• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool, Confirmed! (For Smashified)

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
This is probably my favorite render next to Rayman! They both look really official.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
i glanced at the news and saw "K. Rool confirmed".

how could you

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
My most two most wanted characters...
...getting Smashified by ArtsyOmni.
Thank you so much.
Rayman and K. Rool for Smash!

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
I imagine K. Rool as heavy, but surprisingly swift character as in heavy as Dedede and about the speed of Pit. In return, he would have bad recovery, range, and lag. I'm not a fan of the character, but I think that would match his personality fairly well.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Earlier this afternoon, Artsy Omni and Chris Szczesiul released the latest Smashified! video, this time featuring Donkey Kong baddie King K. Rool! K. Rool has long been a highly-requested character for the Smash Bros. series, and while he hasn't made it into the series just yet this is the next best thing. For Smashers interested in seeing K. Rool as a Smash 4 render, or even learning more about digital art through the artists' commentary, this video should satisfy!

Smashify: King K. Rool
How do you like this render? Who do you want to see Smashified next? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit thinks this is the best of the bunch so far. Chat with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I imagine K. Rool as I heavy, but surprisingly swift character as in heavy as Dedede and about the speed of Pit. In return, he would have bad recovery, range, and lag. I'm not a fan of the character, but I think that would match his personality fairly well.
Considering his most notable physical attribute is his boxing skills, I'd say he'd have decent range. He's got his blunderbuss, his throwing crown, lightning, barrels, etc. Not to mention his smashing/jumping abilities. His recovery could be his propeller pack, I guess.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Don't get me wrong, he's an iconic villain for DKC and there could definitely be some interesting ways to implement him in the game

i just don't understand where he got the legions of fans requesting him to be in the game. It's unprecedented.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Don't get me wrong, he's an iconic villain for DKC and there could definitely be some interesting ways to implement him in the game

i just don't understand where he got the legions of fans requesting him to be in the game. It's unprecedented.
He was a well-loved character from a well-loved game series. Unlike other Nintendo villains of the time, he exhibited lots of personality, and he was probably one of the best characters in the admittedly controversial cartoon, which many people on Smashboards and abroad undoubtedly grew up watching.

It's also worth noting that he's been absent from his own series in recent years, which has only made longtime fans more and more rabid for his return.

That, and he's one of the last big name Nintendo characters still not playable that could've been playable games ago. Just a few reasons.

Last edited:

Tokis

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashB_Tokis
3DS FC
1478-3110-1670
You made me all excited yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that his fans are so antsy to see him return. Yeah, it's a sizable fanbase, but it seems larger than it is because of how vocal we are. K. Rool's fanbase is probably only about as big as any popular Nintendo character. You just see him talked about a lot more than others because he's one of the few left who hasn't already become playable.

DestinNotDustin

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5172-3310-2014
I've never understood the hype or desire for King K. Rool, and this is coming from someone whose first videogame ever was DKC back in 1995.
The desire comes from internet memes.

If we did receive a Kremling rep, I would prefer Krusha and his orange grenade launcher.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The desire comes from internet memes.
Definitely not the reason. In fact, aside from us pulling up "One of Us" as an in-joke way to greet new fans in the K. Rool thread, I've never, ever seen this reasoning.

Definitely not why most want him, anyway.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Woah! That looks absolutely amazing @HextupleyooDOT ! My favourite so far out all of the Smashified renders!

I might not be a huge K. Rool fan but this has definitely got me hyped, especially for all those DK fans out there! K. Rool has never looked better and he definitely is ready to Smash.

Now just give us Isaac! He's ready to make his "move" after all.

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I don't understand why this has made front page. Especially if this isn't the first smashified video and as far as I'm aware there's nothing particularly special about this rendition (is there?).

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Okay, the team just took Smashified reveals to the next level! Next they ought to start rendering unique backgrounds and even a few new art styles like you find in some trailers.

Kudos to them. Also, I'm looking for that font!

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Ahh crap, I thought this was real. My heart stopped for a moment there.

Still, awesome job on the render. Makes me want K. Rool even more so now.

D

Deleted member

I am very pleased with this design. This is the best possible Paon design he could get and I really like how he looks intimidating. One of my favorite Smashified pictures and I hope to see more from Chris.

Top Bottom