Crossing as a series. And that would be a fun choice as the "summoner" type of character. With lots of nods to the characters of AC, so much so fan favorites that they have the third largest amiibo line.
For me, it’s because Donkey Kong has been one of my favorite video game franchises since I was a kid and it honestly feels like something is missing from Smash with Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong bring the only 2 DK reps.
Astute. I actually realize, I truly want 5 DK characters. I think DK jr has such a special place in video game history that he has earned his keep.
The N64 era honestly has almost no representation outside of a couple of Ocarina of Time nods, which is ironic considering the first Smash game owes its allegiance to that platform
Also astute. This really must be why I am so loyal to Banjo- I certainly don't have enough familiarity with his games to love him as much as I do.
It's shameful, it shouldn't be treated like the frickin' Virtual Boy. As such, Banjo-Kazooie have to be in here to help address this issue (also, at least 2/3rds of the DK Crew, though it'd be more gravy than anything else)
What is / who are 2/3 of the DK Crew?
You know what would be nice is if Chunky Kong got at least a trophy this time around. That poor dude hasn't been seen in 3D since DK64.
I mean, one dude spotted him back in Smash Wii U. That was some magic.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
LaxChris posts rumors everyday, he says they might not be true. Don't think even he believes half of them don't put too much into this.
I'm not really putting any stock into it. I'm more so just curious as to why he would make a video claiming loz said something if he didn't. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
In some alternate timeline we would have Tiny, Lanky, and Chunky as a three in one character like Pokemon Trainer.

Untouch

Smash Master
What even is the basis of this "villains vs heros" rumour?
There's nothing pointing towards that at all.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I saw a leak that said Brash the Bear would be revealed as a playable fighter Wednesday morning. And then someone who totally did not want easy clicks made a YouTube video about it, which means it is now doubly true. Spoiler alert!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It just occurred to me how horribly out of character it is for so, so much of the roster to be caught blocking....

is this odd?

(thought courtesy of K Rool)

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I honestly don’t think there’s too many characters left to reveal, so I feel they need to keep the hype going. I’m going to be bold and predict that we’ll either get K. Rool and/or Dixie or a third party rep. Just feels appropriate to me to reveal someone that’s a big deal. I honestly could be wrong, but I’m really happy there’s a direct coming at all either way. Let’s go! Are you people ready for this ****?!

Last edited:

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
The N64 era honestly has almost no representation outside of a couple of Ocarina of Time nods, which is ironic considering the first Smash game owes its allegiance to that platform
Seriously dude. I’m glad we got Young Link back as he’s the closest thing to a N64 rep we have.

Oh yeah, and Shiek and Wolf (though he was supposed to originate on the SNES.

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
It's not impossible I guess. But odds are roughly 99.9% that he just meant it as literally "I'm tired".
I guess I'm alone on this one, dang.
It boggles my damn mind that you guys believe these leaks past a casual amusement and a quote from the man himself isn't worthy of looking at.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Scenario: Sakurai does indeed add both Dixie and K. Rool...as a single fighter, like Ice Climbers and Rosalina & Luma.

How do you react?

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
Deeply confused. Teams work when it makes sense for the characters. I don't think it's possible for that to be the case.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Scenario: Sakurai does indeed add both Dixie and K. Rool...as a single fighter, like Ice Climbers and Rosalina & Luma.

How do you react?
It’d only make sense if she were just part of his move set, as in he dragged her around on a rope or something. And only for a brief period, as part of a timed move.

Or maybe she could be ammo for his gun.

And even then it’s a bad idea.

Though it might be intriguing if she were in his move set until you unlock her, at which point he only fires cannonballs. This could open the door to a lot of future surprise reveals.

This was a very half-assed attempt at humoring the idea. We don’t want them as a team, surely we can agree on that

Top Bottom