• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
im a K.ROOL supporter from the beginning of my life.
( ...before Brawl at least.. ;) )
SO i'm IN AGAIN and if he is not in smash switch ( alongside dixie) i will be very sad again :(

i don't understand why he is not ....or why kid icarus got 3 and DK only 2 since brawl.
(yes kid is sakurai baby thats why but anyway...)

I SUPPORT OUR KING! HAIL TO THE K.KING ROOL

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Don't have a FAQs account so I can't vote.

I heard some things about FAQs being a toxic place.

D

Deleted member

Don't have a FAQs account so I can't vote.

I heard some things about FAQs being a toxic place.
They also have a habit of making up really stupid patterns, such as "Shovel Knight doesn't have a chance because every 3rd party character that got in was in a fighting game" (obviously that was before Bayonetta) or "Square Enix won't get a 2nd character because no 3rd party company that had a DLC character got a 2nd character in the next game" (I'm not making this up).
I don't have an account there but that was what I've seen in the few times I visited that place.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
They also have a habit of making up really stupid patterns, such as "Shovel Knight doesn't have a chance because every 3rd party character that got in was in a fighting game" (obviously that was before Bayonetta) or "Square Enix won't get a 2nd character because no 3rd party company that had a DLC character got a 2nd character in the next game" (I'm not making this up).
I don't have an account there but that was what I've seen in the few times I visited that place.
I just remember those guys as the people who had this weird obsession of hating Daisy.

Almost like those guys were the reverse MM3.

D

Deleted member

I just remember those guys as the people who had this weird obsession of hating Daisy.

Almost like those guys were the reverse MM3.
They were doing it because of MM3.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Even though K. Rool's fate has probably already been decided by Sakurai at this point, count me in as supporting the big krok once again. He's still one of the most memorable characters from my childhood who isn't yet playable in Smash and even though part of me feels that he should come back to the DK series before Smash, I also admit it can be other other way around - Smash influencing K. Rool to become relevant to modern Nintendo again which pushes DK game designers to bring him back to the series. Getting a DK 3D platformer (with more focus on platforming and a less scripted gameplay than DK64) with Kremlings and K. Rool back as the villains would be one of the best possible E3 announcements, and probably convince me to get a Switch.

Also I bought the Kostume back in the days, before Sakurai likely decided the roster for the Switch game, maybe he did sell well compared to other characters that would influence his decision? Unfortunately we don't have access to that data, but I'm curious to know if there are other people who bought the Kostume before the period during which Smash Switch's development likely started.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
This seems very ironic given this forums penchant for doing the exact same thing...

Anyway, I feel like the time for voting was with our mouths in the ballot and our wallets on the costume. Don't see anything to be gained from getting into an argument on Gamefaqs about it.

D

Deleted member

Good to see the hype train for King K. Rool rolling again his royal gnarliness deserves it!

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
What's up fellas I'm back with big hopes for my favorite big boy
im a K.ROOL supporter from the beginning of my life.
( ...before Brawl at least.. ;) )
SO i'm IN AGAIN and if he is not in smash switch ( alongside dixie) i will be very sad again :(

i don't understand why he is not ....or why kid icarus got 3 and DK only 2 since brawl.
(yes kid is sakurai baby thats why but anyway...)

I SUPPORT OUR KING! HAIL TO THE K.KING ROOL
Welcome / Welcome back!

Our patterns are nowhere as stupid as the ones I've listed.
I don't know about that; we've had some preeetty dumb moments in the past... :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If you think that's bad, try listening to the other songs from the Donkey Kong Country cartoon.

I know all about it lol. I watched the cartoon back when I was 5.

Back then it was one of my favorite TV shows. Now I cringe everytime I see it. Animation gives me the creeps.

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
God that video is so cringey lol.
Well, then, I guess that means that you're not... one of us :p
It sure doesn't hold up, but it's tradition dagnabbit.

Read my post.
Then tell me if we're dumber than GameFAQs users.
Take it easy there, pal; my post was clearly meant in jest.

If you think that's bad, try listening to the other songs from the Donkey Kong Country cartoon.

Y'know, that whole cartoon is exactly the type of thing which I consider to be "so bad that it's hilarious," haha.

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
Count me in, I've been supporting K. Rool for the longest time and I hope his chances are higher this time! I'm fairly sure he did exceptionally well in the Ballot so as long as Sakurai deems him realizable I think he's likely enough, but I don't wanna get my hopes up too much just in case.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Count me in, I've been supporting K. Rool for the longest time and I hope his chances are higher this time! I'm fairly sure he did exceptionally well in the Ballot so as long as Sakurai deems him realizable I think he's likely enough, but I don't wanna get my hopes up too much just in case.
Smart thinking. Welcome to the klub!

Luigi player

Smash Master
I can't stop imagining K. Rool looking somewhere and after a few moments seeing the Smash symbol in his big eye, just like it was in the trailer for the Inklings / Smash Switch (I've watched the trailer too many times and it would make too much sense for K. Rool to have that in his eye too xD).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If anything his trailer should have DK fighting against Mario or something when K. Rool shows up alongside Bowser to take on their hated enemies.

If you guys can think of better i'd like to hear that.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
If anything his trailer should have DK fighting against Mario or something when K. Rool shows up alongside Bowser to take on their hated enemies.

Mario, Link, DK and Samus fighting. Suddenly attacked by Bowser, Ganon, KKR and Ridley, simultaneously announcing 3 new villains for smash.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice

In the days of Smash 4, I imagined a dual trailer which showed off K. Rool and the (as of then unconfirmed) Pirate Ship stage by having the Kremlings board Toon Link's vessel before dramatically revealing the King himself. It wasn't spectacular by any means, but I thought at the time that K. Rool needed to be the main focus of his reveal, and I wanted to play around with themes of spontaneously reappearing to fight in Smash, so I went from there.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Mario, Link, DK and Samus fighting. Suddenly attacked by Bowser, Ganon, KKR and Ridley, simultaneously announcing 3 new villains for smash.
Now that's much better! The first row of Smash 64 (sans unshockables) all against their hated enemies.

Although in that case Ridley would have to be revealed first.

D

Deleted member

I'd love too see Mario and Donkry Kong throwing hands. Then King K. Tool emerges and is announced.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Welp, speculation is alive and well again. Hello everyone! Hard to say what's going on with K.Rool. He hasn't been seen in a while, though he certainly hasn't left the minds of gamers anyways.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Donkey Kong deserves his villain. I was honestly quite annoyed when we got K. Rool as a Mii costume, yet he was never added to the game. Support!

Just give me his pirate outfit as a costume.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Donkey Kong deserves his villain. I was honestly quite annoyed when we got K. Rool as a Mii costume, yet he was never added to the game. Support!

Just give me his pirate outfit as a costume.

You are right we need bluster Kong in smash thank you that gif changed my life.

Make him a DK clone but with a hadoken, a shine, Kong cyclone, and of course after burner kick.

K. Rool is his final smash obvi. ;)

I'd rather not wade through the human filth that is GameFaqs social forums, thank you very much!

Kind of like SB at times, couple of posters stink it up with hot garbage. We had the unfortunate pleasure of a couple who waded in earlier but are now gone! :)

Although if it was a proper vote I'd grin and bear it.

A potential K.Rool trailer, eh?

DK and Diddy in battle with some characters and then a crown flies in on out of shot, knocking one Kong out the way, then a a couple of seconds later a cannonball flies in out of shot, blasting the other Kong away, then K.Rool comes into frame, then goes to town on the Kongs opponents.

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
During Smash 4, after the K. Rool mii costume was revealed, I imagined a K. Rool trailer going something like this. And if Mii Costumes return, this would be an awesome, albeit unlikely, reveal trailer:

Donkey Kong is fighting on Gangplank Galleon against... A Mii dressed as K. Rool.... and he's utterly destroying the Mii. DK is just wiping the floor with the Mii. After he hits the Mii with a fully charged neutral b punch, the Mii hits the ground in the laying down animation that signifies get up stun. DK has won! He beat his opponent! Screen scrolls off to the side, away from DK and the laying down Mii, and the "Kredits" role, to the jaunty first part of K. Rool's signature Gangplank Galleon theme.

Smash Bros. Lead Designer........ K. Rusha
Lead Artist.................................... K. Lump

et cetera, et cetera

And Special Thanks To .............. King K. Rool

By now, Gangplank Galleon is shifting into its heavy base line. Screen scrolls back to DK and... K. Rool now laying on the ground "defeated", completely replacing the Mii in the spot it had been in. K. Rool gets up triumphantly, signifying that the battle isn't over, before delivering a hearty Smash attack right into DK. Cue the K. Rool character Splash page (If they're still doing that for Smash Switch. Who knows?). At this point, the Gangplank Galleon music really picks up and we get an awesome montage of K. Rool wrecking other Smash characters.

During Smash 4, after the K. Rool mii costume was revealed, I imagined a K. Rool trailer going something like this. And if Mii Costumes return, this would be an awesome, albeit unlikely, reveal trailer:

Donkey Kong is fighting on Gangplank Galleon against... A Mii dressed as K. Rool.... and he's utterly destroying the Mii. DK is just wiping the floor with the Mii. After he hits the Mii with a fully charged neutral b punch, the Mii hits the ground in the laying down animation that signifies get up stun. DK has won! He beat his opponent! Screen scrolls off to the side, away from DK and the laying down Mii, and the "Kredits" role, to the jaunty first part of K. Rool's signature Gangplank Galleon theme.

Smash Bros. Lead Designer........ K. Rusha
Lead Artist.................................... K. Lump

et cetera, et cetera

And Special Thanks To .............. King K. Rool

By now, Gangplank Galleon is shifting into its heavy base line. Screen scrolls back to DK and... K. Rool now laying on the ground "defeated", completely replacing the Mii in the spot it had been in. K. Rool gets up triumphantly, signifying that the battle isn't over, before delivering a hearty Smash attack right into DK. Cue the K. Rool character Splash page (If they're still doing that for Smash Switch. Who knows?). At this point, the Gangplank Galleon music really picks up and we get an awesome montage of K. Rool wrecking other Smash characters.
That's absolutely perfect, it's glorious, I cannot find a fault with it!

Hey maybe Dixie can retaliate on behalf of the kongs and be another reveal, after the Rool reveal. One can dream...

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I just wish that the newcomers for Smash Switch are partly derived from the Ballot results.

I mean come on, we kroc'd the vote pretty hard, didn't we?

D

Deleted member

Sakurai hopefully uses the ballot results in reference to this Smash. That way characters like King K. Rool and a host of others can get in.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I just wish that the newcomers for Smash Switch are partly derived from the Ballot results.

I mean come on, we kroc'd the vote pretty hard, didn't we?
The question is, is K.Rool realizable? :troll:

If Smash 5 is based off the ballot, then my predictions are **** this time around, and I'm okay with that.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sakurai hopefully uses the ballot results in reference to this Smash. That way characters like King K. Rool and a host of others can get in.
The Japanese site did say that they'd potentially use the results for future games.

It's the sole reason I now think K. Rool is more likely than Dixie.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You are right we need bluster Kong in smash thank you that gif changed my life.
To think that character was most likely inspired by Manky from DKC lol.

In my childhood I always thought there would be some way to play as that character in the DKC-DK64 games. In hindsight i'm very glad that wasn't the case lol.

waterfall6464

Smash Cadet
Hello, just popping in to show my support for the king. Been supporting him since like 2007, but fourth time's the charm, right?

Top Bottom