• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea really.
Maybe a completely original move?
That would most likely be the case, considering jet hammer was original to Brawl. Which kind of works in its favor, assuming they also wouldn't know what else to use.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Even though I know King Dedede is coming back, I'm still anxious to see him revealed.

I just can't wait to see the epic, mischivous King of Dreamland in HD.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So with new Kirby Triple Deluxe details, we have learned that Dedede is actually the DAMSEL IN DISTRESS (didn't see that coming) and stars in his own minigame.
That being said, I feel that Dedede is almost a lock to be confirmed in January. Plus I would love to see his belly drum incorporated into his moveset.
Here is his official artwork.

D

Deleted member

I'm anxious for King Dedede's reveal.

If Bandana Dee becomes a part of his side special, I will be extremely upset. Toad isn't one of Japan's most wanted characters because they are pessimistic about him being Peach's neutral special. If Bandana Dee is a part of King Dedede's side special, then Japan will get pessimistic and no longer request for him. I just wish he would get revealed now just to know Bandana Dee's fate...

I'm also afraid to see his stupid chain grab again. I hope that they nerf it heavily in SSB4.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I never expected him to become a damsel-in-distress...

His chain-grab is trollish and can be hilarious in FFAs, but it should be removed.

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
I really hope they reveal King Dedede soon, I think he will be revealed after Kirby Triple Deluxe in Japan. That will be at Saturday. I hope really show him Friday or Monday. That will be my greatest Wish Character for Wii U/3DS more then Mewtwo & Krystal. I really love this guy!!! ^.^

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Which one is more probable to january? Dedede or MK?
Dedede because Triple Deluxe has no sign of Meta Knight yet.
I really hope they reveal King Dedede soon, I think he will be revealed after Kirby Triple Deluxe in Japan. That will be at Saturday. I hope really show him Friday or Monday. That will be my greatest Wish Character for Wii U/3DS more then Mewtwo & Krystal. I really love this guy!!! ^.^
Great King!

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Fingers crossed for dat possible Dedede reveal soon.

As much as I like my Whitney avi (one of my favorite Animal Crossing characters) if King Dedede gets revealed I'd change my avatar to a screenshot of him in a heartbeat.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
They should give Triple D that move in RtDL where he spins and tosses his hammer. Would it be better if the hammer could fly back like a boomerang, or just reappear in Dedede's hands like in the game? Would you like it as a new move, or for it to happen with a fully-charged Jet Hammer?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
They should give Triple D that move in RtDL where he spins and tosses his hammer. Would it be better if the hammer could fly back like a boomerang, or just reappear in Dedede's hands like in the game? Would you like it as a new move, or for it to happen with a fully-charged Jet Hammer?
I like this idea. As for the questions, since I don't want any of King Dedede's moves to be replaced (except possibly his Final Smash, even then I'd be fine if he kept it) I'd go with it being sent flying when Jet Hammer is fully charged. (keep the uncharged and charged versions of the Jet Hammer attack from Brawl as well)

And I'd want it to just reappear in King Dedede's hands like in Return to Dreamland.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I hope and think Dedede will be the next reveal.

How about Dedede's FInal Smash being Masked Dedede? When used, the hammer transforms to the Masked Dedede version then the head opens sending a wave of fire. It'd be like Mario's but of a more narrow focus.

I could see Hammer Toss as a new side special.

If one combines both these ideas, Waddle Dee wouldn't appear and could be a means of Bandana Dee being playable.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I always liked Waddle Dee Toss, personally (it fits his personality well, and it has saved me in countless sudden death matches)
so I wouldn't want the Hammer Toss to replace it, but that's just my opinion.

And Masked Dedede would be a great new FS, having a stronger hammer that can shoot missiles, send shockwaves, blow fire, etc. It'd get my SOOOOOO hyped, though I would be perfectly fine if he kept Waddle Dee Army as well.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Keeping my hopes up, and keeping my expectations low.

Another thing, I'd be confused if Meta Knight ends up getting revealed instead, but he'll certainly be a character that will be well worth discussing once he is revealed, I'm interested to see how Meta Knight will be changed and nerfed. Still, Dedede is my main, so I want to see him first and asap.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Keeping my hopes up, and keeping my expectations low.

Another thing, I'd be confused if Meta Knight ends up getting revealed instead, but he'll certainly be a character that will be well worth discussing once he is revealed, I'm interested to see how Meta Knight will be changed and nerfed. Still, Dedede is my main, so I want to see him first and asap.
Dedede is being advertised a lot with Triple Deluxe, so Meta Knight doesn't make a lot of sense at this point.
Although if we get Dedede now and Meta Knight for the American release it would make sense.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
If he isn't confirmed Friday I will genuinely be surprised.

Then I'll realize Sakurai is making the game and I'll have no reason to be surprised.

I hope he doesn't get that redesign from Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe. I like Super Star's design. I also want the emblem on his back from the early games.

It won't happen, but I can dream.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I heard that instead of throwing Waddle Dees, Dedede and Metaknight are going to be one character, and you will use Metaknight as a projectile like the Waddle Dees. *insert troll face here*

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Sakurai's probably gonna screw with us all and be like "Well to celebrate Kirby's new game, here's Yoshi!"

Not really, but you never know...

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
If he isn't confirmed Friday I will genuinely be surprised.

Then I'll realize Sakurai is making the game and I'll have no reason to be surprised.

I hope he doesn't get that redesign from Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe. I like Super Star's design. I also want the emblem on his back from the early games.

It won't happen, but I can dream.
Epic prediction.
Please remember this fellas.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Anyone else notice that where it normally says "For more info on _____, visit the official website for ____", under the character, it says nothing for Dedede and Triple Deluxe? This probably means either:

1. The website isn't ready (?)
2. He wants to wait until the weekend when the game is being released
3. He's being modest Sakurai again and doesn't wanna blatantly promote his own game

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
YES! I´M GETTING INSANE! My Favorite is finally back, oh I´m so happy, thats my late X-Mas present, oh Thank You Sakurai so much, I could marry you or cuddle you =D Finally the roster is complete!

Yams

Smash Journeyman
In honor of my favorite Smash character, King Dedede, being revealed, I decided to make a quick sculpt of him.

If I'm not busy, I'll try to have him baked and painted by tomorrow for all to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom